Mesmer Staff - Phase Retreat

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Goldschwinge.9725

Goldschwinge.9725

Hi,

i dont know if anybody already reported it, but i am pretty sure this Skill is bugged.

In the skill description is written the skill works with 1.200 range. For me and how the mechanik of this skilkl works, this means that i port back over a range of 1.200 and create a clone. But this is if it all possible a 600 range. Far far away from 1.200 range.

I hope that the 1.200 range is meant for the teleport and not for creating a clone that would not make a lot of sense.

What do you mean?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

There is a thread where is being gathered all bugs related to mesmers: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-Bugs-40-Updated-August-10th/ Not sure if this one was reported before.

Posted by: Chris.4670

Chris.4670

This is no bug.
The 1.200 just describes the range for creating a clone, if your targeted enemy is not within the range you just teleport back without a creating a clone.

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

Description incomplete. Read the first time in 1200 is thought not. Poorly described. How much distance is required to jump. A 1200 is not written about the clone.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

English?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This doesn’t sound like a bug to me; ANet might decide otherwise.

“Range” in a description can refer to many things. In the case of Phase Retreat, it refers to the maximum distance between character & target in which the skill will generate the clone. The description says nothing about how far the caster will travel.

There are actually four scenarios and, in theory, the caster might be moved a different distance for each. (In practice, I suspect there’s at most two: foe targeted and foe untargeted.)

1. No target selected (or auto-selected): No clone. However, character is moved opposite to the direction they are facing.
  2. Target selected, but it is farther than 1200 units from character: No clone. Character moved away from target.
  3. Target selected that is within 1200 units of the character, but obstructed (or is able to block/evade/miss the attack): No clone. Character moved away from target.
  4. Target selected within 1200 units of the character: Clone created and character moved away from target.

Presumably, the distance traveled is the same in (2) & (3) (and probably (4) as well); it’s possibly different for (1). I haven’t seen any published results of controlled tests to measure it.

Language note:

“Range,” as typically used in English, refers to a maximum distance; it almost never means the distance actually traveled.

• Example of Range: The Enfield Rifle has an Effective Firing Range of 550 yards.
  • Example of Distance: I’d be lucky to hit a barn door at 50 yards.
  • Example of Both: Under proper conditions (wind, height, etc.), an expert can hit a target as far as 3,000 yards away. (It’s the theoretical Maximum Range, i.e. the distance a tiny number of people can reach using this weapon.)
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”