Mesmer Tourettes Syndrome

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

My level 31 Charr mesmer uses Signet of Inspiration and Signet of the Ether. Both have passive effects that trigger every ten seconds. Which is great, except that ANet in its wisdom has decided that such effects should sometimes be accompanied by vocal effects. OK, I understand why – add a little colour.

Except that, right now, “sometimes” is “about every second time”. So, every session I play is punctuated every 20 seconds or so by my socially-incompetent mesmer shouting something random (“Swiftly!”; “Might makes Right!”; “Retaliation Incoming!”; “Healthy and Hale!”; “Armoured Up!”; “Anger Rising!”; and God knows how many others – most from Signet of Inspiration, it has to be said) – and it got old VERY fast. She’s like some elderly drunk sitting in a corner of the bar, having a very loud argument with an invisible drinking companion. It’s not only not remotely adding value, it’s seriously spoiling my enjoyment.

I don’t remember previous mesmers being like this, and I’ve levelled several – so I’m assuming that something has changed for the worse recently. Or maybe it’s just the Charr. Either way, it’s a bug; I shouldn’t need to change my skills or my sound settings just to get around something unpleasantly annoying that has been built (I have no doubt unintentionally) into the game.

Please take a look at it. PLEASE. Not least, I think my ears are beginning to bleed.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

In Sacred 2 there has an option been implemented to determine how frequent commentaries shall be played.
Maybe, it’s worth a try to get such an option, too. Since I like the voice over and do not want them to mute my characters.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

O.o when did it start? Are those shouting with your char’s voice or some “random” voice? I’m afraid that an old bug has came back. A few months ago there was a bug where our chars would shout stuff from other races and professions. It was scary hearing my female sylvari yelling like a male charr O.o

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

O.o when did it start? Are those shouting with your char’s voice or some “random” voice? I’m afraid that an old bug has came back. A few months ago there was a bug where our chars would shout stuff from other races and professions. It was scary hearing my female sylvari yelling like a male charr O.o

Can’t honestly say when it started; I started noticing it a few days ago. And the shouts are all valid, and in the correct voice; just too frequent to be comfortable.

Posted by: Wakko.2078

Wakko.2078

those shoutting should follow the timing you get the boon, dunno if it’s should be that frequent to annoy you.

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

brilliant

Phaatonn, London UK

shadow.6174

Oh I see, I made a mistake and I was talking about a completely different issue, just this one reminded of that other. Well, I haven’t noticed any issues with my mesmer lately. Maybe it has something to do with race? My mesmer is a sylvari and I see yours is a charr.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It isn’t a bug, it’s intentional and has always been this way. You say things a lot while fighting when you get boons as well, but you notice it far less.

It is sometimes a bit over-talkative, but to me not nearly as annoying as ranger dog pets were or having these on auto-cast: ‘for great justice’, ‘locust swarm’, etc.

Having said that, I wouldn’t have signet of inspiration on while standing around.

shadow.6174

It isn’t a bug, it’s intentional and has always been this way. You say things a lot while fighting when you get boons as well, but you notice it far less.

It is sometimes a bit over-talkative, but to me not nearly as annoying as ranger dog pets were or having these on auto-cast: ‘for great justice’, ‘locust swarm’, etc.

Having said that, I wouldn’t have signet of inspiration on while standing around.

Oh true, speaking of it and now that I stopped to think about I realized that. Usually I have that signet on and yes my char shouts out things like that all time, that signet gives boons each 10 secs then yeah. Just I have never been bothered by that then I hardly saw that as issue.

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

It’s intentional and it’s not only to add flavor. It’s to let you know what buffs you and other characters are getting without having to keep an eye on a buff bar. Like when your character says “swiftly” it just got swiftnes, “armored up” – protection “anger rising”- fury etc etc

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

My asuran mesmer does it too. I’ve actually gotten so accustomed to hearing it I change her behavior (where applicable) so she gets the maximum benefit from the boon in question.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server