Mesmer Utility skill 'blink' bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cake Crowley.8375

Cake Crowley.8375

Hey, this bug ain’t something which gives a character an advantage, it’s just a graphical glitch. How it works:

1) Walk
2) Swap weapons
3) Activate ‘blink’ just after the weapons swapped
4) Your character will be frozen in a certain position. You can still move, however, pressing a different move key will make your character look normal again.

What I also discovered:
5) If you activate a the Mesmer elite skill ‘time warp’ while your characters animations are frozen, your character will be frozen in another position. The ‘design’ position, as your character looks like while it’s being designed.

^This will only work if you have a staff equiped. Both screens (attachments) were taken while moving.

Cheers.

Attachments:

Cake Crowley.8375

I can’t attach 2 screens at one post? This screen is from the first steps, the other one from the last.

Attachments:

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

This type of thing has been known for a long time, since beta. And tbh, it’s something that most everyone doesn’t want ‘fixed’ because it’s hilarious and does nothing to anyone at all. It’s just a few mins of that’s funny. All you have to do to get our of it is stop or change direction or put up weapons.

Cake Crowley.8375

It was funny for the first time indeed, but after 100 times it ain’t funny anymore.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Actually you’d be surprised at how many enjoy doing it still. And I guess I am just used to quickly canceling it by a little sidestep via tapping q/e. I understand that some dislike it, but it is also sad to see fun bugs be ‘fixed’.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

but i like floor surfing its fun

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I can’t attach 2 screens at one post? This screen is from the first steps, the other one from the last.

If you preview your post you should be able to add another image. Rinse repeat for the number of images you have.

I like the bug, btw. It’s funny, but also super easy to break if you don’t want to suffer it.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”