Mesmer downed/drowning deception bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LibertyGear.9516

LibertyGear.9516

after using deception while close to some rocks near water, i got blinked under the rocks, and into water, becoming unable to clip back out, cause i didnt had blink.

got some screens as well.

it was funny tho, being able to swim under the land and into the great depths XD

Attachments:

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

Happens to me almost daily with staff #2 “phase retreat” i’ve been clipped into all sorts of geometrical prisons with the skill, underground, under ice, inside a gate door, inside a rock, you name it, i’ve been there.

It used to be “funny” but nowadays it’s more of a nuisance with ~2-3 silver per waypoint tele, it’s becoming expensive..

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah having this same issue as well with Deception underwater.

What is really frustrating, is there was several posts on this during the betas, about how it was bugged. And just searching now for “Deception” brings up several posts again about how it is still bugged.

This was reported in every beta, yet it is still bugged. This is a major issue that still hasn’t been fixed since beta, and it is an extreme disadvantage. Nothing like having a spell that gives instant death, and then to slap you even more in the face, waypoint fees and repair fees. Can only imagine how much it sucks in PvP to have this bug still.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Kael.8960

Kael.8960

It happened once doing a skillpoint as a thief and shadowstepping, so its not really a mesmer bug so much as it is a “do not let people get into non-world areas” bug ^^ however, its still an issue that can only be solved by wasting waypoint money…yup.

“A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it,
bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

It happened once doing a skillpoint as a thief and shadowstepping, so its not really a mesmer bug so much as it is a “do not let people get into non-world areas” bug ^^ however, its still an issue that can only be solved by wasting waypoint money…yup.

It’s not a matter of being teleported to a non-world area, this skill literally locks your character in place. It immobilizes you. You cannot move at all. etc etc.

You cast it, and your character is frozen. You can no longer swim to the surface or do anything else.

It isn’t teleporting you to some non-world area, it is freezing you in place.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Tuks.7532

Tuks.7532

seems like a legit money sink.. move along!

Posted by: Kael.8960

Kael.8960

It’s not a matter of being teleported to a non-world area, this skill literally locks your character in place. It immobilizes you. You cannot move at all. etc etc.

You cast it, and your character is frozen. You can no longer swim to the surface or do anything else.

It isn’t teleporting you to some non-world area, it is freezing you in place.

oh, i was referencing the OP’s part about being stuck under rocks and swimming around ^^

“A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it,
bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Posted by: fiftypercentgrey.7108

fiftypercentgrey.7108

I bugged my last fight in the storyline with this. Twice. :-(
Cant count how often I got stuck somewhere while leveling up. This needs to be fixed