Mesmer skills - clipping under map

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Some of the mesmer ports (possibily for other profs aswell) when used have clipping issues, and you end up under the map swimming around.

This is particularly the case for Staff skill 2 on the mesmer.

Posted by: Takimai.6032

Takimai.6032

I have used a Staff since the start and I am now level 40 and have never came across this issue once :/

Screenshot?

Posted by: Ixliam.7859

Ixliam.7859

I have this problem as well. It happens when you are on a slight incline, and use the button that makes a clone and ports you slightly backwards. If you get in the right spot, you can end up under the map, in a rock/wall, etc.

Posted by: Cute Little Girl.6917

Cute Little Girl.6917

This has been in since beta, I’ve reported it but it doesn’t seem to be a big priority at the moment.

I’d rather have them fix all the events in orr before anything else. Having to wait on anet to restart the servers just for things to work correctly is pretty frustrating.

Posted by: Arbosis.1039

Arbosis.1039

K.
Game Designer, Chile. | http://arbosis.weebly.com/

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

I believe this particular issue is something that we need to fix on a case-by-case basis; in other words, it really helps if you can let us know exactly where you were when this occurred via a video/screenshot. Alternatively, if you bug it with the in-game bug submitter, we’ll automatically get your location and be able to investigate it. Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Sulwyn.4362

Sulwyn.4362

In my experience I’ve always triggered the bug while using Phase Retreat (staff skill 2). The areas in which I’ve been teleported below ground are too numerous to list, really. Pretty much any rocky or wooden surface has me scared to Phase. However, in most cases I can get myself out by using Phase again, but in some cases this is impossible—it’s especially frustrating when you’ve been left in combat and can’t get out of it, leaving you unable to escape via waypoint.

Posted by: Xfraze.1704

Xfraze.1704

Yeah, for me, it’s always been when using phase retreat. Generally it’s around shallow bodies of water. Every time it happens I take a screenshot using the in game bug reporter and submit a ticket.

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

I don’t use the Staff anymore because of this. The travel costs are getting really high.

Posted by: Mortizone.7318

Mortizone.7318

This has been a issue for me as well. One quick fix that works for me (not sure if it will work for any of you, but worth a shot) is having “Blink” in one of your utility slots. If you find yourself clipped through the terrain, simply target your Blink back into the world and you should be able to continue on.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I believe this particular issue is something that we need to fix on a case-by-case basis; in other words, it really helps if you can let us know exactly where you were when this occurred via a video/screenshot. Alternatively, if you bug it with the in-game bug submitter, we’ll automatically get your location and be able to investigate it. Thanks!

cant really, it happens all the time. the skill is on short cd and used pretty much all the time, I’d be submitted tickets every 10mins.

Though I will try when I can. Thing is it usually happens mid combat and yes you can usually fight mobs still whilst under the map, which is why it could possibly be exploited.

(edited by Cameirus.8407)

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

happens to me, but not constantly. I do submit support tickets each time. Two main places is at the bottom of Dark Reverie and in the Ascalonian Tomb. The tomb is particularly troublesome because you can’t swim away to get out of combat.

and all it takes really is /bug subject: tele through ground, body: see pic, click attach screenshot. done.

takes 5s and it’d be totally worth it if it was fixed.

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

I get similar issues when I make little games. Thin models/sprites and quick movements are tricky with collision detection.

I have the issue mainly with mesmer staff skill 2 as well, in the WvW keeps on the sides of the maps with docks I get trapped underneath the dock (simplest fix here would be make the dock model not closed off so i could at least swim out if it happens, or completely solid so there is nowhere inside I could go).

Another place I encountered this issue was AC exploreable mode, in the area where you impale a bunch of mobs on spike traps. Anywhere on that low water area or the ramp up to the trap controls gets me completely out of the map and I can swim forever. (Not a pro at game dev, but wouldn’t that much water cause some lag? Most of it doesn’t seem needed)

I believe I submitted bug reports at both locations.

Posted by: Xiss.9307

Xiss.9307

This actually have happened to me one time, and I was able to get out using the sword skill that make a illusion, giving you the chance to leap to the target, and ignore the terrain. This can be a way to avoid the Waypoint fee if you get this bug way to much.
Also using the teleport skill under the map can let you get in and out.

Posted by: Boggler.7519

Boggler.7519

It is Phase Retreat.
It has to do with the the coding of walls and the map floor.
In concept:
Wall = 0 Where 0 =“You can’t pass through it” –
Phase Retreat = 0+1 Where +1 = “I go where I want because I am a Mesmer”

The issue isn’t on a player by player basis, it has to do with specific map sections that are lacking that variable. I can replicate in the same spot 1,000 times as an example.

I’ve decided to stop doing what I am capable of doing and instead do what I love most.