Mesmer stuck after blinking

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

This has happened three times now. Twice in fractals, once in Tixx’s dungeon.

After blinking or phase retreating, I become stuck in one place and cannot move. Blinking or phase retreating does not fix the issue, simply moves me. To get out of it, after some time that appears to be random, I have to swap to the sword and use Blurred Frenzy.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Megaded.4963

Megaded.4963

This has happened to me on my thief at least 3 times. Twice in Kessex Hills while moving between events and at least once while simply running around lion’s arch, I think it may have been while picking up a snowball. I could move around using Infiltrator’s Arrow, but still stuck. Only way I could find to get unstuck is to exit to character selection and relog.

Posted by: Kaisukii.7809

Kaisukii.7809

This has happened to me also on Mesmer, several times now in fact! Always seems to be when i am fighting someone in WvW or SPvP!

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

This has happened to me 4 times by now when either retreating or blinking. Basically, you are stuck on flat terrain afterwards.

You can still jump, you can still blink around, you just can’t run/walk in any direction… It is like a never ending immobilize, which my opponents in spvp has appreciated greatly so far.

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

Got the same issue on Ele, seems like any skill that teleports you has a chance to get you stuck… big fun while trying to escape a blob in WvW

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

blurred frenzy will get you unstuck for mesmers. i’m not sure about ele’s. the bug looks like a syncing problem between client and server? just my assumptions.

a lighter thief

Posted by: Tsu.1283

Tsu.1283

it happens too when you use scepter in mesmer, the 3 makes you stuck…. annoying thing!

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

it happens on my mes and necro and i think has nothing to do with blink. it happens in deathshroud #2 aswell if i pull myself to a target to freez him/her, ill become stuck, but sometimes i get randomly stuck in the middle of a zerg fight unable to move. some abilities just get me stuck and i am checking for immobilized and all that. im just frosen and cant even dodge.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

This is a global issue happening to all classes. We are investigating this issue and will get a fix in ASAP.

Reports indicate this can happen after leap skills, picking up bundles, or teleporting. If any more reproducible steps come in please add it to this thread and I’ll add it to my report.

Thanks!

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

Posted by: Shadowkiller.6725

Shadowkiller.6725

Thank you powerr! here’s a list of weapons and skills that might work if anyone gets stuck.

Warrior: GreatSword – Whirlwind Attack; 1H Sword – Savage Leap
Guardian: GreatSword – Leap of Faith, Symbol of Wraith; Hammer – Mighty Blow
Ranger: 1H Sword – Serpent’s Strike, Hornet Sting; Shortbow – Quickshot
Engineer: Rifle – Overcharged Shot; Utility – Rocket Boots
Necro: ?
Mesmer: 1H Sword – Blurred Frenzy
Elementalist: ?

a lighter thief

(edited by Shadowkiller.6725)

Posted by: Zord.6457

Zord.6457

Thanks, Tyler!

@Shadowkiller – Burning Retreat doesn’t get you unstuck, it does move you and then you’re rooted in a different place.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in
learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Elementalist – Mist Form (happens to wvw players – when they go out of mist form they’re stuck with no visible condition on them – i know coz i’m tired of telling the them to swap weapon or use emotion or healing skills or chance attunement)

My theories about it:

1.The core of this problem lays with the Immobilize stacking.There is in internal code bug that get looped if you get immobilized and disabled afterwards from certain amount of players and pin you down to your spot forever.

2.It’s broken code related to anti-hacker system for teleporting players and speed hack abusers.

3.Since it got 1st introduced with players getting stuck after interacting with siege build sites – rams to be exact.It’s something related to the way players are limited while interacting with certain things now reflected in skill limitation similar to AoE cap.

(edited by Luna.9640)

Posted by: Tsu.1283

Tsu.1283

Mesmer : Scepter : skill 2 illusionary counter : when ennemy attacks me and the illusion comes it happens to get stuck about 1 time / 3.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

This happened to me as a guardian in WvW and a thief in tPvP in the past two days.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

It has happened to my necro in WvW when using plague.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This is a global issue happening to all classes. We are investigating this issue and will get a fix in ASAP.

Reports indicate this can happen after leap skills, picking up bundles, or teleporting. If any more reproducible steps come in please add it to this thread and I’ll add it to my report.

Thanks!

Happens also after harvesting, and sometimes also just when i stop running and want to move again.

This is also a very old bug that seems to be fixed but in the last weeks again occurs very often.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Not sure if it was Phase Retreat or Blink, but I got stuck in EBG where I could not move and the only thing I could do is waypoint which fixed it.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

Happened to me last night when I waypointed to LA (the central one beside the mystic forge).

The zone loaded and I couldn’t move.

Waypointed somewhere else and was fine to run around again!

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Posted by: Zerothousand.3089

Zerothousand.3089

this seems to happen a lot to me now. I even caught it while streaming.

http://www.twitch.tv/thezerothousand/c/3430846

selan.8354

this seems to happen a lot to me now. I even caught it while streaming.

http://www.twitch.tv/thezerothousand/c/3430846

yeaht thats exactly it. i can phasretreat but still stuck after that, but sometimes i cant even use my attacks. but u can jump and thats it. also autorun seems to have a problem lately. i click it and my character doesnt react at all. then u get frozen in position and cant do anything appart from a few attacks. my guildie managed to unfreeze by putting a postal for me down. otherwise u gotta wp.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Sista.1925

Sista.1925

Started happening to me a number of times on my Mesmer in wvw and spvp. Pretty much as everyone has stated, locked in place, phase retreats moves me but still frozen. I was able to be unstuck in spvp by a guildie attacking me...same with an emeny zerg..but by that point it’s to late.

Baby Sista
Listening to Prince.
IOJ>KAIN>FA….few stops in between and after.

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’ve had some limited success in getting unstuck by doing an emote. Doesn’t seem to always work though.

Reesha.7901

If you can survive long enough to have your weapon swap off cool down, swapping weapons sometimes unstocks you as well.

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

If this helps the mods at all, this FREQUENTLY happens to me in a mesmer vs ele fight. I’m an ele, and it seems to happen a lot after great sword’s number 5 skill, and after I lightning flash after it.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Happens frequently as a Mesmer and it’s annoying as hell, fix asap pls.

Caissech / Falásya

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

Same thing happened to me on my Ele’s Lightning Flash, what’s even worse is that I’m unable to swap weapons as an ele (and Attunement Swap doesn’t work), although a ridiculous bug like this shouldn’t exist anyway.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

please fix it, i hate that bug

Posted by: Liam McColgan.7689

Liam McColgan.7689

OMG thought i was the only one! Yeh scepter 2 buttons and about 30% of the time it makes me stuck.

I can jump, use skills, blink, just not walk.

Anyway just before it was making me rage quit…i found out…

USE AN EMOTE E.G. /SIT or something and it instant unbugs you!

Mesmer – 1250+ Ranked tpvp WINS.
– 7772 games played, 5274 games won.
“Nuke or be Nuked” – Said every mesmer ever

selan.8354

yesterday i was in spvp for a long time and i got stuck 3 times only ones i was able to get out of combat to do the sit emote that helped. also glitched into the terrain twice. the getting stuck is very very annoying as all i can do is stand there blink, but not move at all. any updates on this bug?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Yip yesterday happened after using flesh wurm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI8Py4UaYic

selan.8354

its getting worse and worse and then my blink and phase retreat now have a high chance to glitch me into the terrain or under the map. today i got stuck 3 times again and twice i glitched into the stairs. and saw same happening to another mes. the sit emote helps to get unstuck, but the glitching is almost impossible to get out of.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Lol Sawnec I was there when you blinked into a wall at hills and couldn’t tele because you were in combat. Good times.
/deathtomesmer

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

selan.8354

happened 4 times within the past 2 days…. my guildies are already taking bets how often i get stuck…..i usually beg a necro to deathshroud me to death to get out XD

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Reesha.7901

This is so frustrating. I wonder how long ASAP is going to be.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

In WvW I also get stuck quite often after helping build siege and it transitions from buildsite to the actual siege item.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Ahratan.1098

Ahratan.1098

I also get stuck often when helping to build WvW siege items.

And when changing into (rarely) or out of (much more commonly) transforms on my necro (DS and lich form).

Posted by: Droshi.2730

Droshi.2730

elementalist: teleport and mistform

any class: when building siege in wvw and interrupted

Posted by: cheezwhiz.9517

cheezwhiz.9517

As Droshi mentioned, building siege can cause the same movement issue.

Replication
Start building Siege and fail to spend supply before it’s completed, or be interrupted before spending any supply.

How to Get Out
Swap weapons or forms. Some blinks appear to work too.

Jade Quarry Guardian/Necromancer of [MoG]

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Me and my guildies gets this bug pretty offen after using movement skills. And it is possible to break the bug with another mobility skill.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

selan.8354

As Droshi mentioned, building siege can cause the same movement issue.

Replication
Start building Siege and fail to spend supply before it’s completed, or be interrupted before spending any supply.

How to Get Out
Swap weapons or forms. Some blinks appear to work too.

yeah this one hasnt been fixed for a year, but the new bug is different. swapping weapons wont help. only an emote helps so far. i swapped weapons, blinked, phase retreated used stunbreakers…nothing worked. u will be frozen in place until out of combat and then u can use an emote to get out of it

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Red Monks Wrath.8602

Red Monks Wrath.8602

Awful kittening bug. ANet is such a joke, they patch farming spots within the hour but then take months to fix the real issues. kittening jokes.

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

This happens so often to me on my Static Discharge (rifle) Engineer that I have stopped playing it completely in SPvP until the issue is resolved. It occurs about 70% of the time I use Overcharged Shot. I almost always follow OC with: Utility Goggles, Analyze, Throw Wrench, and Surprise Shot. More often than not, Overcharged Shot imposes an indefinite self-immobilize that cannot be cleared by any means except by using Jump Shot (another extremely buggy skill, but that’s for another topic). PLEASE fix!

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Happens with Lightning Flash and when building siege.

Posted by: Daniel.5463

Daniel.5463

I think there are several different ways to get bugged like this and that it isn’t just one bug! I know 2 ways to get bugged like this:
1. When you build siege and while building someone else finishes it, you get stucked and you’ll need to swap weps to get out of it.
2. If you get stunned and you use a teleport skill which is NO stunbreaker, like Lightning Flash. I’m not sure if it happens with all cc’s or only certain ones like knockdown, never tested it.
I hope this information helps you adressing the issue(s).

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I had read this thread before but I never said anything as it hadn’t happened to me… so far.

Yesterday while in a fighting with Champion Troll at Frostgorge Sound I got stuck in a wall after using Phase Retreat. At some point I was facing it and with my back toward a wall and then, literally in a blink of eyes (yes, I literally blinked and when I saw that it had happened), I got stuck.

The pics show what happened, the surrounds even would vanish depending on the camera angle. The 2nd pic even shows a part of the wall and my mini floating on air, as if trying to go ahead but began to climb up.

I only could get off there using Waypoints, not even Teleport or the own Phase Retreat while facing the opposite direction did the trick. As result… I missed the chest dropped by that mob

Attachments:

(edited by shadow.6174)

Posted by: cacciato.4361

cacciato.4361

This is happening to me on my mesmer continually… at the worst times, of course.

It happens only when I’m fighting, case retreat usually – though it has happened when I wasn’t doing anything, but always where there is combat.

It really stinks to have to relog, reenter queue, re-stack, catch up with your party, or worse, if you’re commanding and have to all of the above.

How about a temp /unstuck command or something until you guys figure out what this is?

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

This is happening to me on my mesmer continually… at the worst times, of course.

It happens only when I’m fighting, case retreat usually – though it has happened when I wasn’t doing anything, but always where there is combat.

It really stinks to have to relog, reenter queue, re-stack, catch up with your party, or worse, if you’re commanding and have to all of the above.

How about a temp /unstuck command or something until you guys figure out what this is?

The command is /dance.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

The command is /dance.

Hmm I see it could help in some cases, like you get stuck in an open area and such. But what if you get stuck inside a wall (as happened to me that i mentioned above)? I wasn’t really “stuck” as I could walk, but I was stuck “into” a walk. I could walk around but I couldn’t go anywhere out of that wall. /dance wasn’t going to help me in that case.

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

The command is /dance.

Hmm I see it could help in some cases, like you get stuck in an open area and such. But what if you get stuck inside a wall (as happened to me that i mentioned above)? I wasn’t really “stuck” as I could walk, but I was stuck “into” a walk. I could walk around but I couldn’t go anywhere out of that wall. /dance wasn’t going to help me in that case.

Well, those are 2 separate bugs. This thread is discussing the bug wherein you get locked and can’t move after a blink. If you actually get stuck inside geometry, that’s a totally different thing. Inside geometry is much more rare, they’ve fixed the majority of those problems. It used to be really really bad at launch.

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

Dropping and building siege I also get rooted to one place.
Swapping weapons releases me but its not ideal.

12/5/14 Legendary