Mesmer summoning Jagged Horrors

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Trey Enma.7851

Trey Enma.7851

From the first day of the most recent patch, I changed from a power based Mesmer build into a condition based build using a Scepter/Torch and a Staff. I’ve 6 Rune of Perplexity on my armor, 1 Superior Sigil of Corruption on my Torch, and a Superior Sigil of Battle on my staff.

Since the day of this patch, I’ve been randomly summoning Necromancer pets alongside my illusions and I have no idea what’s causing this. At first I thought it was the Rune of Perplexity being bugged, but when I ask around map chat about this oddity, I don’t get anyone who has these same experiences. If/When it occurs again, I’ll take a picture and post it, til then, can anyone shed some light on this?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The only way I see Jagged Horrors as being summonable by non-necromancer classes (if it is not a bug) is if you are using the Superior Rune of the Lich runeset.

(1): +25 Vitality
(2): +4% Condition Duration
(3): +50 Vitality
(4): +6% Condition Duration
(5): +90 Vitality
(6): 5% chance to summon a minion on hit. (Cooldown: 60s)

You mentioned that you went to condition based, are you sure you have armor on with the Perplexity set and not an armor set that has the Lich runes on it?

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trey Enma.7851

The only way I see Jagged Horrors as being summonable by non-necromancer classes (if it is not a bug) is if you are using the Superior Rune of the Lich runeset.

(1): +25 Vitality
(2): +4% Condition Duration
(3): +50 Vitality
(4): +6% Condition Duration
(5): +90 Vitality
(6): 5% chance to summon a minion on hit. (Cooldown: 60s)

You mentioned that you went to condition based, are you sure you have armor on with the Perplexity set and not an armor set that has the Lich runes on it?

The armor set that I’d purchased “Khilbron’s Attire” originally did come with Lich Runes, however, I purchased the Runes of Perplexity almost immediately after buying it and set it inside the armor. I’ve had the entire perplexity rune set since before I started fighting with this condition build, so it’s definitely not that. It definitely came to mind before, but I’ve since checked my armor and weapons repeatedly and it still shows 6/6 Perplexity.

Edit: Just for clarification’s sake, here’s proof that I am in fact using 6/6 Perplexity.

Attachments:

(edited by Trey Enma.7851)

StinVec.3621

That is really interesting. I wonder if the bug is that the previous set bonus #6 of the Lich set is still active on the armor despite having been replaced with a Perplexity runeset.

If no other possible cause for this occurrence can be determined, and with this not really being mentioned as being an issue before, this may be a possibility. I may look to test this with other Superior sets to see if other #6 bonuses of runes remain functional after being replaced with another runeset.

I wonder if it has something to do with all of the broken Superior #6 bonuses or the recent work they’ve been doing involving the implementation of the Transmutation Splitter. Perhaps they left a potential hole in code that allows the #6 bonus of runes to remain functional after being replaced as the items not selected during transmutation don’t really go anywhere and are stored for if a transmutation splitter is used later.

Out of curiosity, did you use transmutation stones on the “Khilbron’s Attire” armor set when you acquired it along with applying the Perplexity runes? If so, did you replace the Lich runes with the Perplexity runes manually before transmutation, during transmutation with Perplexity applied on the old gear, or manually apply them after the transmutation? (edit – I see your added pic shows that they are not transmuted, ignore this then)

Other than all this, I’m really out of ideas. It may just be a really weird and obscure bug that they introduced. Hopefully a dev can chime in sometime.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Trey Enma.7851

I’m still waiting for it to occur again, I like to think that I’m a special character who will bridge the gap between Mesmer and Necromancer and create a hybrid class….Mesmomancer. But that’s just an amusing daydream for this semi annoying glitch thing.

StinVec.3621

That’d be pretty cool
Though Mesmomancer makes me think of a Sphygmomanometer.

Some nights I fall asleep working out details on a Chronomancer class, primarily on skill development and the viability of some time-delayed, multi-staged, cross-skill activation animation effects and mechanics without them locking character’s movements for their durations. It’s a trip.

…don’t judge me!
:D

Trey Enma.7851

Here we are. As you can see, I’m alone in the room and both Jagged Horrors belonged to me. I have no idea how I managed to summon them, but there they are.

Attachments:

Trey Enma.7851

Is there any word on this bug yet?

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Hey Trey,

Mesmermancer, the best of both worlds…or something like that.

Anyways, this is in the tracker.

Thanks for the report!

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

Dual classes comfirmed for next release! :P

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

From what I’ve heard, some unrepeatable and unexplainable series of events makes Mesmer clones think they have runesets you used to have.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Hey Trey,

Mesmermancer, the best of both worlds…or something like that.

Anyways, this is in the tracker.

Thanks for the report!

This “style” of bug has been brought before. The one I know for certain is the Superior Rune of Nightmare that comes with the Twilight Arbor armors. So this might be a general issue with any armor that comes with runes attached.

Posted by: Alys Florent.1359

Alys Florent.1359

From what I’ve heard, some unrepeatable and unexplainable series of events makes Mesmer clones think they have runesets you used to have.

This is almost certainly the case. If you had 6/6 Golemancer runes from the CoE set, I believe, your clones can and will summon the golem even if you have another rune set equipped.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

This is almost certainly the case. If you had 6/6 Golemancer runes from the CoE set, I believe, your clones can and will summon the golem even if you have another rune set equipped.

I can verify with the CoE armor. I randomly spawn golems after I put in ruby orbs.

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

There was a discussion about this in the mesmer forums. It has been ongoing for some time now, I remember a friend summoning those things on his mes a while back. Somehow the clones are keeping the 6th armor bonus… in some situations mesmer clones were proccing fear from another rune set.

Josh… if Anet paid more attention to the class forums you guys would know this stuff already…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

StinVec.3621

There was a discussion about this in the mesmer forums. It has been ongoing for some time now, I remember a friend summoning those things on his mes a while back. Somehow the clones are keeping the 6th armor bonus… in some situations mesmer clones were proccing fear from another rune set.

Josh… if Anet paid more attention to the class forums you guys would know this stuff already…

Bugs should not be reported in class forums, that is what this Game Bugs forum is for. It was finally reported in the appropriate forum which is why this issue now is being addressed.