Message Spam Complaint!

Message Spam Complaint!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mors.1874

Mors.1874

I don’t know who come up this bright idea in Arenanet that spam players with this message:

“Equipped item that does not have stats selected …”

If I want to play around without proper setup that is my right. There is no reason flash this idiotic message every 30 seconds! If Arenanet really want to help players setup correctly then highlight the items! This is the most annoying thing I have ever came cross since GW1.

Even if I have such item, is this really the way Arenanet want to inform your customers?

Message Spam Complaint!

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I think I would like to know that my equipment isn’t being as effective than it could be.

Most people would accept the hint, choose a stat (any if they don’t care) and that’s it, no more spam.

Not really a bug btw. Anyway, enjoy the spam and less effective equipment.

Message Spam Complaint!

Mors.1874

I never said it is a bug the Game Bugs forum describe as “Report bugs and issues with Guild Wars 2 software.”

There is right way and wrong way to do thing. Arenanet clearly does it wrong by spam message every 30 seconds.

If I can find the item that Arenanet hint about you think I rather look at the spam message? I checked every items I have on the character for a hour and still no luck!

Again I don’t care about the item that does not have stats selected AND I don’t need to hear it every 30 seconds!

Message Spam Complaint!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Again I don’t care about the item that does not have stats selected AND I don’t need to hear it every 30 seconds!

Ehm, then why don’t you simply destroy all items on your character altogether?

20 level 80s and counting.

Message Spam Complaint!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you double-click every item on the character in question, you will find it. It is probably an underwater weapon or a trinket. You will find the weapon already has some stats from an upgrade, and you are just overlooking the inherent stats.

Good luck.

Message Spam Complaint!

Mors.1874

Clearly Arenanet don’t care about players gaming experience since this message spam being around for months now and forum community is just joke to some

Ehm, then why don’t you simply destroy all items on your character altogether?

I wasn’t looking for help here. I was trying to make a statement:

It is plain WRONG to flash player message every 30 seconds. Doesn’t matter they have item with or without stats!

Thanks Inculpatus cedo anyway!

(edited by Mors.1874)

Message Spam Complaint!

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Clearly Arenanet don’t care about players gaming experience since this message spam being around for months now and forum community is just joke to some
—-
I wasn’t looking for help here. I was trying to make a statement:

It is plain WRONG to flash player message every 30 seconds. Doesn’t matter they have item with or without stats!

We’re trying to make a statement as well: ANet is caring for its players and even knows how many players still don’t have their trait points set, and this is the precise reason why they flash this message: because no one would want to underperform every day of their game because of a single accidentally clicked away reminder.

I’m trying not to be rude, but equipping an item with no stats selected is not only absurd but also harmful to other players in open-world events like Marionette, Wurm and Tequatl. Misquoting your own message, “it is plain WRONG to equip an item which does nothing” (:

20 level 80s and counting.