"Message suppressed due to excessive chat"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Lyger.1826

Lyger.1826

The checking on this seems to be somewhat aggressive. I see the point of it (to stop very irritating spam!) – however, the timer seems off on it at the moment.

I spent quite a few hours attempting the jumping puzzle in Metrica Province. Due to being kind of rubbish at jumping, I fell off alot, occasionally resulting in my death just prior to the teleport to the first gate. Sometimes, waiting for someone to come by up there can take a while – a few minutes. However, people would eventually arrive and kindly res me – and I always thanked them with a ‘thanks!’ in /say chat. However, after about the 5th time of this happening (over the course of half an hour) – I’d have my message surpressed due to excessive chat. Which seems to be rather overboard.

Not a serious bug as such, but I think your chat spam detection formula needs a slight tweak!

Posted by: oli.4786

oli.4786

Yup that seems pretty aggressive, I assume because it was the same message each time. Try and vary your messages and that should stop it I’d imagine. (Thanks, Thankyou, TY, Thx…etc)

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

This happens even if you link the different locations. I was linking places to go in WvW while we are roflcapping the towers and i got restricted to link after 3-4 linking. I made it at least 1min between links.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I have gone 30 minutes without saying anything and then I go to type something and I receive this message. It’s very odd.