Message supressed due to excessive messaging

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

I was trying to send my wife the crafting materials I had farmed up over that last week, which requires about 20-26 mails to her every week.
This time, every third message I get a message telling me that my message had been supressed due to excessive messaging! There is no other way to send her the materials and I don’t craft. I simply don’t find it fun and she loves crafting. To me it takes away a lot of the fun in game so I was fine with the “crafting” in the orginal game.

I filed several ingame bug reports over this issue. Yes, I understant that it is a great tool to fight gold sellers but you are also punishing players. I know I am not the only one in this boat.

Would ANet either provide another way to send materials to another player or set the number of mails to trigger this at something like 30.

Posted by: Thomas Gallant.3851

Thomas Gallant.3851

perhaps increasing the number of stacks of items one cans end in a single mail would help. There is no fee for using the mail, and there is no person-to-person trading, so any large transfer could result in this.

You could also have the counter only apply to mails are are sent to people who are not members of the same guild, and do not have each other on their friends list, (or maybe just friends list, as a compromised account could be used to spam the victim’s guild)

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

I can’t see this as being to fight goldspammers, as they send the same mail to a lot of people, not different mail to the same person. Even one day when I got six spam mails in five minutes, each was from a different sender.

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

this happened to me in wvwvw today – logged off/on and it reset

it was annoying though – in wvwvw we have a tendency to say the same thing many times – get that cat set up … they are zerging SM …

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Posted by: Kendra Nightwind.8734

Kendra Nightwind.8734

I find it hard to believe that there is so little response to this issue. Oh well, I will continue to use the in-game bug reporting feature until this is fixed. This is simply not acceptable – there are even people on riddit complaining about it.