Meteorlogicus bugged

Meteorlogicus bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

While Meteorlogicus is stowed at night, there are merged its effects – you can see the night glowing and also the day glowing, there is a trail, which is much bigger than it was (I suppose its a merged trail from day and night). This is probably comfirmed by the fact that weapon doesnt glow during the day. When you pull out the weapon, the bug is gone, but there is still not trail.

Attachments:

#ELEtism

Meteorlogicus bugged

Posted by: Caitlin.8465

Caitlin.8465

Great screenshots to show exactly what the bugs are. Anet, please sit down and fix your errors. Give us back the daytime glow when stowed and the trail at all times. I’m just amazed that you haven’t done anything yet. Are you really that oblivious to what you’ve done? You botched this beautiful scepter.

Meteorlogicus bugged

Posted by: Syphirr.3512

Syphirr.3512

Great screenshots, though I’m fairly sure that the night-time glow is meant to include the blue glow too. Notice how the blue emanates from the planet, and the yellow from the moon/sun. So what you’d end up with in an unbugged version would be your second picture. (this also explains the blue glow on the planet hilt)

This also explains some of the day-time problems. The blue glow should be there at all times (so you’d see it when stowed) but the bug literally removes it entirely. This would also result in a more intense blue glow when weilded in the day more akin to how the weapon was pre-patch.

The trail… that really should be there all the time, as it always used to be. I actually think the trail is part of the permanent blue glow that’s missing. If this is the case, the bug is really simple – the blue glow is bugged to be invisible.

In summary, the blue glow that should permanently be on is absent except when stowed at night when you first log in. The trail is also absent.

The devs have said it’s in the tracker, supposedly, so we just have to play the waiting game – Though I too would really like some direct acknowledgment that they know exactly what the problem is and they’re gonna do something about it.

(edited by Syphirr.3512)

Meteorlogicus bugged

Posted by: Discomoose.4913

Discomoose.4913

The devs have said it’s in the tracker, supposedly, so we just have to play the waiting game – Though I too would really like some direct acknowledgment that they know exactly what the problem is and they’re gonna do something about it.

You will be waiting a long time before any dev from any MMO explains the particular details of a bug. We’ve been told directly that they know that there is a problem with Meteorlogicus and that they are working on fixing it, which is more acknowledgment then some bugs get. It may be a patch or two yet before we see the fix but we now know one is in the works, which is all they can give us.

Meteorlogicus bugged

Syphirr.3512

So we’ve had a partial fix. I’m pretty happy with the current state, but the weapon still doesn’t glow during the day when stowed.

Meteorlogicus bugged

Posted by: Scar Of The Lotus.5631

Scar Of The Lotus.5631

Unfortunately I think that Meteorlogicus is not intended to glow while it’s sheathed during the daytime, why they’d do this is beyond me. Regarding the bug with Meteorlogicus having both glow effects during the night, it normally happens to me only right after I load into a map and not if I un-equip and re-equip it. The daytime glow will disappear and only the night colors will show if I enter combat or unsheathe the weapon. Also there is a bug with the scepter being wielded on charr. When sheathed, during the day or the night, the footprints while running forward and on all fours do not work properly. Only one footprint is produced, and it is specific to neither of the charr’s paws. It appears inbetween where the two feet landed. The footprints work properly while standing on their hind legs as a human would.. Meteorlogicus is absolutely wonderful aside of these two aspects, I sincerely wish that something was done about them.

Meteorlogicus bugged

Syphirr.3512

Unfortunately I think that Meteorlogicus is not intended to glow while it’s sheathed during the daytime, why they’d do this is beyond me.

This doesn’t make any sense. It used to glow in the daytime before the patch. And it glows at night.. sometimes with the sheathed daytime glow mixed in. So, why the inconsistency?? It’s definitely a bug, and it still needs to be sorted please Anet.