Mind Stab (Gs3) Mesmer animation bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

It looks like the new animation cooldown on Mind Stab causes it to wig out sometimes. Often when I use it, after my mesmer stabs the ground, she immediately appears in the standing position and can’t do anything for a split second, avoiding the animation where she would otherwise pull the sword out. Sometimes the correct animation works, but other times, no dice.

It really breaks the immersion of the skill, since the animation is one of the best parts of it. Hope ANet can look into this!

Aylaine.1036

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’m not sure if this is what you’re referring to, but you can q-step* animations for a lot of moves. If you’re moving while you’re using it, you may accidentally be doing that.

*q-stepping is moving to cancel the animation of a skill after the effect has taken place so you can continue using more skills instead of waiting for the animation to finish.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Aylaine.1036

I dont think that’s it. The patch that was released before I made this thread reduced the after animation time by 0.4 seconds (when your character pulls the sword out) it’s bugging out on that part, going right back to your drawn weapon stance, but for the 1-2 seconds you’re there, you cannot move because the game is still counting that aftercast. It’s simply not showing it.

Posted by: HollyRosee.8420

HollyRosee.8420

Da Sonic is correct. I know this thread is about two years old, but for anyone else who has experienced this or was simply looking up info about it; is it most definitely caused by canceling the skill before it has completely popped. Just tested it myself and sure enough, my mesmer’s stance and also the greatsword was stuck in the position of stabbing it into the ground, as seen in the photo attached

Attachments: