Mini pets that swam b4 today's patch..

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I’m not sure if this has been reported. my search found nothing.

I haven’t tested many of the minis, but b4 the patch today, my mini Zojja could swim now she vanishes when i enter water. My Asuran has Zojja and Mr. Sparkles on her and Mr. Sparkles still swims but Zojja doesn’t.

Please devs, please, return swim ability to all our mini pets, I really miss that. I realise you think it’s lore breaking for some pets to swim, but really it is a nuisance as it stands. It’s kinda strange if our minis are barred from swimming due to lore, when my Mr Sparkles can swim (a golem) but not my little doggie? Dogs generally swim very well in real life so why not in game? This is just a small example.

Anyway, i’ve stopped collecting mini pets due to this issue and will not be getting any more until this is fixed/reversed, which is really sad as I love minis.

Tiger Ashante.1792

Update: Queen Jenna mini don’t swim either. So from this small sample it seems humanoid minis don’t swim any more. I assume this is a bug and not intended, hopefully it will get fixed soon?

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

My Kasmeer still swim. So not all pets were changed.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

Tiger Ashante.1792

My Kasmeer still swim. So not all pets were changed.

Yeah, i just tested Eir mini and she swims but yea queen jenna don’t on the same char so it’s very confusing, as it seems some minis that used to swim now don’t while others still do. I guess it’s for devs to figure out, but to me simplest solution is to let all minis swim, it would save a lot of hassles for devs i think and lot of angst for players who like minis.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Even if they swim like rockfur roccoon they all should be able to swim…

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

I agree, even if they just float behind you. Especially if players are going to use them as a companion for certain bonuses.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Tiger Ashante.1792

I agree, even if they just float behind you. Especially if players are going to use them as a companion for certain bonuses.

What bonuses? Didn’t know minis gave any.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I don’t care if they have a swimming animation or not, I don’t want them disappearing when I go into the water. I use them pretty constantly because they are cute and as a way to tell if I’m lagging. Neither of these reasons are helped by them disappearing.