Minimap shift+click issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bold Coyote.1482

Bold Coyote.1482

As of this patch, I can’t shift+click the minimap with my right shift key. I’m left handed, so I need it there, and there’s no way to remap it as far as I can see.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Still works the same for me. Left for pings and right for drawing.

Bold Coyote.1482

Not the mouse buttons, the shift key on the other side of the keyboard.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There were some changes added in the Options menus. No idea if any were added concerning your issue, but you could check through Options, just in case.

Good luck.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

Left and right shift were separated to match control and alt’s behavior.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, there you go. The Devs probably should have put these changes in the Patch Notes.

Posted by: GroundFrog.4798

GroundFrog.4798

This is a game breaking function for left handed players. We Map/Bind our Game Key’s to the Right Side of the Keyboard. We normally use Cursor Key’s to move around, by taking away the Shift/CTRL/ALT from that side of the keyboard, we are forced to cross our arm in front of us causing discomfort, RSI is not something I want from this game. Please give us the option to change which side of the keyboard we can have those keys active on so we can use them without the discomfort.

Regards,
GroundFrog.

Posted by: Syndic.6198

Syndic.6198

Please give us the option to change which side of the keyboard we can have those keys active on so we can use them without the discomfort..

They did – read more closely what is written above

The keys are separate, and BOTH are usable as controls. You will have to re-pick in the options, but then there will be “right shift key” in it.

The difference is that you can now select “right shift key” or “left shift key”, instead of both acting as the same button.

And I agree, this stuff should be in the change notes.

Khisanth.2948

Please give us the option to change which side of the keyboard we can have those keys active on so we can use them without the discomfort..

The keys are separate, and BOTH are usable as controls. You will have to re-pick in the options, but then there will be “right shift key” in it.

The difference is that you can now select “right shift key” or “left shift key”, instead of both acting as the same button.

These particular actions are not rebindable.

Posted by: Ankhari.9108

Ankhari.9108

Just adding some volume to this issue.

Please either re-enable these commands for both left and right shift, or at least make them bindable. You’re actively hurting a large, and frequently ignored portion of your playerbase with this change.

Bold Coyote.1482

While their functionality has been separated, these aren’t in the options to rebind. If that were the case, I would just move it to a more easily accessible key. Hope it’s fixed soon. I can’t PVP as is.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

left handed player aswell, was forced by my instructor to use right handed grip.

-Everything in this world is made for right handed people, use it this way.

Im glad for that today but hated it back then.

Posted by: Skarzi.3172

Skarzi.3172

As of this patch, I can’t shift+click the minimap with my right shift key. I’m left handed, so I need it there, and there’s no way to remap it as far as I can see.

Same bug here ,
I can’t to ping or draw in the mini map with my right shift key + mouse , but i can with left shift + mouse ….

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is a game breaking function for left handed players.

Um, no. I’m left-handed and it didn’t affect me at all.

I’d prefer it if ANet set it up so we could choose which side of the keyboard worked as a control, which worked as keys and I always prefer that they give us a heads up about changes that affect inputs.

So let’s just say that this a big deal for people who favor using the right-side of the keyboard, regardless of why they might do so.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

We’ll be looking into options to help alleviate these where possible. I cannot guarantee if or when that will happen though, given prioritization of issues…

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

We’ll be looking into options to help alleviate these where possible. I cannot guarantee if or when that will happen though, given prioritization of issues…

Thanks for taking this on as a side project mate, its good for the ones who need it.

Khisanth.2948

GroundFrog.4798

I’d prefer it if ANet set it up so we could choose which side of the keyboard worked as a control, which worked as keys and I always prefer that they give us a heads up about changes that affect inputs.

The option to choose which side of the keyboard would be great as a remap under options without being forced to use some 3rd party program to do so.

maybe “game breaking” was a little direct but that’s how it feels from my side of the keyboard.

Regards,
GroundFrog,

GroundFrog.4798

Just adding some volume to this issue.

Please either re-enable these commands for both left and right shift, or at least make them bindable. You’re actively hurting a large, and frequently ignored portion of your playerbase with this change.

This is what I was trying to convey but can never get the words to come out in the right order.

Regards,
GroundFrog.

Posted by: reaper.4813

reaper.4813

i hope the devs’ll make it bindable or make both shift key usable to ping or draw on the map. its a big problem for me.

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

This was fixed with today’s build. Apologies to those affected.