MinionBugz Fixed! ThankYou Anet!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: WinterWolf.7231

WinterWolf.7231

This goes for the following minions :

• Bone Minion
  • Shadow Fiend
  • Flesh Golem

All of the melee minions tend to lock up while trying to attack a target or when the controller is under attack. Minions tend to do this about 60-80% of the time during use. It does look like register the attack but glitch out to their idle stance over and over. However if the target is close enough to the minion, as in right next to it, it can and will attack until the target gets farther away from them. They don’t seem to have an issue with attacking a tower gate or any other object that can not move.

I know being a Minion-Master is not the most popular thing to use in most areas of the game. I do enjoy playing it regardless of how buggy minions get. However, during the past few months I have seen them get worse. While in WvW borderlands the minions locked up roughly 75% of the time refusing to attack or protect me. Its not just WvW though, it happens off and on in other areas. This has happend in PvP arenas and most PvE maps.

I have looked through the forums for similar topics and none I have seen have been replied to by Anet.

It may be the pathing or the minion AI, i’m not sure but it needs to be looked into.
The more the game updates the worse minions seem to get.

Edit: Still no word on this after a month? Not surprised…

Edit: New issues with the update with the “flesh of the master” trait.
Minions tend to die when switching level areas or when the player is downed.

-Wolf

Well good news, Anet fixed one thing wrong… Minions no longer die when switching level areas.

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

But they still sometimes just stand there and watch you fight and sometimes die without doing anything. I want a mini Llama to fight at my side I’ll even trait it for my mini Bear which is awesome by the way and goes well with my Ranger and Bow :}

Posted by: SoGut.1506

SoGut.1506

ArenaNet fix bug with AI. I’ve been waiting 2 years.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The September patch needs a lot of patching. It was as if the build introduced was an offshoot of an old build that had been modified by a totally different branch of Arenanet or, possibly, subcontractors. Whoever handled the roll-out ought to do some serious thinking.

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Melee minions do work, but only if you let them take their positions before you initiate an attack, which is stupid mechanic indeed…

Not to mention a useless minion master Grandmaster Trait “Necromantic Corruption”.
Since we don’t have enough minions to benefit with the 10% chance and that it’s useless in PvE since mobs rarely use boons anyway…

topic in profession balance, talking about ideas for MM

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

WinterWolf.7231

Still no response from Anet or any improvements to minion AI…

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Will there be any answer to this?
Or am I shouting at the wall…

I’m shouting already against that wall since they broke it with the Marionette patch

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Azarin.3567

Azarin.3567

Good news, left AI correct

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

In my own experience, necrominion AI bugs occur…

Often in WvW,
Sometimes in PvE,
and rarely in PvP.

This leads me to theorize that there is a trend between high player population and the frequency at which AI bugs occur. This could be similar to how spamming AOE damage causes lag.

Posted by: ShadowKain.9410

ShadowKain.9410

I simply wished to add, after skimming through this thread, that this issue has been present ever since beta. Minion AI has always been notoriously bugged and has never been addressed. As much as I hate being the bearer of bad news, especially considering I have played (and will continue to play) Minion Master Necro ever since GW1’s beta, none of you should really expect to receive any attention for this topic. It has been brought up countless times in thread after thread for over two years.

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

Little push from site 8. I think, the enemy player has a unfair benefit from this bug.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I recently came back to the game after a six month break and the minion’s AI has definately been boinked up since then. One of the patches has definately messed something up.

My minions often sit around doing nothing.

Minion AI used to be a real issue early in the game, but the fixed that issue sometime around 1 year ago (yeah, I can’t remember the exact time). After the fix, they worked pretty darn well but not perfect. Good enough not to complain much. Now, it is horrible.

WinterWolf.7231

I recently came back to the game after a six month break and the minion’s AI has definately been boinked up since then. One of the patches has definately messed something up.

Minion AI used to be a real issue early in the game, but the fixed that issue sometime around 1 year ago (yeah, I can’t remember the exact time). After the fix, they worked pretty darn well but not perfect. Good enough not to complain much. Now, it is horrible.

After going back to my necromancer to see if its gotten any better, it has not.
Been playing with the traits and nothing seems to work. ALL the melee minions still bug out and stand there doing nothing. This currently breaks part of the necro and makes minion-master pointless…

Is t even possible to get a response from ANYONE at Anet on this???

Posted by: WinterSnow.7142

WinterSnow.7142

After going back to my necromancer to see if its gotten any better, it has not.
Been playing with the traits and nothing seems to work. ALL the melee minions still bug out and stand there doing nothing. This currently breaks part of the necro and makes minion-master pointless…

Is t even possible to get a response from ANYONE at Anet on this???

this is a problem, did anyone send a ticket in?

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Theyr’e never going to fix it. It’s clearly a deeper problem with managing pathing and 3D geometry. Oh wait, ranger pets work just fine (in all but rare cases). It’s just everything else that’s screwed up. This applies to necro minions and summons of any kind (from eles, from rune effects, ogre pet whistles, everything). Well, summons from players. Stuff summoned by mobs works, probably because they’re just considered and treated as extra mobs which don’t require any additional code.

I’ve asked this before—to deaf ears, of course—but why do ranger pets work fine but nothing else does? It’s apparently a matter of pathing, so why isn’t everything else using the same pathing mechanism/code that ranger pets use? If all these bugged out minions/summons had the same pathing ability that ranger pets have 99% of the complaining about this crap would cease. Guaranteed.

But, as said, they’ll never fix it. If after 2 years—yes, this issue was around even in beta and reported by many, many players—they haven’t bothered with something so widespread in general use and fundamental to a build that they themselves included in the game with clear intent for people to use and enjoy, they will flat out never fix it. This is why they never bother to acknowledge what measures they’re taking against the problem. No plans to fix = no measures needed.

As much as I respect ANet as an entity and likewise the devs, in general who are pretty kitten good at their craft, this particular issue always makes me grind my teeth and makes me temporarily forget all the good stuff around the place. Bottom line: there is simply no excuse for not having corrected this in some fashion by now.

(edited by Kruhljak.2705)

WinterWolf.7231

Still no improvement on the way the minion AI.
Does anyone a Anet even care about this?…

Getting really tired of asking, but if i don’t who will…

WinterWolf.7231

This goes for the following minions :

• Bone Minion
  • Shadow Fiend
  • Flesh Golem

All of the melee minions tend to lock up while trying to attack a target or when the controller is under attack. Minions tend to do this about 60-80% of the time during use. It does look like register the attack but glitch out to their idle stance over and over. However if the target is close enough to the minion, as in right next to it, it can and will attack until the target gets farther away from them. They don’t seem to have an issue with attacking a tower gate or any other object that can not move.

I know being a Minion-Master is not the most popular thing to use in most areas of the game. I do enjoy playing it regardless of how buggy minions get. However, during the past few months I have seen them get worse. While in WvW borderlands the minions locked up roughly 75% of the time refusing to attack or protect me. Its not just WvW though, it happens off and on in other areas. This has happend in PvP arenas and most PvE maps.

I have looked through the forums for similar topics and none I have seen have been replied to by Anet.

It may be the pathing or the minion AI, i’m not sure but it needs to be looked into.
The more the game updates the worse minions seem to get.

Edit: Still no word on this after a month? Not surprised…

Edit: New issues with the update with the “flesh of the master” trait.
Minions tend to die when switching level areas or when the player is downed.

-Wolf

Well good news, Anet fixed one thing wrong… Minions no longer die when switching level areas.

Will we ever get a response out of this?

Edit: Changed the title to something that might get a response, but is still related to the topic.

(edited by WinterWolf.7231)

Posted by: Nocturnal.9584

Nocturnal.9584

Bumping this topic. It’s getting very frustrating using these minion skills and watching them not performing.

WinterWolf.7231

Bumping this topic. It’s getting very frustrating using these minion skills and watching them not performing.

It gets worse with every patch apparently…

WinterWolf.7231

More “evidence” that the AI is messed up.

Posted by: Xianos.4038

Xianos.4038

I’m surprised Anet hasn’t looked into this. I mean it shouldn’t be hard, the ranger’s pets seem to work fine and so do the summoning pets from the runes and sigils, why is it hard to get the necro’s minions to work the same way?

WinterWolf.7231

Little push from site 8. I think, the enemy player has a unfair benefit from this bug.

Is actually true if the skills are bugged so much that they don’t work, makes a huge advantage over the person using minions.

WinterWolf.7231

I’m surprised Anet hasn’t looked into this. I mean it shouldn’t be hard, the ranger’s pets seem to work fine and so do the summoning pets from the runes and sigils, why is it hard to get the necro’s minions to work the same way?

At this point it seems they don’t give a kitten …
Almost tired of asking them about this…

Nocturnal.9584

Yes, the issue effectively breaks a core build of the necromancer and should be looked into.

WinterWolf.7231

Yes, the issue effectively breaks a core build of the necromancer and should be looked into.

I wish it was that simple, but still seems that they do not care to address this issue.
Will do more “testing” tomorrow to see if the recent patches did ANYTHING, highly dout it though…

It would be nice to at least see some interest, from ANET, in the issues MM necromancers have.

WinterWolf.7231

Theyr’e never going to fix it. It’s clearly a deeper problem with managing pathing and 3D geometry. Oh wait, ranger pets work just fine (in all but rare cases). It’s just everything else that’s screwed up. This applies to necro minions and summons of any kind (from eles, from rune effects, ogre pet whistles, everything). Well, summons from players. Stuff summoned by mobs works, probably because they’re just considered and treated as extra mobs which don’t require any additional code.

I’ve asked this before—to deaf ears, of course—but why do ranger pets work fine but nothing else does? It’s apparently a matter of pathing, so why isn’t everything else using the same pathing mechanism/code that ranger pets use? If all these bugged out minions/summons had the same pathing ability that ranger pets have 99% of the complaining about this crap would cease. Guaranteed.

But, as said, they’ll never fix it. If after 2 years—yes, this issue was around even in beta and reported by many, many players—they haven’t bothered with something so widespread in general use and fundamental to a build that they themselves included in the game with clear intent for people to use and enjoy, they will flat out never fix it. This is why they never bother to acknowledge what measures they’re taking against the problem. No plans to fix = no measures needed.

As much as I respect ANet as an entity and likewise the devs, in general who are pretty kitten good at their craft, this particular issue always makes me grind my teeth and makes me temporarily forget all the good stuff around the place. Bottom line: there is simply no excuse for not having corrected this in some fashion by now.

Starting to agree that Anet dose not care about this issue.

Nocturnal.9584

Bump. I was hoping there would be some fixes for Necromancer minion stuck-to-spot behaviour when attacking in the latest huge update but no luck.

Please please look into this.

WinterWolf.7231

Bump. I was hoping there would be some fixes for Necromancer minion stuck-to-spot behaviour when attacking in the latest huge update but no luck.

Please please look into this.

Agreed, tried minions again and to my astonishment they still messed up…

Edit: Would be nice to know if this will be resolved in “Heart of Thorns” or will it still get ignored…

(edited by WinterWolf.7231)

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I tried to use Flesh Golem but he only spectates my fights. I tried to force it to engage, but refuses to. This wasn’t that bad before (the last time I tried Flesh Golem). Seems like the AI is worse now.

Sorry for my english.

WinterWolf.7231

I tried to use Flesh Golem but he only spectates my fights. I tried to force it to engage, but refuses to. This wasn’t that bad before (the last time I tried Flesh Golem). Seems like the AI is worse now.

Minions AI started acting-up (least as I remember) around the time Scarlet showed up.
Then the patches after that progressively made it worse.

Posted by: Mokkey.8234

Mokkey.8234

I play MM in PvP since the last patch,and its been a horrible experience,Minions sometimes just stand there and watch me fight,even when i try to use their skills,they still do nothing but just stand there while the skill is on the recharge.Only minion skills that work every time is Bone fiend and that Healing minion.rarely flesh golems charge.I will try to capture some screenshots of them standing while im in the fight,sometimes when they engage my enemy and if i wish to disengage and run away or switch target,they stay at the enemy they engaged forever.they never switch targets or listen to my commands.i can’t believe how broken they are,and its even more unbelievable how old is this thread and nothing is still done about this.

Nocturnal.9584

Can you change the subject line to something like “Please fix broken Necromancer minion AI” – maybe this is more likely to draw attention to developers.

I’m finding it hard to believe it hasn’t even got recognition yet, even if it was just a passing “Looks complicated, we’re trying to figure it out” under known bugs.

Posted by: jpolier.6925

jpolier.6925

I’m going to “bump” this as well. Minion AI is definitely off. I feel like they attack when they want to. I have to use their secondaries a lot more just to get some use out of them. 7 day since last post but still going on for me.

WinterWolf.7231

These bugs have been fixed a few patches ago, I want to thank ANET for fixing this finally…

Thank you!

I never saw any word that they were working on it… but all is good now that minions actually work.