Missing Armor Skins from Wardrobe

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Darkon Ligator.9342

Darkon Ligator.9342

I was trying to preview the T3 Human Light Armor on the Chronomancer I wanted to play in the Beta, but when I went to my hero panel wardrobe, only the leggings and shoulders were in there, so I also checked my bank wardrobe and found the same thing. I know I purchased most of it, (maybe not the head piece, I don’t remember). I think during the recent updates and with the beta account snap shot…these disappeared. I know I’m not the only this has happened to, there were plenty of replies on my post in Reddit about it. I know all the Devs are working thier butts off making sure that HoT is going to be awesome, but if someone could find a bit of time to look into this that would be awesome as well. Thank you guys for all the hard work.!

Attachments:

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Are these skin unlocks missing on your Beta characters or from your actual account characters?

Without more information I can only speculate. From the information you’ve provided; when you created your Beta Character from BWE1 we took the snapshot of your account then. During BWE2 you used that same snapshot.

This means that all skins that you unlocked between BWE1 and BWE2 will not be available to your Beta Characters.

Posted by: AlphaAndOmega.4256

AlphaAndOmega.4256

I haven’t noticed anything missing myself, but I thought I’d refer anyone who is interested to this reddit thread.

In this thread issues such as “were the skins unlocked on your beta snapshot?” have been discussed.

The consensus is that most of these skins and dyes were unlocked prior to the BWE, in some cases they were unlocked “years” ago.

In addition, people who did not have access to the beta are reporting that skins and dyes have gone missing.

Obviously I can’t confirm this information but it is probably worth investigating.

(edited by AlphaAndOmega.4256)

Darkon Ligator.9342

Are these skin unlocks missing on your Beta characters or from your actual account characters?

Without more information I can only speculate. From the information you’ve provided; when you created your Beta Character from BWE1 we took the snapshot of your account then. During BWE2 you used that same snapshot.

This means that all skins that you unlocked between BWE1 and BWE2 will not be available to your Beta Characters.

The skins are missing from my actual characters, and these are skins I’ve had for at least a year if not 2 years. I only noticed they were missing when I tried to apply the skins to the Chronomancer I created this last weekend. Also, thank you for the quick reply. I know things are busy around there.

Posted by: Arakiel GhostEyes.4598

Arakiel GhostEyes.4598

I’ve also had at least 1 armor skin(priory historical) dissappear from my thief.
As far as I’m aware thats the only 1 however I only noticed it recently and as such can’t provide a narrower time frame that after BWE1.
Though I’m pretty sure it was the armor set I was using during the wardrobe release and even though it was transmuted it did add the priory skin to the wardrobe.

To sum up, the armor skin that vanished was a skin that i hadn’t used in quite a long time and vanished sometime around the HoT BWE1. Hope this helps with solving the issue.

PS: My thief is 3 years old, made him around release date.

Posted by: Branden Gee.2150

Previous

Branden Gee.2150

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Can we start generating a list of potentially lost skin unlocks? I’d like to see if there is some sort of pattern.

Posted by: Graffx.7284

Graffx.7284

I got a Wardrobe bug too I just made a post on. then found this one. I cannot change out the armor set I am stuck in. thought should mention it here too something up with Wardrobe.

Darkon Ligator.9342

So far the skins I know I am missing is 4 of the 6 T3 Human Cultural Light armor as pictured above in the original post. Plus the Heavy Gauntlets from the Ascalonian Catacombs armor. I’ll have to comb through my wardrobe and see if any others are missing.

Posted by: Udyr.9283

Udyr.9283

I checked some skins in my wardrobe after reading the reddit thread. And wouldn’t you know it, the AC heavy leggings were missing, even though I’ve had the Dungeoneer title for months. Wonder what else is missing that I forgot I even had…

Posted by: Twelve Shots.2107

Twelve Shots.2107

On my account wardrobe I am missing the Fires of Balthazar back skin. This is the only skin I have noticed is missing, and is rather irritating as I can’t redo the pvp track to get it again. I have submitted a support ticket.

Darkon Ligator.9342

ANET…We know all of you are busy with HoT, and we are so thankful for the dedication to that……BUT, A little fine tuning is in order, a few people on Quality control would be nice……and wouldn’t send us emails about the original forum posts about the wardrobe system…like we’re chumps. I have played since head start, so I have been through EVERY CHANGE made to the game so far, don’t treat me like I started playing a few months ago: Hence sending me these links in the email response I got:
Article: Introducing the Wardrobe System
Link: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

Article: Wardrobe
Link: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

I enjoy this game, and my personal financial record reflects that (if you’d like to check gem purchases from me in the finance dept of digital river, it will reflect it too) Please do NOT make me lose faith in how all of you conduct business with your Faithful players and fans……Because I’m not the only one dealing with this. Comb back through the update histories……you’ll find the problem.

Thank you again for all the hard work.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I looked through all of my wardrobe and the only two things locked that I knew I once had were the heavy deathly pauldrons & the blue SAB backpack….but those not being unlocked are probably my fault as I likely had reskinned those items sometime before we got the wardrobe.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I can confirm that the “Guild watchmen Boots” skin which I had unlocked from the PvP wardrobe (I had 3 copies 1 in the pvp bank and 2 equipped to characters) is now locked again. May not be the same bug though as I noticed a month ago just never got around to reporting. (100% sure I had this skin, I think it was also the base skin for Medium armor characters who entered pvp?)

There are three other skins that I can’t be 100% sure on but I’m fairly sure I had:
Seraph Sword skin: I’m nearly sure I got this as a story quest reward and kept it until after the wardrobe/got it after the wardrobe, but it’s showing as locked. (95% sure I did)

Droknar’s Short bow/ Recurve Bow: I periodically buy every cheap exotic skin and I have a memory of buying these two but they show up locked, unlike the other two I have no specific proof that I did. (Less sure but about 70% sure)

TL/DR: Guild Watchmen boots and Seraph sword have relocked, Droknar’s Short bow and Recurve bow have possibly relocked.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

Posted by: Sicarine.3985

Sicarine.3985

I can verify that my heavy ac leggings are missing as well, even though I have Dungeoneer. Haven’t had the diligence to check for more. Will edit post as I look up

Posted by: Ryan Diederich

Previous

Ryan Diederich

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Hey, I just downloaded copies of several character/accounts from this thread, and all the skins that you mention as missing appear to be unlocked. I see sorcerer set for Darkon (except for the head), the AC legs for Udyr, and the Balthazar back for Twelve Shots. Seems the data hasn’t been lost at least.

Can you guys double check for me if they show up now that the beta weekend is over? There’s a lot of hiding/unhiding things going on for during beta weekends, so this might be a display bug.

Posted by: Twelve Shots.2107

Twelve Shots.2107

Support sent me the skin last night, so it’s unlocked on my account again. Support seems to be pretty on top of things I have to say.

Edit: When I re-received the skin it made the unlock animation as if I had never had the skin, so I don’t think it was just a display bug.

(edited by Twelve Shots.2107)

Sicarine.3985

nope. Ascalonian Protector Legguards DEFINITELY missing from wardrobe, despite dungeoneer.

I am specifically looking at the locked/unlocked skins from my bank

(edited by Sicarine.3985)

Posted by: Ryan Diederich

Previous

Ryan Diederich

Gameplay Programmer

nope. Ascalonian Protector Legguards DEFINITELY missing from wardrobe, despite dungeoneer.

I am specifically looking at the locked/unlocked skins from my bank

Do you know an approximate timeframe of when you unlocked that skin?

Sicarine.3985

Hard to say. This was months ago. I think AC was the 2nd dungeon I finished unlocking skins for so this must have been either early this year or last year.

I also cannot remember if I unlocked it from the PvP-PvE wardrobe merge, the pvp reward track or with dungeon tokens, unfortunately

Posted by: Garrith.7468

Garrith.7468

I have not noticed skins missing from my wardrobe, but my Black Feather Wing set in my bank has changed into a 2nd White Feather Wing set.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Can we start generating a list of potentially lost skin unlocks? I’d like to see if there is some sort of pattern.

I lost my heavy armor guild boots during the switch to the general locker from the PvP locker – they are NOT the same as banded boots and simply do not appear in the new array. Can we get that fixed?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: ctc.6827

ctc.6827

I lost my Light armour COF helmet for some reason

Posted by: Arus.6718

Arus.6718

Ok this is crazy. I am sure I unlocked all the uncommon dyes way back. Now it says I have the following locked:

Whisper, Aqua Tint, Gunmetal, Pitch, Midnight Fuchsia, Sincerity, Pink Tint, Sunrise Breeze, Mocha, Orange, Wheat, Pine, Tarnish, Avocado, Fern, Chartreuse, Envy, Summer Grass, Sprig, Dewdrop, Violet Breeze, Rich Grape, Irish Blush, Purple Ice, Evening Wine.

All are missing.

For the rares,

Redemption, Evening Grass might have been unlocked…. I don’t remember anymore.

I am too scared to look at the skins. and check what might be missing, I’m tired of this

Look this sort of things shouldn’t happen. It is mutual trust that in these collections of thousands of items you won’t screw us over. Please fix it.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Can you restore my Destroyer Scythe? ;D

(note to self, check wardrobe when you get home tonight)