Missing bag slot with pre-order

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Garithorn.7960

Garithorn.7960

Hello, I pre-ordered the PoF Ultimate edition as well as bought a bag slot from the website at the same time. At this time everything has been added to my account, with the exception of the bag slot.

I figured I may be waiting for the bag slot, as I had to wait for gems, though they have already been added while the bag slot has not. Should I hold out another day or two or go ahead and throw support a ticket about this?

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Black Lion items can sometimes be delayed by having a full inbox – you could try deleting some mail?

Garithorn.7960

I dont think my inbox was full but I went ahead and deleted some mail anyways. Worth a try.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It should be noted that it does not add a bag slot to your account. It should have sent you an item that will add a bag slot to a character upon being consumed.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It should be noted that it does not add a bag slot to your account. It should have sent you an item that will add a bag slot to a character upon being consumed.

OP explained that they made an additional purchase (one of the options that pops up after you’ve chosen the price point for the game).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That would still only give one item that is consumed to add a bag slot to one character. Not sure what point you are trying to make there.

Garithorn.7960

Yes, I understand it is an item that comes in my mail. Considering it is a gemstore item I wasnt sure if there would be an extended wait on receiving it, like there was on the gems themself.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

OP explained that they made an additional purchase (one of the options that pops up after you’ve chosen the price point for the game).

Yeah. Ultimate edition doesn’t include a bag slot (I purchased ultimate, so I know for sure). It does give you a shared inventory slot with the level 80 booster in the slot. The booster can’t be removed and keeps the slot locked until you decide to use the booster, in which case the shared slot becomes available to use freely.

In my experience purchasing bag slots from the gem shop: you get mail immediately upon purchasing it. The mail contains an item you consume on a character of your choice. That is to say, you purchased it directly from the gem shop. If you purchase via the padlock icon in the inventory window, you would have the bag slot unlocked for that character automatically upon accepting the purchase. You would still get mail from the black lion trading company but no item attached to it.

If you purchased a bag slot from the gem shop (not the inventory window) and never received the item, then the best you can do is contact customer support. I’ve never seen a waiting period for gem shop purchases other than the 4k gems from the PoF ultimate edition pre-purchase (which I got 3 days after pre-purchasing).

For PoF ultimate edition, I got everything right away after purchasing, except for the gems.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Just realized: the OP said he/she purchased the CoF ultimate edition and a bag slot “from the website at the same time”.

What “website”? You can’t purchase bag slots, or other gem store items, outside of the gem shop in game, as far as I know. The official GW2 website only has the game for sale.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just realized: the OP said he/she purchased the CoF ultimate edition and a bag slot “from the website at the same time”.

What “website”? You can’t purchase bag slots, or other gem store items, outside of the gem shop in game, as far as I know. The official GW2 website only has the game for sale.

You can buy certain gem store items (including additional bag slots) on the GW2 shop here on the website. When you go to the checkout page to order the game or the expansions, the list of these items you can add to your purchase appears at the bottom of the page.

Garithorn.7960

I am talking about the ‘additional bag slot,’ not the single item shared slot that comes with the expansion. It is separate from the expansion, but I included it in my purchase.

As of now I have received every item included in the pre-order with the exception of the bag slot, and will be opening a support ticket shortly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If your trading post pickup is full/paged, it can also prevent you from receiving mail. You’ll need to empty it first, then relog.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gee, that Living World pack would be unfortunate to buy. It’s always discounted in-game, and even more so right now (unless the sale ended).

As noted above, you might try emptying out your Mail, as well as picking up any items/Gold from the TP. I know it sounds odd, but they are interconnected, and having items/Gold waiting to be picked up from the TP has caused Mail to stall before.

Good luck.