Missing player-sent mail after patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Exceptionl.8972

Exceptionl.8972

Don’t worry guys maybe this is all part of Scarlet’s master plan? Maybe it is Evon taking revenge since we didn’t use enough of our votes properly. No matter what, I’m glad it is being looked into and that we are getting updates regularly to both the forum and our tickets.

Posted by: V Man.8512

V Man.8512

I don’t know if this is related or what, but a couple of days ago 2 of the items in my mailbox (the golem banker and hero’s band that had been in there since forever) got bumped into my inventory when I received a mail from caith or someone regarding some new dungeon I was eligible for.

While it’s better than losing them forever, it’s kind of a bummer to have to now store said banker. It’s not like I had full mailbox either, only 3 items were kept in there since the “purge”…

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I’m curious how our lost items will actually be replaced, if they will be replaced at all. If the mails were overwritten (or erased), replacing them would be similar to the kind of account recovery tool that AFAIK still has yet to be developed/finished, no?

Posted by: Sonia.7910

Sonia.7910

I guess the easier way should be to replace our items (after checking, if they can, that we have actually received and lost them) and try to solve the bug so it doesn’t happen again. I know not much about programming or bug solving, but I suppose retrieving all the erased messages we have reported may be a much more difficult task.

Little lost clumsy thief in Tarnished Coast

Serenity.6149

Received a response from support, but it doesn’t sound promising:

Hello,

We want to thank you for your continued patience while we investigate the situation that impacted your in-game mail. While some players previously tried the suggestion or answered the questions below, we are going to include those things in this response so we can ensure we have everything we need to process a resolution as soon as one becomes available.

First, to make extra sure that your in-game mail is not simply delayed by a full mailbox, please be sure there is space in your mailbox. The mailbox can hold a maximum of 10 mails from players and/or the Gem Store at any specific time. These types of mail are identified by a small envelope graphic. If you delete some of the mails flagged with the envelope graphic, other pending mails will drop down into your inbox. Please note that NPC-sent mails – such as those identified by a star or a heart – will not count against the limit of 10.

Second, please be sure to provide the following information:
• What is the exact name of the item you are missing?
• How many are missing?
• What is the date and time that you received the items? (Please be as exact as you can.)
• What is your time zone?

Our development team is actively working on this issue, and we will be in touch with you as soon as we have an update.

Thank you again for your patience.

I’m not sure how they expect us to remember when we received the missing mail, or the exact names of everything that was attached. I honestly don’t know how to even reply to the support request. It’s not like I was planning on having 12 wallet notifications somehow overwriting my mail and wrote down all that information. I can probably name ONE item with certainty, which is only a small fraction of what I’ve lost, and be guaranteed non-reimbursement of my missing items, or I can guess at the exact items and risk support thinking I’m trying to scam them for more than what I’ve lost. Honestly, I just want this to be over and as if it never happened—to be made whole and get back all that I lost and nothing more. To seemingly place the onus on the player to fix something that was the result of a sloppy game flaw just feels… disappointing, for lack of a better word.

Sonia.7910

Same here. To make things funnier, I received a very similar message (asking when did I receive the items, which items they were and when did I lose them) as a first reply to my ticket so I wonder why they ask again. At least in my case it is quite easy because the dyes were sent and received in the short time I spent logging in my other alts (I logged on them to make space in the inventory for those dyes) and the person who sent them plays in a computer just by my side so he could help me remember the exact name of the items lost, but even so, I’m afraid this won’t be very useful.

I hope to be wrong and that they will really find something and retrieve our items!

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

I suspect that the message sent out was a cut-n-paste job sent to everyone who had logged the issue.

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

Posted by: Red.3572

Red.3572

From GW2 Customer Support:

This message has a replacement item for you (or another character on your account). If the items belong to another character, please log in with that character to accept. Enjoy!

- 1 vial of liquid karma

- 6 drops of liquid karma

Is this a friggin’ joke? Is this how you’ve decided to ‘fix’ the fact that I so painfully obviously bought a second ’Braham’s Heavy Armor Skin’ in your store and received nothing for it? (I’m looking at the purchase history in game myself, right on the first page on the black lion trade broker, and see absolutely nothing for it). A purchase to failed item delivery path that is so easily tracked, that I’ve explained several times already, in several different places, to different people.

What the hell are you people even doing!? It’s been almost 3 weeks! Are you telling me it takes 3 weeks to look at the purchase and usage history of an item that’s account bound and utterly untradeable? 3 weeks?

Yet your support team has failed to even offer up anything more useful than a copy-pasted mail asking for ‘information’. I’ve filled this out. What have you done? Sent me some karma bottles…

Honestly I am utterly disgusted by this behaviour. Your support team is a joke. On what planet do you think this terrible support is even remotely acceptable?

It truly saddens me that the Arena Net support system I used to praise to anyone who would listen, after playing the first game has devolved into this sorry excuse. The apple has literally been ‘booted’ away from the tree so far it’s lineage is completely unrecognisable…

Sonia.7910

That sounds like the karma replacement they’ve sent to the players who used their karma after they disabled the boost? Because I think the rest of us have received nothing.

applecup.3047

Yeah I had a few karma items through but that’s related to the karma comsumable snafu. I haven’t heard anything more about this issue, sadly.

Sonia.7910

Any news? It’s been 4 days without updates in this thread, and honestly, after people received extra karma just because they complained, and the ones whose mini watchknight had disappeared got them back, I have the feeling we’re being the neglected ones. Specially since this problem is older than theirs, and I wonder if tracking erased messages and gem store purchases is really that harder than tracking who has spent karma or who has lost their watchknight.

Posted by: Danny Tsui.7840

Danny Tsui.7840

I have lost those mails that contain infinite Logging axe and harvesting sickle from the gem store. I had been waiting an answer for this because I want to know if they could get back the items I have purchased. Do I need to buy them again now that they reintroduced them on the gem store ?

So far I have sent my message to all directions without any response from anyone in Anet regarding this issue.

Danny Tsui
Physically located in Sydney Australia
Virtually located in Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Eruanga.1892

Eruanga.1892

I’m not sure what missing but both mails with braham’s mace and shield are gone from my mail…

(edited by Eruanga.1892)

Posted by: Red.3572

Red.3572

After what feels like an absolute age, Arena Net support finally refunded me the Gems used to make the failed purchase so I could re-buy the item.

I’m still pretty annoyed by how long such a simple thing took to sort out, but at least they got around to it eventually.

applecup.3047

Yeah, I had a mail through with my missing item (it was a game item, the endless toymaker’s tonic, rather than a gem store thing) this evening. I guess I’m just grateful to Anet for getting it sorted, even if it did take a while! (and I hope everyone else in this thread got their things replaced as well)

Sonia.7910

Lucky ones!

I just received a reply asking me (for the very third time) which dyes had I lost. I hope that means they’re going to replace them but so far no messages for me. I hope it is just a matter of time.

Anyway congratulations! At least some of you are getting it solved and that’s definitely good news!

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

Taps fingers on desk Still waiting on a reply for my support. They have not talked on the support for 22 days now.

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

HALLO! Updates on this topic! My bf lost whole love letters I sent him! Including a mini dredge and some other mats. It’s been 16 days on the last reply. A bit long isn’t it?

Posted by: Eddy.7924

Eddy.7924

Cough Come on… this is ridiculous

Posted by: Exceptionl.8972

Exceptionl.8972

So here comes an update again. later today I would like to see that my mailbox is in tact! You are right about the support team being a joke though. In personal emails each time I respond it is as if a new person takes on my case and starts again from day 1. I’d really like to use these gems I have but it’s tough to support a team that has such a poor support team. the backdate of karma didn’t bother me honestly. It was pretty poorly translated though Karma is not currency I care about very much, that extra 10% or whatever we get from boosts feels insignificant and this issue has been quiet. Nothing on a fix in the future. There must be a way to look at mail we had pre-patch, and just return all those mails to the database or something. they wouldn’t need to resend them like they did with the birthday gifts… but just fix the error for those who lost items being sent.

Sonia.7910

Another update and another bunch of bugs to keep them busy and distracted from this issue. :/

I still have not received a reply about my dyes, and after a month, I’m losing my hope…

Sonia.7910

No news? Has anyone else got their items back?

Eddy.7924

Excuse me But an update on this is well overdue?

Binary Rain.4869

So, Gaile Gray stated that this was a priority for them. Now, is this priority for just fixing the bug and not refunding us? It seems to me that the bug itself does not need that much fixing, things just need to be more thought out in the future of how they handle these messages to players.

It is going on a month since support has last responded to me…. Maybe they are taking it in priority order of who reported/responded first? Still, if they are working on other people first, it would be good to know. Really tired of waiting.

I am not trying to make this sound like a threat at all, but I might have been willing to spend money on the miniatures and other odds and ends in the store if this bug either didn’t happen, or was resolved quickly. Frankly, you lost my support for in game items now. That goes second for my girlfriend, and others who read these kind of things in the forums. Also word spreads pretty fast, and others might not be inclined to purchase in game things either. In essence, this is a cascading effect…the longer you let this issue lie, the more money you lose.

Eddy.7924

Agreed with the post above.

Binary Rain.4869

Ah, they are finally getting back to me now. Has everyone else been refunded?

Sonia.7910

No news here. Didn’t get my dyes nor anything in exchange. Not even another reply asking me what I lost in my ticket (it would be the fourth time they ask but at least that showed some interest).

Maybe I should write a long angry complain like yours? I’ve been encouraging all my friends to purchase the game and play it but if each new update means new bugs and lost items aren’t replaced, I’m not sure I don’t want them to waste their money in it.
I know my items weren’t expensive gem items or rare legendary in game weapons, but it was hard to find those dyes and moreover, I’m really bothered that they were lost in the small frame of time I took to log into another character to make room for them. I had not even used the mail as storage system, I had just received them minutes ago.

Anyway, this is getting me very upset. And I’m not willing to let this thread buried and forgotten because of that.

Serenity.6149

I receive a response every 7-14 days, but the responses are frankly a little disappointing considering the fault was entirely on their end (I mean seriously, who would expect that logging in on every toon so the wallet can fully update would result in your entire mail being wiped?). It seems as though if you spent money in the gem store, you’ll probably get your gems back. If the items you lost were not gem store items, you’re probably SOL unless you kept updated records of what was in your mail.

Like Sonia, there probably wasn’t anything too important lost (though since I do a lot of market flipping, it is possible I lost something valuable without realizing it), so it’s more their inability to recover gracefully from the situation that is disheartening. The last MMO I played, even if it was player error, they were really good about restoring lost items. The only time anyone I knew did not receive sufficient compensation was when an account was compromised and the account holder did not notice until over a year later. and they STILL offered a generic compensation package. It wasn’t anywhere close to what was lost, but at least it was something. Here, I feel like we need to jump through hoops for something that was completely on them. I’m not going to threaten to quit, but I would be lying if I said my desire to recommend this game to others hasn’t diminished because of this and the many other issues with the game.

Posted by: Threepsie.3248

Threepsie.3248

Same here. Lost a few mails with random lvl 76-80 yellow loot in it. Support is unable to retrieve these items due to them “needing a specific list of items you believe are missing”. That question popped up in a ticket after nearly a month! (-;

I was able to provide them with a pretty accurate timeframe and information about the person who returned me my mail, but apparently that’s not good enough.

Anyhow, it’s a game and it’s just virtual stuff that has no actual value! As such, I would like to express my thanks to the CS team for their friendliness and willingness to look into it and do understand that there is a need to provide this information (otherwise everyone can claim to have lost a random item). But I still remain slightly disappointed that they were not able to help me further even with the accurate details provided.

Thumbs up! (-:

Posted by: FallenEmpire.2751

FallenEmpire.2751

After several weeks of radio silence, I have been refunded the majority of my missing items.

I originally lost a Kite, some gold, and several rare dyes.
The Kite and gold were restored; for the missing rare dyes, however, i received dye packs (the gemstore packs) as replacements instead. While I’m unlikely to get any rares out of them, it’s a minor loss compared to getting my other items back, so I’m happy.

I expect they will be making additional refunds in the coming days if they haven’t gotten around to yours yet. I advise being patient! They seem to be under a lot of pressure, and they’re clearly working on the problem, so I doubt sending additional emails is necessary.

Eddy.7924

Still nothing here unfortunately.

Sonia.7910

Well the same day I wrote my previous angry reply I received my dyes on the game mail. Only the dyes, not the other items lost, but well, the dyes are the ones I really wanted to recover. Not sure what to think. Maybe they’re actually replacing everybody’s items, or maybe you still need to be loud and complain about it and not let the thread die. Just don’t give up.

Eddy.7924

Still nothing … excuse me but this thread is months old. Why hasn’t this been addressed and rectified? Ridiculous … seriously, I would like my 26 lots of mail with 5 items in each back please.

Eddy.7924

Update: Top programmers are looking at this, and this is a priority for us. I’m sorry for the delay, but wanted you to be sure to know it’s definitely known, and definitely being examined and worked on!

… orly?

“Posted about a month ago”

I hope they don’t take this long on all their projects…