Mist Form

Mist Form

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Reincarnated.1754

Reincarnated.1754

I thought i was suposed to be able to escape using Mist Form?

when in WvW I am unable to move in Mist Form when attacked by some skills

Mist Form

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

a really annoying bug, it happens to me when a huge zerk attacks me and for some reason I cannot move in mist form. Not sure what causes this, probably the entanglement or some sort of rooting skill.

Mist Form

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

You’ve been immobilized, that’s all. Mist form doesn’t cure conditions, and lots of people just spam immobilize on elementalists that go down so they can’t get away after activating Mist Form. Inconvenient for us, but it’s fair.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Mist Form

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

not really, we turn into gas, yet vines manage to restrict us, we should be immune to that.

Mist Form

ExTribble.7108

not really, we turn into gas, yet vines manage to restrict us, we should be immune to that.

It’s just an animation. Don’t forget balance issues are involved.

Mist Form

Reincarnated.1754

You’ve been immobilized, that’s all. Mist form doesn’t cure conditions, and lots of people just spam immobilize on elementalists that go down so they can’t get away after activating Mist Form. Inconvenient for us, but it’s fair.

Mist should be mist, does same immobilize work on thieves?

Mist Form

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

First, you are talking about Vapor Form and not Mist Form.

Second, as ExTribble said, this is not a bug. You are still affected by conditions when downed, but sadly you can’t see which one are on you until you enter Vapor Form.

Third, thieves use a teleport skill when in downed state. All teleport skills are not affected by immobilize since you are not actually moving.

Feel free to bring your concerns to the suggestion forums. Remember however that balance and game mechanics always come before “realism” or however you want to call it.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Mist Form

ExTribble.7108

No, because they have a teleport skill, not a transform (like) skill granting you the ability to move. Teleport skills work while immobilized. Not sure if that was a serious question…

Plus, that skill is more useless than vapor form. At least with vapor form if you’re lucky enough to not get immobilized, you can get back into a keep/tower safely. No other class can do that :P

Edit: Urp, confused the two. Fixed Mist Form → Vapor Form. At least we know what we’re talking about lol.

Mist Form

Reincarnated.1754

First, you are talking about Vapor Form and not Mist Form.

Second, as ExTribble said, this is not a bug. You are still affected by conditions when downed, but sadly you can’t see which one are on you until you enter Vapor Form.

Third, thieves use a teleport skill when in downed state. All teleport skills are not affected by immobilize since you are not actually moving.

Feel free to bring your concerns to the suggestion forums. Remember however that balance and game mechanics always come before “realism” or however you want to call it.

I was thinking of balance when i asked the question, It seams every time there is an update, the elementalist/staff can do less and less, some ppl cant play any other charector