Molten Alliance Mining Pick Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Was underwater in Orr trying to harvest a Mithril vein with my Molten Alliance Mining Pick when I was attacked. I used my Elementalist Elite skill WHIRLPOOL to finish off my attacker. I returned to mining the Mithril before I came out of my Whirlpool, and wound up with ruined ore chunks. I tested this scenario again with the same result.

I didn’t have an Orichalcum Pick to test, so maybe this is normal for all harvesting to be unsuccessful if transformed? Or is it a bug with the Molten Alliance tool?

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Reidir.6391

Reidir.6391

I was just mining mithril vein underwater and also got ruined ore chunks and i was NOT transformed (playing a thief). I think sometimes i even get ruined ore chunks on land, not only underwater.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

Don’t all mining picks have a chance to fail? I use ori picks and end up with ruined chunks sometimes (even on iron and gold). This typically will happen when I’m trying to mine while in combat. Btw, I think the molten pick is an ori pick equivalent, just unlimited.

Posted by: Rafiee.2935

Rafiee.2935

I’ve seen other people talk about ruined ore chunks and I don’t get it. I’ve mined since headstart and never gotten a ruined chunk unless i forgot to switch to an ori pick for that ore. I’ve never gotten a ruined chunk with my molten pick, but that’s relatively new. I’ve mined in combat before and everything and still never had the issue

http://feverclan.com/forums/forum.html
LvL 80 Ranger on Sea of Sorrow’s
Fever Clan[FC] Guild Leader

Posted by: Kantankerus.6081

Kantankerus.6081

If you are in combat there is a chance for ruined mats. It seems like you have to be in combat for a bit or have conditions on you, I haven’t been able to accurately reproduce the exact circumstances. I think it’s an anti-bot measure. I now am careful to clear out areas around nodes and I haven’t had a single ruined mat since.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

this is not a molten alliance mining pick bug but a well known gathering tool bug.
When ever you use a gathering tool while in combat there is a bug that very rare can hit you that results in ruined orr, ruined plant fibers or ruined logs.

To make sure you don’t hit this bug make sure you are out of combat

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I wish this was only an in-combat bug… I’ve had it happen out of combat with ori picks, axes, and sickles I’ve had coper fail with an iron pick even, gold fail with an ori pick, logs and plants too! Not even in the level 80 zones… Once per day something gets ruined on me. My ori nodes fail a lot too. And I’ve had ruined elder logs and orrian truffles as well as ghost peppers… Bah

I think I just have a very high probability of bad luck in-game lol…. I wish I could say that is a joke, but between terrible drop rates and ruined mats, I am always fighting an uphill battle of trying to gain anything… It’s gotten a smidge better since the last update that involved drop rates and guaranteed rare chests for world bosses, but still lower than my friends and other players I converse with… I always get the “you’re doing it wrong” comment with nothing to back it up. How do you mine a node wrong?! (out of combat how do you open a chest wrong? (consistently get lvl 76-78 rares and barely any exotics)

Oh well, not the place for this. The molten pick is still an awesome idea!!!!!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’ve never seen this happen outside of being in combat mode and it seems to happen primarily to ori ore; I’ve never seen it happen to mithril ore and only occasionally with ancient wood. That might be because I am not willing to fight a lot of mobs or risk death over basic ore/wood, but I will try to rush to get ori/ancient nodes.

It happens more often in Orr I think because when temples are contested, you can be suffering an environmental effect, which puts you into combat mode.

It also happens more often with autoattack on.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Chiuna.2538

Chiuna.2538

Just harvested from a rich mithril node using the molten alliance pick. Not only did the special lava font animation not play but 2 of the 10 ores I got were ruined. The animation played normally and the pick worked fine on the Ori node I’d gotten just before. I’m glad it bugged on the mithril one at least.