Molten Furnace Save Spot fix -> Boss Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ashlee.8409

Ashlee.8409

Caused by the Save Spot fix (at the fence -> fence was moved forward), the boss spawnes in the fence and is invulnerable. Cant kill him, cant progress.
Pls test stuff after fixing -.-

Only Solution i can imagine: direct Mesmer Focus pull (before he goes invulnerable, maybe some1 can try?), because mesmer pull cant be obstructed.

(edited by Ashlee.8409)

Posted by: Harrimur.7425

Harrimur.7425

Yep can confirm that. It looks like no one ever tested it before released to be honest -.-

Posted by: Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

There’s a fix scheduled for this but it is too early for a “soon”… Need another week before another round of “soon” starts going out.

Ashlee.8409

so 1week+ no fractals, gg.

Posted by: was.4152

was.4152

Only Solution i can imagine: direct Mesmer Focus pull (before he goes invulnerable, maybe some1 can try?), because mesmer pull cant be obstructed.

Mesmer pull doesn’t work as well.

Could you test what you are doing ? At least once?

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

Wasn’t the safespot only used for the flame tornados?
The flame tornados that can be avoided in like 50 or 100 spots?

Cool.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

If that was living story the patch would be in an hour. Are you certain this doesn’t have higher priority than you might believe?

Posted by: Aldarn.4650

Aldarn.4650

There’s a fix scheduled for this but it is too early for a “soon”… Need another week before another round of “soon” starts going out.

This is an awful response. The bug completely prevents progress in fractals and isn’t avoidable. We just had to do a the first fractal 3 times to do our 50 because the 2nd fractal was Molten Facility each time. This answer basically says don’t do fractals for at least a week probably more. If this was a living story release it’d probably have been fixed within a day.

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

So the fix for now is to not play fractals? If it takes a week to solve this at least remove the fractal from the rotation.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

This is ridiculous…

Hexagonis [HeX]

(edited by Gruocs.3412)

Posted by: Valentine.9732

Valentine.9732

This is an awful response. The bug completely prevents progress in fractals and isn’t avoidable. We just had to do a the first fractal 3 times to do our 50 because the 2nd fractal was Molten Facility each time. This answer basically says don’t do fractals for at least a week probably more. If this was a living story release it’d probably have been fixed within a day.

Completely agree. Fractals already isn’t in a good place and this response confirms that saying ‘devs don’t care about fractals’ isn’t a baseless remark. Not just no fix for a whole week, making fractals unplayable, but not even a plan for a fix.

Burger – [Sx]

Posted by: ggliff.8903

ggliff.8903

We do fracs anyway, put up with the stupid rng and poor rewards, but now a change isn’t even tested properly and no chance of a quick fix.

Remember how awesome fracs were going to be? How they were going to redefine difficult end game content……

Can’t even be bothered to test or fix. TYVM.

Posted by: Nick.7259

Nick.7259

I am in shock that Anet makes changes to a dungeon and not even test it ONCE before release.

And the fix will at least take a week? Seriously?!

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Guys stop flaming about it. Sure it sucks but instead of just being negative about it, give them ideas of things they can do to fix it. You really think they are going to listen to you when your always so negative and outright mean to them? Sure more communication would be nice and I feel like we get ignored more than the rest of the community but they are human and they still deserve respect and some form of decency.

TO ANET: Since this is going to take a week or more, can you please revert this change at the very least until you can fix it properly. Spending hours of our game time to play content which cannot be completed for the possible reward of a Fractal Skin (the only reason we do fractals) is completely absurd. Out of 3 fractal attempts today we got Molten all 3 times which we had to abandon and start over. If nothing else, remove Molten from the rotation until this is fixed. I understand you dis-like those who exploit it by “safe spotting” and you have the right to fix it when you wish and I encourage it. However, another week of people taking advantage of it isn’t going to hurt anything it’s already been like this for well over a year.

(edited by Titanimite.2534)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is pretty much the exact case where a hotfix is warranted. This is a completely progress-blocking issue, and needs to be resolved ASAP and not next week.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

The bug I mention that is scheduled for a future fix is a similar but different issue in this fractal. They look nearly identical though.

This current problem is being looked at, actually has since this thread popped up.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Sure it sucks but instead of just being negative about it, give them ideas of things they can do to fix it.

Well its not our job to make fixes but ok. Move boss spawn 1 meter closer to the center of the room.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Is this the treatment we can expect in HoT for challenging group content? Please let us know, so we can give you feedback with our wallets!

I already voted by stopping doing daily fractals – the last thing that felt CHALLENGING and fulfilling in GW2 – and ignoring the endless SW/DT zerg grind, now for beta keys. Now I have more reasons not to play the game.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

The bug I mention that is scheduled for a future fix is a similar but different issue in this fractal. They look nearly identical though.

This current problem is being looked at, actually has since this thread popped up.

How do you manage to bug something like this

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I know they don’t care about dungeons and fractals, but this is just ridiculous. Still waiting on that lupi fix.

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

I’m sorry, but what bug did you mention? Did you watch the youtube link? I honestly can’t think of any other bug by watching this video, since it is all focussed on the ‘stuck’ champ being invuln.

How can this slip the test-fase? Sick and tired of these “fixes”.

I hope its not being looked at the same way its being ‘fixed’, because then we will need another patch ‘soon’.

Posted by: Quothrone.8615

Quothrone.8615

The only thing that looks nearly identical is dev team and indian freelancers.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Honestly why did they even “fix” that safe spot. Its not like the flame thingies were hard to avoid, it just gave a nice break from having to constantly move around.

Well rip fractals even further, bad rewards now impossible to get!

Posted by: Quothrone.8615

Quothrone.8615

Funny thing they didn’t even consider changing the end chest of this fractal which is still old dungeon chest since it doesn’t “favor” players.

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Funny thing they didn’t even consider changing the end chest of this fractal which is still old dungeon chest since it doesn’t “favor” players.

They’ll probably change that when they revamp the rewards for all the fractals, something maybe our granchildren might get to see…

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Have faith guys. They know now that this issue is blocking, and are working as best they can to get the fix to you guys ASAP. Remember that issues like this can sometimes manifest themselves differently in Live compared to Dev environments, and may not be exactly the same in both. That’s how issues like this slip through the cracks.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: gloeckle.5149

gloeckle.5149

seriously! this cant take that long to fix!

Posted by: melin skyland.7563

melin skyland.7563

You can still kill the boss, not that hard to do, but not doable on all profesions.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Insta fix - please disable this fractal choice in the rotation?

This hopefully can be a better hot fix and allow fractals to progress - it’s the only "hard" content left in the game tbh.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

Next

Insta fix – please disable this fractal choice in the rotation?

This hopefully can be a better hot fix and allow fractals to progress – it’s the only “hard” content left in the game tbh.

This fractal has been disabled and we are testing the fix for this fractal for hotfix.

Ashlee.8409

Insta fix – please disable this fractal choice in the rotation?

This hopefully can be a better hot fix and allow fractals to progress – it’s the only “hard” content left in the game tbh.

This fractal has been disabled and we are testing the fix for this fractal for hotfix.

Thanks!! I would like you to disable bugged fractals more often (e.g. while the Cliffside Hammer despawned and we couldnt progress it wasnt remove from the rotation)

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Thank you for the fix.. I understand it may be new functionality that is now allowing you to disable an individual fractal from a rotation.

Good qudos anet for implementing something like this !

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Previous

Lauren Kamieniecki.6245

QA Lead

New build with 100% more Molten Fractal and 100% less invulnerable in the build that was just announced. Make sure you take the new build, old build will still be active for an hour like normal, so you don’t get stuck in old build’s version of this fractal.