Molten alliance pick - ruined ore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

800 gem mining pick and I still get occasional ruined ore chunks from mithril? Is this intended?

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

No it is a bug but a known one. If you are attacked when mining you have a small change to trigger this bug where you get ruined Ore’s. This has nothing to do with the molten alliance pick but happens to all picks and other gathering tools.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Yes, mining in combat has always a small chance of giving ruined stuff.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Under certain circumstances, your character will still be attacking while mining. If it happens that your attack animation is showing at the moment the game checks for the type of pick, you get ruined ore.

For some reason, I’ve seen this more frequently with Ori mining, even though I mine a lot more mithril, e.g. I’ve only seen it once while mining one of the rich mithril ores located in combat-heavy parts of Orr.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

I had this happen to me yesterday, but mining a silver node in Diessa Plateau. I was not in combat and neither was my pet (am rocking a ranger).

The only trigger around me was my husband who was mining the node with a normal ori pick at the same time.

In order to offset the prevalence ruined ores, can these not be changed to be salvageable on a low % success rate? Would be nice to get an ore every one in ten instead of stuff all selling it as junk.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I never ever get ruined materials as a Ranger, even when being attacked.

The only time is when I use the wrong tool for the material.

If I had paid (Real cash or gold) for the pick and was getting ruined ore I would be well annoyed.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.