Monthly Achievement - EXP without Dying

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TheMrYesac.9240

TheMrYesac.9240

Q:

For my Monthly Achievement where you have to gain so much XP without dying, it stopped progressing after I signed off.

I made it to around 65,000 XP last night and logged off. Today when I logged back in, I was going to continue working on it, but noticed that it stopped at ~65,240. I didn’t die. I just turned the game off for the night. Anyone else having this problem?

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

I’m not sure if they fixed this or not but I had to do the entire 100,000 in the same zone. I couldn’t log out. I couldn’t move to a different map. I had to rush to avoid a build update.

Posted by: Hidaian.7382

Hidaian.7382

I have been stuck at the same spot in my achievement for days. It doesn’t matter if i log, die, zone. Nothings works and its really upsettings !!!

Posted by: Ken.6218

Ken.6218

I’ve been having the same problem, spent hours getting it up to 50,000 and then i zoned and it reset. This needs fixing plox

Posted by: NatSL.5819

NatSL.5819

I’ve been having the same issue, it happened 3 times it stopped at around 72k for me, logged off and when I logged back in it stopped. It also happened after a personal story cutscene and another time after zoning.

It’s getting really frustrating.

Posted by: Klim.9430

Klim.9430

I had similar issues. Copying over my information from my other post…

Seems bugged for me, though at least one of my friends has gotten it to work with no problems. I’ve gained 3-4 levels through PvE questing/events and the progress won’t update on the hero panel. It hangs at 56,151 / 75,000 exp without death, when I am currently level 58, with 79,800 total exp to get to level 59. If I do not die throughout the entire level, shouldn’t I get to the next tier of the achievement? I’ve tried PvE, crafting, WvW events (despite the risk!) and none of them seemed to work. I don’t like having to avoid death this much (I’m a “Lets jump off this cliff and see if we make it” kind of guy), so this achievement is getting to be a bit of a bother.

The progress I’ve gotten so far (56,151 exp) seems random. I’ve had the notification pop onto my screen that I’ve achieved a new tier for this achievement (making me think that it’s fixed), and then I will check my exp value progress in the hero panel’s achievement tab. I go out and kill a few more things (without dying), check the progress’s number again and it’ll be the same. It’s as if the achievement isn’t updating as often as it should for me…and depending on how long I last without dying, perhaps the next time it tries to update, I’ve already bitten the dust and lost that progress.

Beats me. But it’s pretty annoying.

Posted by: NatSL.5819

NatSL.5819

(I’m a “Lets jump off this cliff and see if we make it” kind of guy), so this achievement is getting to be a bit of a bother.

Yeah, I have the exact same feeling about it, I’d like to go play WvW, getting a little more careless but I just can’t complete the achievement, it randomly resets.

Posted by: Rodriguez.7682

Rodriguez.7682

I got this achievement last night through crafting (quite easily, I might add).

Just bulk up on crafting supplies and go nuts, it only took me half an hour getting my jewelcrafting from 190ish to 230ish (honestly can’t remember the range). The important thing is to do it all in one go without switching zones or going to the overflow.

It is an annoying bug, definately, but at least there’s this workaround. Hope it helps!

Posted by: Roque.5380

Roque.5380

I have everything done except for the XP streak. I got to 67k last night, and ran out of quests, completed the map, and I went to the next zone only to find out my XP streak has been reset Such BS. I spent hours last night working that much XP up and now i have to do it again.

they need to fix this. it’s really frustrating.

Edit: I stayed in one zone and got this done last night. Event after event and quest after quest. But it’s done. thank god.. honestly, 21 gold coins, 2 silver and 1200 xp wasn’t even worth it lol

(edited by Roque.5380)

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

Crafting! Discover recipes, youll be done with it in 15 minutes I had the same “lets jump off this” mentality and took forever until i finally did that lol

Posted by: cannedwolf.5273

cannedwolf.5273

93500 and I moved on to the next zone. It stopped counting (came here to try to figure out why). This is a little disappointing and very frustrating.

Posted by: Zero Tears.1475

Zero Tears.1475

yeah just got done with AC got 99,600 xp came out had 99,758 for my achievement needed is 100,000 xp and will not go up from 99,758

Posted by: xAlexBx.3651

xAlexBx.3651

My experience bar doesn’t progress. I KNOW for sure that I’ve gotten a lot more than 100k xp in one single life. (been hunting this achievement for a looong time now)

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

The wiki says progress is reset when you die (not when you go down, as in you can use your downed abilities, but when it says “You are defeated”), when you change zones, or when you log out. Yeah, it sucks, but you’re going to have to do a marathon session. I got the achievement by starting a new zone and fully exploring it. Crafting works too, if you’ve got the mats.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo