Monthly Survivor Achievement Broken

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Syrele.6897

Syrele.6897

Hello, last night I achieved the Monthly Survivor Achievement (100k exp w/o dying) but the game did not recognize that I did, and reward me. I know I did this, because I completed the entireties of levels 50 & 51 without dying. (This is approximately 110k exp) yet it still says I have only gathered 54,000 experience without dying. I completed this achievement on the character “Ambra Wells” on the server “Henge of Den’ravi”

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

The Monthly Survivor Achievement will reset if you log off, change zones or in some cases travel to a distant waypoint in the same zone in addition to dying.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: garethedwards.8145

garethedwards.8145

To make it simple… if you see a loading screen it will reset.

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

Yes, but thats not always the case as traveling to close waypoints may not reset it. If you are going for this Achievement just assume that seeing the loading screen counts as a death. This is listed as a bug on the guild wars 2 wiki, but because it does not block progress for the achievement I don’t expect a solution anytime soon as any bug that blocks progress or negitivly affects players will be a priority.

I have gotten around this issue by crafting, as well as doing dynamic events coupled with the daily achievement.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: ExiaStar.3792

ExiaStar.3792

Syrele i have had the same problem i crafted and got a whole lvl and a half and mine hasn’t moved from 28,000 ish and one lvl is about 35000 so i am just going to say it is broken but some people are saying they have done the monthly 2 to 3 times. so i don’t know what to think

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

Now that it has been reported, might I suggest trying to complete a dungeon? Most give over 100k experience when you finish it (So it won’t matter how many times you die trying to finish), and maybe that will fix it?

Posted by: Syrele.6897

Syrele.6897

It updated today to 64,000 experience, which is still far off from what I am at.

Posted by: Charm.6085

Charm.6085

So it resets if you go to a different zone..? How is that even fair? Why the hell would they make it so if you go to a different zone, the (in my case) 70k exp I just gained got reset to 0? I thought it only reset if you died.. that’s utterly absurb and kitten beyond all reason. It’s hard enough getting that experience from multiple zones when you’re (in my case) only level 40, let alone only being able to get it from a single zone. I’m going to go punch a hole in my wall now, goodbye forums. Q_Q

Posted by: Birdman.7352

Birdman.7352

I’m having the same problem. I’ve gone about 75,000 exp without even going into “downed” mode and it hasn’t gotten past 52,964 xp in the achievements, which I’ve had for about a week. It’s ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Same here, mine won’t reset. It is stuck at 92,415. I’ve had this happen last month as well.

Posted by: garethedwards.8145

garethedwards.8145

I think I need to say that slowler

To make it simpleā€¦

if you see a loading screen it will reset.

It doesn’t always reset, but it is better to safe than sorry.
This is a known bug and everyone is having to work around it.

Gather all the mats possible and craft. Don’t waypoint, don’t zone and don’t log out.

Suck it up, the reward isn’t some magical epicness.
Simple transmute stones, less silver than daily and some XP.

Posted by: Xelonir.5921

Xelonir.5921

Gather all the mats possible and craft. Don’t waypoint, don’t zone and don’t log out.

And pray that you don’t get a network disconnect in the process.

This is a known bug and everyone is having to work around it.

But nobody should have to work around it. After all we are talking about a monthly achievement, an achievement you are supposed to be able to finish in the course of a month (so even casual players can get it, and not only those who can spend 3+ hours every day to gather resources for a 100k XP crafting session).

How difficult can it be to have a simple number counter variable which is stored with all the other permanent character data and which is only reset when you enter defeated state or the monthly is reset?

IMO the best way to deal with this would be if ANet removed the Survivor part from the monthly until they fix it, and credit all those who have obtained everything else with the appropriate reward.

Posted by: AnotherJaggens.1396

AnotherJaggens.1396

IMO the best way to deal with this would be if ANet removed the Survivor part from the monthly until they fix it, and credit all those who have obtained everything else with the appropriate reward.

May I add that whole idea of this achievement is pretty stupid, because higher level you are – easier it is to complete. I’m getting more than 100k exp just by doing daily on level 80. Instead, it could be replaced with some helpful stuff – maybe an achievement for reviving 50-100 unique players.