Monthly Survivor Achievement Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: thumbfu.9048

thumbfu.9048

Yeah i’ve found that basically if you move to another zone, use a waypoint, log out or get disconnected it resets. So i stayed in one zone tonight to get the achievement, got 70k XP then got DC’d and lost all the progress, this needs fixing.

Posted by: Karew.2169

Karew.2169

This is intended. Disconnecting, changing map (like going back to town, other area), and dying (but not just going into downed) all reset the progress. Using waypoints that lie on the same map is fine.

You have to get 100,000 experience in ONE GO IN THE SAME ZONE.

I suggest crafting, events, or finding mobs that haven’t died in a while.

(edited by Karew.2169)

Posted by: Selona.3489

Selona.3489

Same here. Stuck at 76k for days…
Some news would be great on these

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

This is intended. Disconnecting, changing map (like going back to town, other area), and dying (but not just going into downed) all reset the progress. Using waypoints that lie on the same map is fine.

You have to get 100,000 experience in ONE GO IN THE SAME ZONE.

I suggest crafting, events, or finding mobs that haven’t died in a while.

I do not believe it is intended – it is a bug. The Survivor title is supposed to be “xp gained without defeat” – and travelling to another zone, or logging out for the night is not being defeated. Based on previous iterations of Survivor in GW1, there is no logical reason for anything other than defeat counting to reset the title – it’s ALWAYS been about xp without death (originally xp gained without a single death, more recently just xp gained since last death).

That said, at the moment the achievement is currently bugged, and it will reset:

• When you rezone (including moving from an overflow to the home world for the same zone)
  • When you log out
  • When you enter an instance
  • (Sometimes) When you use a waypoint
  • When you are defeated

Only the last of those 5 things should be resetting the Survivor achievement. When it resets, the counter stops at the previous highest-level of achievement until you pass it again – so if it’s showing 65,000/75,000 the counter will only start showing your current progress increasing once you’ve passed 65,000 xp without reset. It’s still counting in the background, but due to zoning/logging/etc keeps getting reset before you reach the previous best of 65k.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

(edited by Melana.8345)

Posted by: WarPigs.8561

WarPigs.8561

Reset at 98,661 after I zoned. Didn’t think It would matter to zone or log and was surprised to find the opposite. This can’t be working as intended?

Posted by: Oddyseus.1468

Oddyseus.1468

can someone look into this? its very frustrating

Posted by: emrfish.7153

emrfish.7153

I was about 8000 xp away from it when the announcement went up that the game had to be restart for a new update. Forced to leave game and the bug killed my progress that I worked so hard on.

Posted by: Blitz.3627

Blitz.3627

Arenanet:

Some players’ monthly achievements didn’t correctly reset on September 1 at 00:00 GMT. To allow those players to collect the next monthly reward, we will reset the monthly achievement of any player who is already at 100% for the month as of tomorrow night’s update.

The issue of the bugged monthly survivor title which seems to be affecting a lot of players should be fixed BEFORE the monthly achievements are reset.
If the bug remains then those affected will be further penalised compared to those who have already been able to achieve the 100K requirement – some (few?) players have already successfully completed the monthly achievements twice.

Posted by: muppemannen.4382

muppemannen.4382

Same problem here, first I went 4 levels without dying and it was stuck at 20somethingk. Then I managed to get it to 46k, went to town to craft and what do you know it reset.
Gah this bug is brutaly annoying.

Posted by: Thorskin.4218

Thorskin.4218

A word from the DEVs would be appreciated. We need at least to know WHEN it will be fixed.
And it would be nice to have a display of the current progress in the title when you start over. You get the max progress but if you die you don’t know how much XP you got since your last death.

Posted by: pinto.2816

pinto.2816

stuck at 99,862/100,000kittenthis is annoying.. fix this please!

Posted by: Dalaen.1954

Dalaen.1954

Hi,

My “Lifetime Survivor” achievement, in the subcategory “Hero” is blocked at 0 / 200,000 XP without dying.
I made today my whole level 78 and 79 crafting, which is around 400,000 XP.
I also made the monthly achievement with 100,000 XP (this one isn’t blocked and working).
And of course, I didn’t die doing that.

Please fix this absurd bug, and let me go further in the Survivor Title. The best would be a fix that consider how far I got without dying (so I don’t have to do it all again) of course.

Best regards,

Posted by: Miggs.5962

Miggs.5962

Same goes for my achievement. Hopefully they could fix this asap.

Posted by: Treize.4615

Treize.4615

I had checked my monthly achievements and found that my survivor wasn’t updating, at first I thought that I must have died recently (which btw shouldn’t it specify downed or defeated? I thought there wasn’t a “death” state) so I went about my business trying very hard to do anything stupid. After gaining 2 levels without going into defeated state I checked and it was still displaying the same 32,727 value. I thought that perhaps its akin to the original survivor title and that if you die without achieving it you cannot gain it that month.

Then I checked last night to discover it was at 66k and change. I ran to the nearest mob, killed it, and saw that my progress has increased. I did this once more to make sure I wasn’t crazy.

Then I decided I should go somewhere where the mobs weren’t 5 levels above me (to be safer) and I figured I would also farm some crafting mats at the same time. I waypointed to an area only to have my client crash (does this about 4-5 times a play session, sometimes while loading into an area and sometimes in combat with mobs etc).

I logged back in, killed some mobs, and found that it is not progressing anymore. I did not die, and I have no way of knowing which way it is messed up out of the following options:

A) it is tracking my progress but not updating in the UI (I don’t think so because I would have reached the next tier and I haven’t got a notification about it)

B) it reset me back to zero as though I had died

This is game breaking for me because I want to get the monthly achievements but I don’t know if I will actually be able to get this achievement completed.

Also why doesn’t /deaths show accumulated xp since death anymore? That would help me diagnose this problem.

Posted by: Ossus.9231

Ossus.9231

What I have found is typically, they respond quickly to the bugs they know how to fix, and ignore the ones they don’t know how to fix until they figure it out. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything on this until they are ready or very close to rolling out a fix.

Posted by: WhyKlef.7126

WhyKlef.7126

I had the same problem… I am now stuck @ 91k. WTF!!! I worked mykitten off for that 100k. It’s no fair!

Edit I forgot to mention, I zoned having finished 100% of the map I was on. All that lost for 9k… Seriouslykitten right now.

Posted by: uoda.6418

uoda.6418

I think the Devs should just remove the exp survivor from the monthly achievement. Every time I got close to 90k of exp I end up dcing and lost all the progress. This is completely BS. Not everyone has the time to play continuously without logging off or have no connection issue.

Posted by: Pawlegance.7012

Pawlegance.7012

I am stuck at 99k, because I switched to another character. Now I feel robbed, because getting 100k at level 44 is a chore. The survivor title is obviously bugged, but it is also badly designed, because of two things. First, players going for survivor will stay back and not go in to rezz people at a difficult encounter. Second, due to level scaling and crafting getting survivor is by far easier to do on higher level. At level 80 it takes about 10-20 minutes. At level 44 about 4 hours.

Currently it rewards players for not doing what you are supposed to do: play the game your way and playing social. For these reasons I’d replace survivor with two social achievements. I recommend replacing survivor with two title tracks: rezz a number of unique players and rezz a number of unique npcs. Both are not farmable and not tied to your level.

(edited by Pawlegance.7012)

Posted by: prodiii.4925

prodiii.4925

I was yesterday at 78k and lost internet connection for like 30min. When i came back i found out the achievement progress is restarted. Sorry for using such hard words but the way the achievement works right now is the mostkitten thing in the game now that drives me crazy mad each time i lost the progress.
I also reported this as a bug yesterday because the only thing written about the achievement being lost is DEATH. Nothing more about logging out, using waypoint, changing zones, game restarts caused by update etc etc.

Posted by: migu.3597

migu.3597

Hi!
The only thing I find is odd is that so many people have already reported this (even myself I’ve received a response on a ticket) but in here we don’t see any response…
If they cared enough to try to fix the problem with the reset, why don’t they at least acknowledge that the problem exists and give us an ETA on the solution?
People will continue to get frustrated when not knowing there is a problem, getting to 70k or 90k and seeing the progress reset…
Please fix this ASAP.
Thanks!

Posted by: jinsei.5178

jinsei.5178

Survivor is an important aspect of the game to me. Very Important actually… To see it so bugged makes me sad and I do not feel much like playing actually. After all we all play in our own ways en enjoy different things. Survivor is totally my thing.

My first try it got stuck at 22k. I redid it again after completing all the other August things and reached 100k I was so happy I finished ! … but I never got a reward… Some of my friends did and it makes me said I can’t say I got the first monthly reward (because WOW that month was freaking short and I made it, wich made me feel awesome)

Now it said September and nothing actually reset. So I retried survivor (because I absolutely love it!) and I made it to 26k THE BAR WAS MOVING YAY! Then to 30k something and I disconected form the game… It freaking wont move again now and it pissing me off !

On top of that all the lvl 80 jerks are saying I should lvl my chara first and then go for survivor… Hell they dont know low lvl survivor is way more awesome to achieve…

Then someone told me that he/she actually had to get 25k first then an ADITIONAL 50k… making it 75k…. then an aditional 75k and 100k making his or her survivor a total of 250k exp! and he/she got a reward…

Now that is totally weird and I thought I was being trolled…

wtf is going on x.x I’m so confused !

Note to Self: Be Nyappy!

jinsei.5178

The survivor title is obviously bugged, but it is also badly designed, because of two things. First, players going for survivor will stay back and not go in to rezz people at a difficult encounter. Second, due to level scaling and crafting getting survivor is by far easier to do on higher level. At level 80 it takes about 10-20 minutes. At level 44 about 4 hours.

Currently it rewards players for not doing what you are supposed to do: play the game your way and playing social. For these reasons I’d replace survivor with two social achievements. I recommend replacing survivor with two title tracks: rezz a number of unique players and rezz a number of unique npcs. Both are not farmable and not tied to your level.

Lifetime survivor should stay I think … if it finally worked, but yeah in the monthly it is totally unfair…
I get crap from lvl 80 players all the time… I don’t even wanna be lvl 80 in a day like they did … screw that… that is not how I play :/
I love survivor but maybe in monthly it is not a great idea. Ressing ppl on the other hand would sound awesome. I love doing that aswell ! I already have the 1000 max! I want to be motivated to do even more! Great idea ! (but do count npc’s to because yeah for survivor it is not always great to res ppl in the heat of battle haha)

Posted by: melyndru.1270

melyndru.1270

I was going along happily, and the game disconnected me. No more xp in. Please look at this.. it is so horribly frustrating!

Posted by: GothamHunter.8935

GothamHunter.8935

Another one for this bug.

Posted by: Missywink.7162

Missywink.7162

I have been stuck at 81k now, It didn’t reset at start of Sept so I cant now complete my monthly achievement. What worries me even more is this post on the Wiki Page:-

ArenaNet:

Tonight’s Update:
- Will add the ability to report in-game mail.
- Will reset monthly achievements for players who have been stuck at 100%, to help those whose achievements didn’t reset correctly on September 1. (Note that daily achievements reset each day at 00:00 GMT and monthly achievements reset on the first of each month at 00:00 GMT.)
-Will include fixes for various blocked events and skill challenges.

So does that mean that as I have not reached 100% due to Survivor bug that I will yet again not get my Monthly achievement ?

Posted by: Ossus.9231

Ossus.9231

I just logged in. The month changed from August to September, but it is still bugged and stuck on the EXP requirement.

So no fix.

Posted by: Klaud.4193

Klaud.4193

I managed to get my monthly survivor without too much trouble (reset once at 57k) but my lifetime survivor is still stuck at 0.

Posted by: sTorMy.1475

sTorMy.1475

Hopefully this is getting fixed soon.
It’s nearly imposible to achieve it at lvl 40 without playing a very long session in one zone… -.-

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

I had checked my monthly achievements and found that my survivor wasn’t updating, at first I thought that I must have died recently (which btw shouldn’t it specify downed or defeated? I thought there wasn’t a “death” state) so I went about my business trying very hard to do anything stupid.

Also why doesn’t /deaths show accumulated xp since death anymore? That would help me diagnose this problem.

This…….

I hadn’t been defeated at all, tho I had gone to the downedstate and my title reset…..

I think ANet need to have a serious look at this title problem and reword it if it is MEANT to reset if you go into DOWNEDSTATE, tho they must realise that NO-ONE who is after it will go into a dangerous situation to get it….. Instead all they will do is craft towards it……. which is NOT a Survivor Title…… Then it becomes a craft title……

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

Posted by: Liope.2948

Liope.2948

Yes, mine is stuck at 22 225 for ages now , so I can’t do the monthly. (Edit: apparently I got it wrong , the monthly achievement bar doesn’t show progression, it moves only when one gets to the next ’’checkpoint’’ ) . So , I guess is just me being really bad at not dying.

(edited by Liope.2948)

Posted by: melyndru.1270

melyndru.1270

bump, because it’s still an issue and an extremely frustrating one for people trying to do it.

Missywink.7162

So, those people who were at 100% managed to get there monthly achievement due to a forced reset. However those of us that cannot get our monthly achievement due to the survivor bug have been over looked ?

This isnt exactly fair on us AN. I have been stuck at 81,694 now since the first week of the game. So mine bugged out in August. Yet it still has not reset going into September. Can we please get an official response to this issue please as it is VERY frustrating.

Missywink.7162

I feel this deserves a shameless Bump

Posted by: Razorback.4386

Razorback.4386

Same story here, bugged and definitely should have been moving by now. Reading 36,356 exp and I’ve leveled through rank 44 and 60% of rank 45 (accumulated total of roughly 65K exp so far)

Posted by: Morriok Rigger.3516

Morriok Rigger.3516

I just did some crafting, got to 53k xp and was going to do more when I’m back, went offline and now I come online, did some more crafting and it stays at 53k xp. Really fix this I want my monthly achievement reward :/

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Guys even if you complete the XP requirement for the monthly achievement chances are you won’t be able to get 50 kills in WvWvW because of performance issues that are still making WvWvW unplayable. Even on high end machines frame rate in WvWvW often drops to one digit values which is basically unplayable.

I decided to give GW2 a one month time-out in order to avoid further frustration given that there are still tons of bugs. I just hope I’ll find the game in a generally better shape once I come back.

Posted by: kelborno.6321

kelborno.6321

Please fix Bug or provide update that you it is on your list of to do.

Experience counter should not reset every time:
• you rezone or change maps
•you log out
•you enter an instance
•you use a waypoint

Thank you

Posted by: Cotosh.4862

Cotosh.4862

will the /death command be implemented?

It is already /deaths with an s :p

/deaths on GW1 tracked how much exp you’ve earned since your last death. It would simply correct the “stuck” bug on August monthly (survivor).

What i think it’s happening is that this achievement shows the max exp earned with no deaths in an unique map for the whole toon’s life. So i think it’s not bugged, just misunderstood.

Anyway i completed August’s monthly, got no reward and it did not reset to September’s one. Would be glad to hear something from AN.

Posted by: Leon Zawodowiec.4978

Leon Zawodowiec.4978

I sutcked at 80k.. I should have about 120k without death… >.<
(I got disconnected).

Posted by: Yarin.7982

Yarin.7982

i got stuck at 96k. I demand fix. This is totally outrageous. I dedicated myself to get this achievment, i worked hard and in the end game just laughted into my face for this effort. And as i see, im not the only one

Posted by: Hyperionkhv.1978

Hyperionkhv.1978

Rezone just killed my counter x_x

Even if one likes games, there’s a limit…

Firebird Gomer.9563

To Be Honest…..

It is annoying but sometimes we humans go to far in how we want things and we want them now…… It will get fixed, it will get sorted, it will get repaired…. So please keep it nice and friendly in here……. Raging never solves the problem….. If you look at the fact that so many bugs have been fixed and quickly shows that Anet listen and want their game to be a success…….. If any of you played Aion for even a short period of time you should recognize that there are games out there that take YEARS to even come close to fixing problems and then they still can’t get basic balancing issues right….. And here is Anet choppng the list of problems down in WEEKS……. To the person who can’t get his 50 kills in WvWvW I did it and I live in Aust so my Ping is anywhere from 300 to 800…… So really I’m sure you can do it…..

I will add tho that this post does need to be bumped to make sure that the developers do see it and look into it……………

And I really have to add again, one of the main things with this title that concerns me and needs to be addressed is that it should not have crafting as a way to do the title as again it is not a crafting title it is a survivor title which means fighting…………

jinsei.5178

I managed to get survivor (finally with crafting a bunch of crap… did not really feel like surviving but okay lol) and now my september monthly has been reset.

Now I can do september like anyone else and pretend that I finished my August one. However the whole rezoning / dc-ing making it reset is still annoying !

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

I signal that I’m blocked too with the monthly and lifetime survivor.
Counter stopped at 42.032 at the 2nd tier. And gaining exp without being defeated or crafting don’t count.
I’m in EU FoW Server.

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

Posted by: Genreninja.8516

Genreninja.8516

I’m stuck too, I didn’t know you couldn’t zone or use a waypoint…

I guess I’ll be dedicating a weekend to a single zone in an attempt to still get the achievement despite this little flaw.

As annoying as it may be, it’s not entirely game breaking. The achievements are supposed to be challenging and it adds a bit of a challenge. Be a good sport and do it the hard way Then when they fix it, you can sit back in your guild and tell newbs. “Back in my day, we had to get ALL the exp in 1 zone! in 1 play session, with NO waypoints!” lol

I hope this gets looked into though. It’s a bit misleading to think the only way it resets is death, when it fact, that isn’t the case.

Firebird Gomer.9563

Developers…… PLEASE put some kind of comment out about seeing this bug about Monthly Survivor and the permanent Survivor Title….. ALSO you need to make it that CRAFTING does not contribute to it as it is then not a survivor title…..

PLEASE show that you have read this bug report………

Posted by: Spider.5347

Spider.5347

Bump. This is getting beyond a joke. Seriously Anet, please can you just acknowledge you are looking into this! We know it will take time to fix and we’ll deal with that i’m sure. But just have the decency to acknowledge the issue and tell us you’re working on it!

In the meantime…its got to the point that i really don’t want to play any of my chars too much as i feel my achievements aren’t being rewarded. Some people have managed to get the monthly award – good for them. but a lot of us don’t have the time to grind that out…and i thought one of the huge points about this game was to try and remove the grind….on this…so far. fail.

Posted by: Quicksilver.9026

Quicksilver.9026

Please can this be fixed I am trying to complete my monthly achievements, and the survivor is the only one i have left to get but the bar has been stuck since it jumped from 80 to 91k and I haven’t died yet and levelled up twice since the 91k!

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Really just a simple official “yes we confirm it, its a bug” or “no its intended behavior” would suffice. Its hard to believe that there is no official statement on this potential issue for so such a long time. Please? Pretty please??

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Ok Septembers creeping on and I’m concerned. I’ve been stuck for about 10 days now. A fix before the month ends would be appreciated!