Monthly Survivor Achievement Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ossus.9231

Ossus.9231

I had it reset on me without dying, leaving the zone, going to instance, logging off, or even teleporting. I Am stuck at ~94,000k with no way to increase.

Posted by: ratatonga.9468

ratatonga.9468

i had 94.808 exp and logged out. the next day i got into the game the exp didnt rise further but started at 0 again. maybe it got resetet with a new build of gw2?

also the lifetime survivor isnt working and stays at 0 exp.

regards

Posted by: RuneClaw.7321

RuneClaw.7321

I did a post about this myself: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Survivor-achievement/first#post3979

You may not log out, leave the zone (not even leaving the overflow server) or as far as we can tell, even use a waypoint within the zone itself. So there are a few of us that should have the achievement, but didn’t know about this annoying bug and did like you, logged out or explored new zones.

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

Yup. Lost mine at 35k a few days back, and even after gaining 80k+ in one session/zone the achievement still reads 35k.

Posted by: junkyArd josh.7962

junkyArd josh.7962

best bet is to farm crafting materials and at a higher level. start crafting. i got mine at level 72 by crafting. i gained two levels doing so.

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

It currently seems to reset when you:

• Rezone (including moving between overflow and home world for the same zone)
  • Exit the game
  • Enter an instance
  • (Sometimes) Use a waypoint

It’s supposed to only reset when you are defeated.

Current way to get the monthly is to earn all 100,000xp while remaining in the same zone without waypointing…which is easiest to do by crafting. You’ll likely need to swap between multiple crafts to get there.

Edit: Crafting at level 35, I had to gain 4 character levels and get between 70-140 in 6 crafts I think to actually get to 100,000 xp from crafting. So if you’re not seeing it change from getting one craft to 100…you possibly just haven’t done enough yet to pass your previously obtained survivor xp value. Crafting at higher levels will not need as much I believe, since the craft xp seems to be a proportion of the xp needed for your current level rather than a fixed amount.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

(edited by Melana.8345)

Posted by: Twinkiman.2610

Twinkiman.2610

I have encountered this problem too. I can’t even get past tier 1.

Hopefully this gets fixed in a couple days so I can get it by the end of the month.

Posted by: Ossus.9231

Ossus.9231

Mine is so bugged that after getting two levels from crafting 51-52 and raising 100 levels in crafting in a single hour, it still did not move.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

I experienced this myself I was at 69,874 / 75,000 when I finished a zone and moved to the next and noticed it had stopped moving. after a while I said fuggit and stopped being careful and died facing several high level mobs but it was frustrating

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

both monthly and life time survivor achievement are bugged.

my warrior leveled to level 44 (died 2 times at level 44 T_T) without dying once and both achievement were not completed.

Posted by: zeeto.8027

zeeto.8027

Any ETA on fixing this? I am also have this issue at 93k/100k

Posted by: Cassa.2047

Cassa.2047

Yes, same issue here… please fix..

Posted by: MoLoToV.7345

MoLoToV.7345

So yesterday i wanted to complete the monthly achievements, i had 33.730 exp without dieing. So i thought lets contineau tomorrow. I teleported to black citadel city to store my items, and now i’ve logged on and went back to a fighting area it acted like i died. I need to start over again? I clearly did not die. is this a bug or something?

Posted by: Psyonic.1807

Psyonic.1807

I had this happen to me three times. I finally got flustered enough about it to mention it in map chat and was told by a kind individual that it is a known bug. The work around is to get all 100,000 points in the same zone. If you zone out of the zone you started working on this achievement in it resets your progress. Hopefully they fix this soon but in the meantime that is your work around it seems. I checked to make sure and sure enough was able to complete it by remaining in the same zone.

Posted by: gavinclark.3685

gavinclark.3685

I managed to get to 86k in one sitting but had to quit. Gutted to find out that it doesn’t carry on.

Posted by: Roija.1429

Roija.1429

Once you hit level 80, this achievement is very, very easy to get.

One the contrary, it is also really easy to get if you are around level 40-50 and do cooking. You will very quickly get the 100k.

Other than those two, yes it is bugged, if you log out or switch zones. So I would suggest trying the cooking method if you are dying to get it.

Posted by: b rad.5190

b rad.5190

I’m sure there’s a lot of people experiencing this.

Got just above the first teir 25k, ported to a town to empty my bags and what not, ported back to continue questing and my XP was stuck in the place it was before I ported, even though I hadn’t died. Please fix this!

Posted by: Throrgrim.7098

Throrgrim.7098

It happens not only when you port to another zone, it happens too if you enter another zone walking through a portal :-(
Stopped at 59k…

Posted by: TomaszL.5340

TomaszL.5340

Same here, it’s frustrating, pls fix it

Posted by: AlphaMuppet.4397

AlphaMuppet.4397

The Survivor bug that I see consistently is that my Monthly achievement is maxed at 100k without death but my Lifetime achievement has never moved from 0.

Posted by: ivangarde.4610

ivangarde.4610

Same here, mine reseted at 48k after logging out. Hope it gets fixed, I’m not willing to remain in the same area, without loggig out until i reach 100K of experience.

Only bug I got so far tought

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Pretty annoying when you spend a whole evening to reach 50K in the monthly achievement survivor track just to find out on the next day that logging out of the game stopped the counter

Not cool at all. Quaggan sad

Posted by: Snaggle.3182

Snaggle.3182

I agree, done 57k exp in one zone (waypoints worked for me though) hopped to lions arch and it stopped increasing.

Posted by: MoLoToV.7345

MoLoToV.7345

Well since i am not 80 nor cooking it seems i have to wait. Could anyone tell me what you get? since i’d like to know if its really worth it.

Posted by: b rad.5190

b rad.5190

Had a response on my ticket saying anet are working on a solution to this which is encouraging to hear.

Posted by: Jerot.2053

Jerot.2053

An easy work around is to just save up crafting materials and craft everything all at once, you can get tons of experience that way without having to zone/relog or have any chance of dying.

Posted by: Caprila.4951

Caprila.4951

Good to hear they’re working on a solution

Posted by: Cotosh.4862

Cotosh.4862

will the /death command be implemented?

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

will the /death command be implemented?

It is already /deaths with an s :p

Posted by: SFMix.6472

SFMix.6472

I did over 144k crafting exp yesterday in metrica province using waypoints to jump back and forth. Im not stuck at 99,629/100,000. Clearly bugged. =/

Posted by: MCHammond.1472

MCHammond.1472

You guys need to man up.

Go to WvWvW and play the game untill you get 100,000 Xp thats what I did, it was so much fun. I was so nervous and all my adrenaline was going every time I spotted the enemy.

It really did make it feel like I would loose something if I died, especaly when I was on 98,998 Xp and being chased buy an enemy zerg.

It made me think that WvWvW needs some sort of surviver bonus so that if you dont die you get more rewards, making the cost of death greater without simply costing you more.

Posted by: Stasis.8192

Stasis.8192

good for you, but we mere mortals would like this to work the way its intended to

Posted by: Maxra.5096

Maxra.5096

I had this issue as well. I got up 99437 and decided to play it safe and go craft. After getting no exp, I went back to kill’n and no exp. I will probably try again when I am higher level and closer to 80.

Posted by: Galadeon.6513

Galadeon.6513

Same issues here. Got to 88.400 and it reset me me without dying. I changed zones. (Did not know this would reset it)

Posted by: NephilimSoldier.2089

NephilimSoldier.2089

The title says it all.

Posted by: Latorn.4209

Latorn.4209

Yeah, this is totally upsetting T-T I wanted to get it for the monthly achievement so I hunkered down and got a bunch of levels without dying, then I realized it was stuck

Posted by: Trelos.8107

Trelos.8107

Same issue, did a report before forums where up.

Posted by: Warathor.8796

Warathor.8796

The easiest way to get this achievment is doing DE in mid-high level areas if you lack the resources to do it by crafting. HOWEVER, the broken exp gain is not the most dire bug when it comes to this achievment.

IT DOES NOT RESET AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

I did it late august and it still shows up as 100% (as it’s done since I got it). I still need to wait for a couple of weeks to confirm my suspicions, but it would seem that it is not tied to calender months but rather a 30/31 day timer.
So while the broken exp is annoying there’s a workaround for it (don’t port, logout, crash, start an instance, etc) there’s no workaround for it not resetting… which is annoying. On the other hand, it’s just 20-ish coins, but still… especially if you like to see things at 100% :p

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

IT DOES NOT RESET AT THE END OF THE MONTH.

I did it late august and it still shows up as 100% (as it’s done since I got it). I still need to wait for a couple of weeks to confirm my suspicions, but it would seem that it is not tied to calender months but rather a 30/31 day timer.

The monthly achievements reset at 1st September for about 1/2 our guild members, but not for the other half. So it’s more that the reset is bugged – there is no logical reason why it should have reset for some people but not for others except that the reset failed/bugged out… but that’s being discussed in the thread here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Monthly-achievements-not-reset-from-August

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: Air.3046

Air.3046

The Survivalist achievement works so long as you don’t die on your current level. If you died, none of the exp you earn for that level will be counted towards the achievement, and you wont be able to gain any progress on it unless you gain a new level and try again(pretty sure thats a bug but idk if its intended or not). You literally need to not die for an entire level in order for you to gain any progress.

Edit: Also, downed states dont count as dying

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

I have this problem too. I have lost my progress for unknown reasons (well, it’s not very unknown now that I’ve read this thread) on more than one occasion.
Why would I lose that progress if I log off from the game! That makes no sense.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

Posted by: Klim.9430

Klim.9430

Seems bugged for me, though at least one of my friends has gotten it to work with no problems. I’ve gained 3-4 levels through PvE questing/events and the progress won’t update on the hero panel. It hangs at 56,151 / 75,000 exp without death, when I am currently level 58, with 79,800 total exp to get to level 59. If I do not die throughout the entire level, shouldn’t I get to the next tier of the achievement? I’ve tried PvE, crafting, WvW events (despite the risk!) and none of them seemed to work. I don’t like having to avoid death this much (I’m a “Lets jump off this cliff and see if we make it” kind of guy), so this achievement is getting to be a bit of a bother.

The progress I’ve gotten so far (56,151 exp) seems random. I’ve had the notification pop onto my screen that I’ve achieved a new tier for this achievement (making me think that it’s fixed), and then I will check my exp value progress in the hero panel’s achievement tab. I go out and kill a few more things (without dying), check the progress’s number again and it’ll be the same. It’s as if the achievement isn’t updating as often as it should for me…and depending on how long I last without dying, perhaps the next time it tries to update, I’ve already bitten the dust and lost that progress.

Beats me. But it’s pretty annoying.

Posted by: SecondDimension.9250

SecondDimension.9250

Hi everyone. For a very long time now I’ve had all of the sub-achievements required for my monthly, except Experience Survivor. It has been frozen at the same amount, no matter how many times I die, or how much experience I get. I’m now level 60, and the annoying part is, I should have had Experience Survivor complete EASILY 10 times now. I’m getting really frustrated, having it freeze at 46000/50000. Am I just going to be stuck without the monthly achievement I’ve worked so hard to get?

Posted by: Yhumana.5187

Yhumana.5187

I can add to this and say it is bugged and often bug itself by using a waypoint, zoning to another place, or logging out

Posted by: Larrax.8750

Larrax.8750

Oh yea, this is pretty annoying. 50k xp popped out yesterday for me (well I’m quite sure I died 30 minutes before that), I made it to 64k and decided to make the rest today. I logged in few minutes ago and the progress bar seems to be stucked :-(

Posted by: Lidralyn.1408

Lidralyn.1408

This is happening to me as well and is very annoying as there is a reward chest for maxing the monthly achievement and this one is holding me back. I haven’t died in 3 days, but logging off I believe reset it for some reason. Please fix this quickly so I can quit worrying about death so much and go back to WvWvW.

Posted by: Robwinter.2458

Robwinter.2458

I’m having the same problem and the Lifetime Survivor is stuck at 0.

Posted by: Comenius.3628

Comenius.3628

Same problem as well.

Posted by: Vorsakan.8259

Vorsakan.8259

I’m having the same problem and the Lifetime Survivor is stuck at 0.

I just assumed this was the case for everyone, as my track has always been at 0!
If it does vary from player to player, hopefully someone will figure out a solution.

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

I was exploring a new zone a few nights ago. I was happy to see that my monthly survivor was going up. I logged out for the night and logged in the next day. It no longer would increase.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…