Monthly achievements not reset from August

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Grizor.6543

Grizor.6543

Hi, I completed the monthly achievement for August but it has not reset for this month – it still says everything is complete.

Is this a visual bug or am I losing progress on September’s one?

Grizor – Charr Engineer – Gandara

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Gab.5630

Gab.5630

I completed August Achievement , now September is still 100%. Have i to wait 30 days or is it an issue?

Posted by: Oni Link.4621

Oni Link.4621

Probably it resets on the same day when it started. So probably you’ll have to wait 28th September.
It is a “monthly” achievement, not “one-month-time” achievement or “achievement of the month”.
I guess it works like this.

Posted by: Waltzinblack.5187

Waltzinblack.5187

No, a few guild members here had it reset, but it hasn’t reset for the rest of us.

Guild Leader of Deus Ex Machina EU

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

Probably it resets on the same day when it started. So probably you’ll have to wait 28th September.
It is a “monthly” achievement, not “one-month-time” achievement or “achievement of the month”.

I hope it works like this…

Posted by: Lasarith.6193

Lasarith.6193

Mine had/has not reset – so i was thinking the same thing ?

Posted by: Blobby.8140

Blobby.8140

Nope. It worked fine for me. It resetted around 1 am GMT on first of August.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Mine also did not reset, which was nice because it allowed to to finish the monthly, but I think it is a bug.

Posted by: Melana.8345

Melana.8345

Same here – it reset for about half our guild members, but not for the other half. Since I got the monthly achievements done for August, not being able to do them for September is a little frustrating.

Despaired Ranger: Crafted The Dreamer, lost range, lost GS condi damage for synergy.
Pet AI awful. Sword root+Aussie latency unmanagable. Lost playstyle, lost legendary, given up.
Mell: 80 Asura Guardian (+7 other 80s) | Aus Serenity [AUS] | Jade Quarry

Posted by: Claug.4521

Claug.4521

The same thing happened to me. I completed the August achievements and when it turned to September, I still had the 100% completion from August. A lot of people had it reset correctly.

Is this bug going to get fixed before the end of the month? I don’t want to miss out on the rewards.

Posted by: Teryx.1389

Teryx.1389

Same for me. Completed the August achievements on August 31st, well before the date rollover – the achievement progress did not reset even when the achievement changed to being for September.

It did reset (correctly, I assume) for a friend of mine, but most people I know are in the same situation.

I did submit a ticket on Saturday, haven’t heard anything back yet – but I suspect there are issues with higher priorities at the moment. Would love for this to get fixed before the end of the month though.

Espen Edenborn, Human Ranger | Dawnrise on Crystal Desert – shockfront.net

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

I think they might have done it on purpose since the game came out in the very end of august. They would probably be afraid that people would not have enough time to get their monthly.

I think the monthly will reset either the 25th/28th, or it will reset every begin of the month starting October.

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

Teryx.1389

I think they might have done it on purpose since the game came out in the very end of august.

The fact that some people had their progress reset when it rolled over to 0:00 UTC on September 1st would indicate otherwise, though.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Also there was an Bug with the EXP achiv that did reset when we waypointed or teleported. For some mad reason.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Adam.7408

Adam.7408

I also haven’t had my monthly achievements reset. Still stuck at 100%. I opened a ticket the day of, with nothing heard back yet.

Rude – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: Sagasu.1530

Sagasu.1530

As the title says the monthly achievements I finished in August have not reset despite it saying “September Achievements 16/16 Complete”, and no I didn’t do the September achievements. I have also removed the possibility that the graphic did not reset and getting the achievements would reset it. I tested this by gaining a lot of experience for survivor without dying and doing events.

Posted by: Fascinated.9831

Fascinated.9831

I assume it’s because the game was only released in mid august? so it’s not really been 1 month yet, so monthly won’t have reset? idk just a guess.

Teryx.1389

I assume it’s because the game was only released in mid august?

It did reset for some people, though.

Also, there’s another thread about this issue here.

Posted by: Azothoras.6520

Azothoras.6520

Same here. Kind of irritating, as i too found out about this achievement 3 days ahead with almost no salvages done. I hurried and salvaged pretty much everything, got done the 30th august, and now it doesn’t even reset. Great.

I really could have used those 20 extra coins for experimenting.

Posted by: Absolutionis.9427

Absolutionis.9427

Aye, same problem here. Back when the monthly achievements were listed as “August”, I completed it to 100%. Then, now that it’s September, it’s still at 100% and I cannot complete it for this month.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

It also did not reset for me and I’m sure I finished it on August 29th. Maybe the month actually started early? When did others finish it?

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: morTy.2691

morTy.2691

I finished it in August and it didn’t reset for me either in September.

Posted by: haderach.2410

haderach.2410

Experienced this as well. I finished August and when September came it didn’t reset. It still shows 100% completion. However friends and guildmates had it reset.

Posted by: Sunstone.1542

Sunstone.1542

How does this achievement work?

I finished the August one on the 29th and now its rolled over to September but my achievement list still says 100% complete. (ie it did not update at all.)

Asking in main chat i was told that the monthly achievements are based off a characters play time.

why is there a month associated with this achievement at all if this is true, it seems either broken or very confusing. please elaborate.

Thanks.

Posted by: Sunstone.1542

Sunstone.1542

yes, can we confirm this is a bug or not from arena net? it has not reset for many of my guild members also.

Posted by: AlphaMuppet.4397

AlphaMuppet.4397

Mine also did not reset at start of September, so I was also wondering if it is waiting for a month from start. Would be good to get an offiicial response on how this mechanic is supposed to work, are we broken?

Posted by: AlphaMuppet.4397

AlphaMuppet.4397

To help mods with merging, and show Sunstone is not alone, another thread about same thing is:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Monthly-Achievement-Doesn-t-Resetted/

Posted by: Reannah.7360

Reannah.7360

Mine didn’t reset either, I thought this was because the release was shorty before the end of the month. But if some people did get reset it must be a bug. I am very into doing my daily and monthly achievements so I’d like a chance to still be able to do my monthly!

<Raw> Don’t stand in fire!

www.RawGaming.org

Posted by: crazyluke.4391

crazyluke.4391

i have the same issue, completed mine in august now I’m at 100% completion for Sept.

Posted by: Drakute.7956

Drakute.7956

The game hasn’t been out for a month yet.

Posted by: Monod.3562

Monod.3562

From what I understand, monthly achievements are supposed to change each month.

If some people had it reset, and the four goals are the same for them, I think it’s a bug that it was reset because there should be all new goals.

Posted by: Branimir.2376

Branimir.2376

they probably merged first two months since the game came out on 25/28

Teryx.1389

From what I understand, monthly achievements are supposed to change each month.

Can anyone who has had their progress reset speak to whether or not the achievements have changed?

Either way, no matter how it’s supposed to function, it would be great to hear from ArenaNet on the matter.

Teryx.1389

There’s actually another thread on this topic here. I’d recommend adding your voices to that one!

Also, for those suggesting that the game hasn’t been out for a month or that they merged months, keep in mind that they did reset for some people, so one way or another, there’s something off here.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

Happened to me too, got 100% in August severeal days before September, but when it became September my Monthly achievements still stayed at 100%….. While my friends achievements reset perfectly fine.

So what, are we just gonna lose out on our monthly reward and points? Really need some proper answer on why someone doesn’t get it reset properly.

Posted by: theMrCravens.7683

theMrCravens.7683

Bumping this.
I got 100% on the 29 of August.

Now 5 days into September, and my monthly hasn’t reset yet.

Some people in my guild got theirs reset, and they had completed the August one.

Should I send a support ticket ? That’s all I want to know.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

Mine didn’t reset either, I thought this was because the release was shorty before the end of the month. But if some people did get reset it must be a bug. I am very into doing my daily and monthly achievements so I’d like a chance to still be able to do my monthly!

I agree, it would be nice to have the CHANCE to do the monthly, seeing as many people do get that chance there is no reason to keep others from having it at all.

I see they merged the threads, so would’ve hoped they had a reply to the issue since they obviously saw the thread. Hopefully we get a response soon.

Posted by: Valkor.2063

Valkor.2063

during August i 100% completed the monthly achievement, it changed to September and now its still saying 100% completed?

any idea how to fix this?

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I got 100 at augutst and my 20 coins. It reset correctly and I will have the next 20 coins soon and september finished. And if someone is trying to remove that 20 coins from me then I’ll stop playing the game.

I know some people won’t be able to 40 coins now and can only have 20 from one achievement. But give them something else instead of removing the well and without cheating earned stuff from other players. (Just give them 20 coins additional that everyone got 40).

Edit: In fact I think people who did their achievement correctly in august should have more coins. It was a lot of work to to that in such a short time. Reward is deserved. And don’t complain about only 3 days. You have to count the headstart too – additional reward to have more time to complete that achievement. That is okay. We prepurchased. We should get this.

Maybe 10 more coins for the others that did not complete it august(30 coins for august + september). Other that completed august by the end of 31th should get 40.

(edited by Luthan.5236)

Teryx.1389

It reset correctly and I will have the next 20 coins soon and september finished. And if someone is trying to remove that 20 coins from me then I’ll stop playing the game.

I don’t think anyone would like to see the people for whom it reset correctly penalized – we’d just like the opportunity to do the same as you.

Posted by: Baquar.5783

Baquar.5783

I have the same problem ;/

Posted by: enthrop.1624

enthrop.1624

I’m going to jump in and say I have the same exact problem, and I’m really hoping they fix it before September goes away.

I completed the August achievement in August – which was torture for my dead-last-place-in-WvW-server trying to find kills… – and was really looking forward to the chance to do it again in September.

I put a bug report in-game on Sept 2nd about it, but figured I’ll give them a few days to see if anything has changed. Nothing yet… still not reset.

Posted by: praeclarus.6321

praeclarus.6321

Same problem here, I had a bunch of items saved up to salvage too :\

Teryx.1389

Same problem here, I had a bunch of items saved up to salvage too :\

I hadn’t even thought of doing that – but that’s a great idea, thanks!

Posted by: Denori.5263

Denori.5263

My monthly did not reset after completing it in August and i just noticed that it does indeed now say 16/16 complete for September. Has there been any official word on this yet?

Posted by: chopstickman.6917

chopstickman.6917

Same problem here as well. Completed in August and did not get reset.

Posted by: Shad Crow.4826

Shad Crow.4826

I am hoping this gets more attention as I am having the same problem. Also, this is not a display bug. The achievements will not progress for people with this problem.

Posted by: Obie.3268

Obie.3268

My achievement also did not reset and I had got it done before September 1st.

Posted by: Draup.5170

Draup.5170

I have the same problem

Posted by: MCGusto.8230

MCGusto.8230

Same problem here. Completed August 30th.. still has not reset. Would love some confirmation from Anet that its being investigated. Ticket submitted 3 days ago and no response yet. Wish I hadnt donated to the cupcake fund on reddit at this point.