Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

True.
In fact it is a 12 days old response, but you are right.

Sorry for wanting an update for the people who still have troubles with that vista. ^^

(For me it was solved after the latest patch came.)

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Heh, well 12 days ago was Dec 26th, so the office has been closed for the holidays. : )

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Well it is currently Jan 7th and from my understanding folks have been back to work already. So the delay has to be something else.

Navi.7142

I know, I know.

But it’s a little bit not satisfying enough sometimes when the issue with some vistas/ bugged events/ whatever are still there nearly since the launch. (Just so you understand it is not complaining about anything really new which I want to have fixed ASAP..)

I am still convinced you are all giving your best. So keep that doing! :-)

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Locked at the request of the OP.

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

On Sea of Sorrows server.

Event to get the cows to the cattlepult isn’t happening.

Can someone prod the NPC that is supposed to get the cows please. MIA all day yesterday. Probably passed out drunk.

Either way, please get him back to work.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

I raised this a few days ago. No response and no action from Arenanet, not a high priority for them. Majorly frustrating since I can’t complete the area.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/sea-of-sorrows-mad-muldine-bugged/first#post1159620

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

There have been multiple posts on this topic, so the official reply probably got lost in all the noise. (It’s why we try to merge threads when we can. 20 posts on the same topic just makes it 20x harder to find the answer.) Anyway, we’re looking at the issue, but we haven’t been able to reproduce it locally, so I don’t have an ETA for a fix.

Posted by: GamerGirl.1496

GamerGirl.1496

Still bugged on Tarnished Coast as well.

Posted by: fusionous.1830

fusionous.1830

broken on isle of janthir too. please fix.

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

Nothing is happening on Isle of Janthir either. I tried talking to the NPCs’ at the tower but they have nothing to say—they don’t even open a box.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

Posted by: Avorniel.5708

Avorniel.5708

Still not fixed
Piken Square server.

still broken…

Posted by: Brassbolt.7164

Brassbolt.7164

The Cattlepult is not working, it’s been quite a few days now like this. Would be nice to be able to get the vista so I can move on from this map exploration.

Help facilitate an enjoyable experience! Be nice to others!

Posted by: Joey V Sosa.1584

Joey V Sosa.1584

its really making me mad not being able to get my LAST vista…. this is more insane than the temple of Balthazar breaking every now and then.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Posted by: Greygon Stormblade.9841

Greygon Stormblade.9841

still bugged on Yak’s Bend as of last night

Navi.7142

Hey, just a guess, but try it out after the patch right now. Is it working for you now or still bugged?

Posted by: surferkat.6837

surferkat.6837

It works, however if it was the last thing you needed for 100% for Diessa Plateau, it’s glitched. It was the last vista I needed, and I didn’t get the area completion reward. I went back and did it several times, to no avail.

lynspottery.6529

Jeffrey, it really would be nice if you all could just unlock the blockages to this event. I still cannot get this thing to work for me. Yak’s Bend server.

Posted by: Klapaucjusz.4235

Klapaucjusz.4235

Aurora Glade still bugged… that vista is the last thing on that location…

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

Bugged on Fort Aspenwood.

Posted by: zeroryu.7986

zeroryu.7986

bugged on dragonbrand.

lynspottery.6529

Finally got this to work this past weekend. It took forever for the npc to finish his discussions and allow the catapult to be useable but it finally worked.

Still a bit buggy.

Posted by: Thorg.6809

Thorg.6809

Couldn’t the cattlepult simply be available all the time, regardless of the event? The only other area that I can remember which needed an event to fully explore the zone was the Skrittburgh Tunnels in Brisban Wildlands. It doesn’t fix the event being bugged, but it would allow the players having trouble to move on with our zone/world completion.

I remember having this problem on a different character months ago, so I’m just becoming impatient =/

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Agree with the above. This has been bugged pretty much since release. It’s disheartening to see that after all this time, it’s still not working and I still can’t get a completion for this zone. Just kill the event altogether so the catapult isn’t linked to it and let us complete the wretched thing.

Posted by: Klapaucjusz.4235

Klapaucjusz.4235

I mage it yesterday at Aurora Glade. Went there and was aviable

Posted by: VinceNoir.2016

VinceNoir.2016

This event in Diessa Plains on Northern Shiverpeaks is bugged again, none of the npcs are doing anything all the events nearby have been done yet no cows are being fired, yet there is a sound going on of a ctapult being fired. I have gone to every farm nearby, and done all events that have appeared yet the catapult is still in the waiting part ready to be started yet nothing is happening.

Posted by: Sabbaticus.9573

Sabbaticus.9573

Have noticed that the catapult is broken and not responding to any of my toons. It is the only point I need to complete the zone. Have noticed this for the past 3 days. Can we get a fix please?
Thanks

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Can we form up a list of servers where Moorwatch Tower is not bugged?

We shouldn’t have to have to resort to server transfers, but it could make for a decent last resort

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Posted by: math.1540

math.1540

Still bugged 8 hours later…

lynspottery.6529

Can we form up a list of servers where Moorwatch Tower is not bugged?

We shouldn’t have to have to resort to server transfers, but it could make for a decent last resort

Yak’s Bend had this working when I finally completed it this past weekend.

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Are you making sure that you are waiting until the other charr leaves to get more cows? You cannot enter the machine until a few seconds after he leaves. If he returns it is locked again.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Pandolf.7489

Pandolf.7489

in Henge of Denravi the event doesnt run and you cant interact with the cattlepult

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Using posts from the last few days,

Not Working:
Dragonbrand
Fort Aspenwood
Henge of Denravi
Northern Shiverpeaks

Worked (for someone in the past few days, but YMMV):
Sorrow’s Furnace 1/15/13 (worked for my roommate and me)
Maguuma 1/14/13 (source https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/events/Is-there-a-server-with-a-working-cattlepult/first#post1210066)
Yak’s Bend 1/13/13
Aurora Glade 1/13/13

Please help to update the list
EDIT 1/15/13: As I have gotten the vista for myself by swapping to Sorrow’s Furnace, I will be paying much less attention to this thread. It would be greatly beneficial if someone else maintained the list of working/non-working servers

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

(edited by Dave.2536)

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Hey

The Cattlepult has been bugged for for a couple of days now. It’s not the whole ‘this content has been temporarily disabled’, or that it can’t be interacted with until an event is over – I’m aware of that as I have a 100% word completed character.

The issues seems to be that the event has stopped cycling. Harpies don’t attack it, Tigh doesn’t go and collect cows, and Mad Mardine doesn’t test the cattlepult at all. The whole cycle seems to be stuck, which has rendered the cattlepult completely inaccessible to be even investigated with ‘f’, making the vista impossible to reach.

Posted by: Aubey.1785

Aubey.1785

This EXACT same thing is happening on Northern Shiverpeaks server as well. It’s been bugged out for at least 3 days now.

Sadly for me it is the ONE thing standing in my way for 100% map completion. >:-| Not cool Anet. Not cool.

You’d think that as many times as this event chain/ vista has broken that they’d put in an alternative method to get this vista. It’s not like it’s some big epic thing to get the vista via cattlepult or anything. It’s not like you get some cool cutscene showing your character flying through the air to go kerplunk on the top of the tower or anything. You’re just one boring loading screen away from being on top. Just putting an interact at the door at the bottom of the tower would suffice. …just saying.

Posted by: Lizzy Liz.6743

Lizzy Liz.6743

The last few days I, and a few others, have been unable to complete a map area due to a broken event. The event that triggers the “Cattlepult” in Diessa Plateau has not been cycling. The Char operating the Cattlepult has not been testing it and therefore, we cannot reach the vista on Moorwatch. It is more than a little frustrating that I have been unable to finish this area. As for right now I am working on other areas but if the event is not fixed, or an alternate way to reach the vista is not created, I will not be able to get my world completion. If it makes any difference, I’m on the Anvil Rock server.

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

Next

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I know this is a long shot but on yaks bend I found the catapult not interactable except for one spot on the opposite side of where Mad Mardine is standing. Every other spot around the catapult had no way in interact with it.

Posted by: Necro Viktoria.6729

Necro Viktoria.6729

It looks, that Aurora Glade is bugged.

Posted by: Lillemaur.8914

Lillemaur.8914

Northern Shiverpeaks is still bugged. The events won’t start at all, the NPCs are stuck, and the catapult is unusable. Please, please fix it, or at least give us some other way of getting to the vista.

Posted by: Peebles.9158

Peebles.9158

Dragonbrand is bugged as well. Sat around last night and today for at least 30 minutes each time waiting for the harpy event. Nothing. 99% completion is super annoying.

Posted by: Ghost.6308

Ghost.6308

Fort Aspenwood still bugged… Last checked January 18, 2013
As soon as I switched to Sorrow’s Embrace I was able to get it… so, not bugged there.
Last checked January 18, 2013.

Thanks Dave!

Posted by: Lusive.5427

Lusive.5427

Anvil Rock bugged atm. Assistant stays by catapult and never goes to get more cows.

Posted by: Lemonader.6482

Lemonader.6482

Hasn’t been working for at least a couple of days on Fort Aspenwood right now.

Excelsior.
Fort Aspenwood.

Posted by: ProperPK.8713

ProperPK.8713

This vista, in the Diessa Plateau, has been bugged on the Fissue of Woe server for at least a week now. The cattlepult event, which allows you to reach the vista, is unable to be performed.

This is because Max Mardine’s assistant, Tigh Snatchskull, just walks aimlessly around the ’pult, instead of getting cows.

Sent a report 5 days ago in game, no response yet, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Thanks!

Posted by: tazlorgon.7148

tazlorgon.7148

cant complete map due to cant get to vsta the one were u get shot threw the air ontop of the tower nothing working at the flying cow gun.

Posted by: Endaro.8706

Endaro.8706

I am trying to get 100% world map completion to get my Gift of Exploration for my legendary. I only need the vista in Diessa Plateau where you get shot from the catapult onto the top of the tower. However, no matter what I do talking to the guy, he will not allow me to be shot from the catapult. I waited there for 30 minutes, and nothing.

This is so unfair Arenanet. Please fix this so that I can complete this map and get my legendary.

Posted by: Lemonader.6482

Lemonader.6482

Make the cattlepult always available, I need that vista!

Still not working on Fort Aspenwood.

Excelsior.
Fort Aspenwood.

Posted by: Keyes.8270

Keyes.8270

Also bugged as of time of typing on Anvil Rock. Tigh Snatchskull just walks around in circles like the poster 2 above me described.