Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Forseti.1589

Forseti.1589

Sea of Sorrows , Sanctum of Rall , Maguuma , and Tarnish Coast still bugged.
Any American server is ok?

Posted by: Rawling.9364

Rawling.9364

I’d ask if anyone knows an EU server I can guest to where this isn’t broken and I can get my 100%, but by the sound of it it’s broken everywhere.

Anyone know when the next server reset is due?

(Edit: spoke too soon, apparently it is still working on RoF. Hope it’s still working when my guesting tickets become free again.)

(edited by Rawling.9364)

Posted by: Scarecrow.9645

Scarecrow.9645

I’d ask if anyone knows an EU server I can guest to where this isn’t broken and I can get my 100%, but by the sound of it it’s broken everywhere.

Anyone know when the next server reset is due?

Ring of Fire was working about 4 hours ago. I would say it’s your best shot right now.

Rawling.9364

Ring of Fire was working about 4 hours ago. I would say it’s your best shot right now.

Thanks! I saw the other posts about it as well; I’m just waiting for my last two guestings to expire (<1 hour) at which point hopefully it’ll still be working!

EDIT: NOPE, it’s bugged on Ring of Fire too.

(edited by Rawling.9364)

Posted by: Misharra.3862

Misharra.3862

Adding my name to the pile. Bugged on my home server of Tarnished Coast, friend’s server of Sorrow’s Furnace, and my random selection of Ehmry Bay.

Posted by: Bobinator.1430

Bobinator.1430

I can confirm that Ring of Fire still works! Guest there to get the Vista.

Again, i will tell everyone, that all those from America servers can not Guest on European servers. You can only guest on American servers. Ring of Fire is an European server so it is no good for America people. I am compiling a list of all the American servers that people have said are bugged from the last 3 days of comments. i will post it soon so we can test the last few servers.

Scarecrow.9645

Ring of Fire is now bugged.

If someone knows a server that it works please do let us know!

I can confirm that Ring of Fire still works! Guest there to get the Vista.

Again, i will tell everyone, that all those from America servers can not Guest on European servers. You can only guest on American servers. Ring of Fire is an European server so it is no good for America people. I am compiling a list of all the American servers that people have said are bugged from the last 3 days of comments. i will post it soon so we can test the last few servers.

I didn’t know you can’t guest on EU servers. :/
I’ll try make a list too for the EU servers!! Patience!

(edited by Scarecrow.9645)

Bobinator.1430

I make a list of all the American Servers and checked all the comments from the last two days. I was able to eliminate all but two servers. I guested on them to test them out and they were bugged too. So for the record all of the American servers are bugged, not one is working. ALL THE AMERICAN SERVERS ARE CONFIRMED BUGGED.

Posted by: Sojar.1495

Sojar.1495

Hooray for the complete inability to make my legendary. Been working on it since November. Now, it will likely be done in November, if you catch my drift. Sigh… With the amount of money I’ve spent in the gem store, they could pay 4 programmers 20 hours each @ a rate of $30/hr to fix this. What is all the money I’ve given you guys going towards exactly? Making more gem store items?? You’ve got to keep those gem customers coming, right? /facedesk

[Heil] Hydra! Hydra is recruiting. www.heilhydra.com

Posted by: Dreamwaker.4095

Dreamwaker.4095

This is just pleasant. First I have to sit next to a certain tree in the Iron Marches to complete a bugged heart, and now I can’t even get this Vista in Diessa.

But thanks for fixing the graphic glitch for some NPC carrying a chicken in Arah. Because that is so much more important than people being able to complete maps.

This is ridiculous. Remove the Vista, the Event, or just fix it already. There is no reason why this should still be broken after all of this time, and it is VERY VERY frustrating.

Tarnished Coast, by the way.

Scarecrow.9645

Ok, I’ve concluded that this bug is chaotic.

Yesterday the event on my server (Piken Square) was Bugged.
So i guested Vabbi and Ring of Fire.
Both bugged at that time.
Today I check on Piken Square bugged, I check on Ring of Fire Bugged, I check on Vabbi…ZING! unbugged! Managed to get the vista.
This is totally chaotic meaning that any server you put on that list will be a prospective unbugged server after a while.
There need to be people from each server checking and giving feedback.

But to make this clear for the EU players: Vabbi is working right now! Hop on and grab the vista while you still can!

@Moderators
I think it’s time for action. Not because we pay or anything.
Just because it’s ridiculous how long it has been and I can’t take that the bug is one of the unsolved mysteries of the world..
Then again I have no idea on game developing so I might be wrong. :P

Posted by: Joetjah.4128

Joetjah.4128

I had the same problem yesterday on the Far Shiverpeaks server. I checked back in regulary during 2 hours but the event didn’t progress.

Ofcourse it is annoying (plus, I’d like to wager some bets and get a gold coin ), but I for one can’t be too bothered with the bug. I’ve had a lot of messages saying ‘New build available’. Next time I’ll make sure to quickly go to the spot and be the first to get the quest after the reset.

Nevertheless, this should be fixed. I’ll patiently wait untill it has been done so and I for one respect the developers for putting so much effort in this. I expect that this event will not be removed, because I laughed hard when I walked past it. I thought those guards are mad but there were actually flying cows!

Posted by: derekshreds.5394

derekshreds.5394

Stuck at 99% missing this vista for completion of world. Can’t find a server it works on.

Posted by: meentje.8467

meentje.8467

can conform that it is working on Vabbi, just guested there.

Posted by: The Hour Of The Mice.2910

The Hour Of The Mice.2910

we need an american server to guest on that works.

ebay and tarnished confirmed as non-working/stuck as of 0500 5/6/13.

Brave Little Ducky | Asura Warrior
Séraphine Eronaile | Human Necromancer
Ehmry Bay | Rekz/Sekz

Posted by: pistolingo.1920

pistolingo.1920

There is an other problem with this event.
As you may know there is a betting minigame at the end of the event. I can only advise you NOT to partake in that since it is currently bugged.
I thought I’d give it a shot and bought a ticket just to find out that the cow never actually got launched (see attachment). So I ended up with a ticket in my inventory which vanished when the event reoccurred. So yeah thanks for nothing. Wasted 50s… The next time the event ran not a single cow was launched! For a fact I know this should not happen and it was working properly before the “Living Story” content was released.

Attachments:

Rawling.9364

Still working on Vabbi. There’s a dude here, AFK, but with a pet out; maybe the pet attacking the harpies is keeping the event alive? (I sat and watched the event complete once after getting my vista.)

Posted by: carla.8046

carla.8046

Greetings,

I notice a bug in “Defend Mad Mardine’s cows from harpies while he test his invention” at Diessa Plateau it keep saying Tests completed: 3/5, cows needed: 2 and cows alive: 3 and it has been passed 24 hours and keep saying the same info during the event.

When I click to report this bug directly from the game it doesn’t let me summit, the summit button is gray.

Thank you for you attention.

Attachments:

Posted by: pistolingo.1920

pistolingo.1920

The thing is if the event fails once (or better: should have failed) it is bugged. As long as the event is completed successfully every time it is triggered it won’t bug. Also note that the event will only trigger if a player gets into the vicinity of the event.

/e: bugged again on Vabbi

(edited by pistolingo.1920)

Posted by: Reve.6895

Reve.6895

Hey A-Net: can we get some kind of response on when this will be working? Last response was a month ago, yet the event is still broken. A lot of us need to get this one vista for completion. It has been confirmed it is broken on every American server, so guesting isn’t even an option. The event has been an issue for the better part of a year; don’t you think its time to a) remove the event or make the cattlepult independent so we can get the vista and b) give us some kind of response to know you’re still trying to fix it? You have people quitting the game over stupid bugs like this, and you can’t take two minutes to reply to our concerns?

Posted by: Bailey DELUX.6051

Bailey DELUX.6051

Also experiencing this problem on Gandara. It’s preventing players from getting map completion due to the vista requiring you to use the catapult.

Posted by: chiaoMayne.7453

chiaoMayne.7453

I wouldn’t be surprised if this bug will make a decent amount of players quit. ANet’s non-responsiveness to this issue recently shows quite a bit about how much it cares for its players.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Previous

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

It’s under investigation, but I don’t have an ETA for a fix. (Mostly likely with one of the upcoming content updates.)

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

It’s under investigation, but I don’t have an ETA for a fix. (Mostly likely with one of the upcoming content updates.)

So… in, like, a month? I was hoping for a build in the next few days to fix quite a few of the bugs, including this one. Just remove the event.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

Posted by: Bailey DELUX.6051

Bailey DELUX.6051

Sounds like a long wait, or will this be when flame and frost ends? I hope it’s soon.

Forseti.1589

I’m waiting for the bugged vista for a week. Just remove the fucc event.

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

The event itself for the cannon is still bugged, it sits at 3/5 and does nothing no matter how long you sit there killing harpies. Fix this, Anet. NOW.

Forseti.1589

So,you can update your trade system,but you can’t just fix a bug?what a stupid Anet?!

Posted by: Reremnu.3298

Reremnu.3298

Dear ANET….
To to honest I don’t care about that event(and probably I’m not alone), remove it or remove the cattlepult, whatever…just DO SOMETHING…We would really love to get that Vista
There are a few options for you:
- move Vistato be on the gorund, next to the tower
- remove event and leave working cattlepult(it is only getting bugged by the event, right?)
- remove that one Vista (you are adding new wayponts so why not removing sth)
- add a new NPC, who will be standing next to the tower and will be teleporting players next to the Vista

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

Any EU server that isn’t bugged? As with many others this is the last vista I need for full 100% world completion..

Posted by: King.8096

King.8096

Just tried to guest in Dragonbrand server, it’s working

Posted by: The Hour Of The Mice.2910

The Hour Of The Mice.2910

THANK YOU! it is still currently bugged on ebay, but i guested on dragonbrand at 1700 PST, 5/7/2013, and it is working there!

the harpy event showed up for me on dragonbrand, but i killed all the harpies and it completed normally, after which i was able to use the cattlepult. now i can finally move on! thanks!!!

Brave Little Ducky | Asura Warrior
Séraphine Eronaile | Human Necromancer
Ehmry Bay | Rekz/Sekz

Posted by: hst.2601

hst.2601

just worked on Dzagonur [DE] europe

Posted by: Riku.9743

Riku.9743

Any server still working?

Bobinator.1430

Dragonbrand bugged again. Don’t waste a guest on it

Posted by: Breaking.7912

Breaking.7912

Gandara is broken as well don’t guest there. Can anyone confirm a working EU server for that vista ?

(edited by Breaking.7912)

Posted by: FirebrandFrog.7603

FirebrandFrog.7603

Is there any NA server right now with an unbroken moorwatch event? I’m so close to completing those plains but it’s very hard to do so with that one thing blocking it.

Actually, replacing the cattlepult with something far less glitch-causing would be a better idea and a saver of everyone’s time.

Briar Stoneheart, 80 Warrior | Erik Haptem, 80 Necromancer
(currently leveling: a Mesmer, an Engineer, and a Guardian)

Posted by: BrandonTechnique.3742

BrandonTechnique.3742

So many good suggestions on how you can go about fixing this issue and instead NAH YOU GUYS WAIT A MONTH OR SO FOR US TO FIX AN ISSUE WE ALREADY FIXED!

Posted by: derekshreds.5394

derekshreds.5394

Bugged on Ferguson’s Crossing, Darkhaven, Blackgate.

I’m starting to get really, really, aggravated. Not even a whole day after the reset and every server is bugged again. I just need this one freaking vista for my completion.

Posted by: FunToStopTime.8569

FunToStopTime.8569

Still bugged on SoS and Tarnished, but hey at least they released some nice summer clothes and a book with additional dances, AMIRIGHT?

Posted by: Atra Culpa.5012

Atra Culpa.5012

Bugged again on Yak’s Bend…

Posted by: Caelian.2560

Caelian.2560

Moorwatch vista bugged now for three days

Posted by: Zaxian.6035

Zaxian.6035

Seafarer’s Rest is also bugged out on 3/5 cows…

Posted by: Jebkr.5602

Jebkr.5602

anyone know when the next server reset will be?

Posted by: Jebkr.5602

Jebkr.5602

works on sorrow’s furnace…. gogogogogo before it gets bugged again

Bobinator.1430

It is confirmed working. no event going on. GOOOOOGOOGOGOGOx

Posted by: Stevinator.5210

Stevinator.5210

It is confirmed working. no event going on. GOOOOOGOOGOGOGOx

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: BrandonTechnique.3742

BrandonTechnique.3742

STILL WORKING ON SORROW’S FURNACE! GO GET IT! I JUST DID

Posted by: Apfelcreme.5048

Apfelcreme.5048

its working on Vabbi right now for all europeans

Drapoleith – Guardian – Kodasch

Posted by: Shuggie.8354

Shuggie.8354

Still working on Sorrow’s Furnace NA server.
Get it while you can!