in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Regenerated.1586

Regenerated.1586

Has anyone heard/seen a posted ETA?

Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

Posted by: commoncandy.2593

commoncandy.2593

I have the same issue, it’s pretty annoying.

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

It does seem to work for a very specific time window after the harpy event there. I’d say about 3 – 5 minutes after the event completed, the catapault became selectable for me. Given that it didn’t work before the event or otherwise until that time, I’d have to assume it stops working at some point until the event comes round again.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

The question is, how often does the harpy event come around?

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

When I did that vista back in the first week, I had to finish the harpy attack DE and wait for the Charr to fire the 3 cows (I did not have to bet). Then for a few minutes it would let me use the cattlepult. But I also had to stand in a very specific spot (middle of the left side) for the interact option to appear. People naturally trying to get in from the back would not get the option.

If the DE has bugged and isn’t happening (I know on my server at least a lot of the Charr region DEs have bugged out) then that may be why people can’t get the option to use the cattlepult.

Posted by: ElSargento.6718

ElSargento.6718

I used it (Yak’s Bent) a few days back but now it does not work for my ele. Also, got the option where Koolthulu said. BTW skill point is broken too.

Posted by: Wirldwide.8046

Wirldwide.8046

For all of the players stating the catapult to the vista is bugged, it’s NOT! The message stating “Temporarily Disabled” applies to something else in the area of the catapult.

What you have to do is wait until the boss stops talking about launching cows to his assistant. This vista is on a TIME BASED system!

Here is proof: On my world in Diessa Plateau players kept on stating that the vista catapult was bugged. I told em, Ok, I’ll go check it. Went there and the Harpie event was on. You have to wait until the Harpies are killed and then you have to wait some more for the dialog between the boss and his assistant to complete where he talks about launching cows and they keep on dying. The assistant will ask the boss if he should get more cows and the boss will state something like “I thought that was obvious, YES, go get some more cows”. Shortly after that is when the catapult becomes active and you have to be in front of it in order to click it. If you try to click the catapult at a different time when the Harpies are there or during the time of the dialog between the boss and assistant, IT WON’T WORK and you’ll think it’s bugged. Players that did it before didn’t realize the time to activate the catapult so they go back on another character they are leveling and see it doesn’t work and tell everyone that. Activate it at the right time and it WILL WORK!

After waiting for the event to complete, I kept getting the message “Temporarily disabled”, then I saw the dialog between the boss and his assistant and after that, I was able to activate the catapult even though I kept getting the message “Temporarily disabled”.

(edited by Wirldwide.8046)

Posted by: zephyr.6045

zephyr.6045

How frequently does the DE trigger? I’ve been waiting for what seems to be forever, but there is nothing around the area, minus the attacks Nageling.

Edit: 30 mins and counting, still nothing.

Talking to the assistant doesn’t trigger anything. Sitting there for the past half hour and didn’t see the event.

Server: Henge of Denravi

- Zeph
Tarnished Coast
Norpass Imperium [NOPE]

(edited by zephyr.6045)

Posted by: Doppelzett.8706

Doppelzett.8706

[…] What you have to do is wait until the boss stops talking about launching cows to his assistant.
[…], I was able to activate the catapult even though I kept getting the message “Temporarily disabled”.

I can confirm that, worked for me after the event and the dialog finished. I play on Abaddon’s Mouth [DE].

Posted by: Tlaco.4527

Tlaco.4527

Bugged for me… Henge of Denravi server as well. PLEASE FIX!!!!

Tlaco.4527

I can’t interact with the catapult at all. When I talk to the vendor, it says that it is disabled.

I’m on Henge of Denravi as well and am stuck at 99% completion until this is re-enabled. I’ve run around the catapult for quite a while and nothing on the catapult is clickable.

Please stop telling me the catapult is what I need to click on and that nothing is the problem. The catapult is unclickable!!!

FIX THIS PLEASE!

SERVER: Henge of Denravi

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

There is a Vista in the Diessa Plateau that requires you to utilize a cannon to shoot you up on top of a tower is bugged. I tried a week and a half ago and it was still bugged. When I click on the NPC, it says the content is disabled. I read somewhere to click on the cannon itself. The cannon is not clickable.

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Made a new post about this, should have searched before I posted.

Anyway, on the Henge of Denravi server as well with the same problem. Has been like this for over a week.

Posted by: Anubis.5046

Anubis.5046

Yeah it works fine. The NPC does state disabled due the gambling thing. As far as the cannon you have to wait until he becomes a seller with the gold icon on his head. Once that happens the cannon can be clicked on. I’ve done this about 3 hours ago and I assisted a bunch in doing the same. If the event is on and he is firing cows, it wont work after the event he keeps on blabbing, once he’s done then it works.

Hope that helps

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

Mad Mardine is disabled on Piken Square [EU] as well.

Posted by: angryJon.9107

angryJon.9107

I know that the catapult has been down for the past couple of days, but there has been no work around to getting this vista? I’m trying to get 100% world completion and this is blocking my progression…
-Edited-
I guess my post was merged into this one… well Blackgate[NA] is also bugged… supposedly the event will allow you to get the vista? can anyone confirm this?

(edited by angryJon.9107)

Posted by: Figbo.7514

Figbo.7514

I’m amazed that this thread was started 2 weeks ago and this is still not fixed.
I have only been watching for this event for 3 days and have never seen it. Cannot use cowtapult, cannot complete zone —- very frustrating.

Posted by: Mira.3681

Mira.3681

Ok, wow, I had no idea this has been bugged for well over 2 weeks. Like others, would be nice to get the completion. I can understand that perhaps this is low priority for some, but a little “bump” never hurts. Give the cow launcher some love, Anet!

Posted by: selfdisplaced.5781

selfdisplaced.5781

Dragonbrand this thing is still bugged

Posted by: zephyr.6045

zephyr.6045

Anyone know if this problem has been corrected?

Edit: Sept/25 – This is working in HoD

- Zeph
Tarnished Coast
Norpass Imperium [NOPE]

(edited by zephyr.6045)

Posted by: Te Ryn.3861

Te Ryn.3861

I was hoping it was fixed as well.

Te Ryn – Warrior
Nali Ryn – Necro
Member of [DDLG] Guild on Devonas Rest Server

Posted by: Edbert.8471

Edbert.8471

I’ve completed this vista on two different toons, but it has been disabled now for at least 1.5 weeks. I do not see how but I have to guess it was shut down because of an exploit of some kind, that is fair, I want AN to stop low-lifes from cheating. But if this canot be fixed soon and enabled once more they should just “give” the vista completion to folks who talk to the NPC and get the message that this content has been disabled.

I have one more map/zone to complete and will then have only this one vista to stop me from being 100% world completion, and it is in a 15-25 area at that.

Fix it or give it to us please.

Posted by: Bulwyf.6931

Bulwyf.6931

I lack only using that cowpault to get to the top of the tower to finish the map for Diessa Plateau and yet for over a week when I go by there it says “that content has been temporarily disabled please check back later”.

When exactly is “later” going to be? It bugs me to no end to go waste time each day to see if it is up only to see the same error message.

Posted by: keytoeverything.1765

keytoeverything.1765

Did you click F in front of the catapult? It said the same thing for me but I found out you had to actually go to the front of the catapult and push the F key, not talk to the dude.

Posted by: Chaion.8341

Chaion.8341

Are you only talking to the NPC? I had heard about this before and when I reached I got this error from the NPC. Although moving to the back of the catapult and using action to get in, I got it working fine.

Bulwyf.6931

I’ve stood in front, behind and to the side of the launcher and “F” does nothing.

Posted by: Mira.4906

Mira.4906

When I was able to do it I had to wait after the NPC finished his dialog. I did it right after defend the cows from the harpies dynamic event then the NPC said some dialog and launched 2 cows. As soon as the 2 cows where launched the launcher was selectable and I was able to get the vista.

Guild Leader for [Myth] Darkhaven

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I was able to use the CattlePult to get the vista, despite the NPC being disabled. Try clicking on the CattlePult so you have it selected, then hit “F” to inspect. You should get a pop-up screen that tells you about the CattlePult. That pop-up tells you about a warning, select the option that your’e going to ignore the warning and climb right on in. If the CattlePult isn’t selectable, try waiting a bit until the NPCs are done with launching cows.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

Bulwyf.6931

I appreciate the help but on Jade server this thing is simply bugged and has been for over a week now. You can not target the cowpault from anywhere and there has been no dynamic event there as well. All you get is the “this has been disabled” error if you talk to the NPC. The cowpault itself is not targetable on any location.

Tlaco.4527

henge of denravi as well. BROKEN. quit saying it works unless you are on that server and using it.

Bulwyf.6931

henge of denravi as well. BROKEN. quit saying it works unless you are on that server and using it.

Thanks for saying that. I’m somewhat relieved to hear this is bugged on at least one other server as well. Hopefully we get a response and a fix on this.

Posted by: Samjatin.7645

Samjatin.7645

Still no response. What is going on?

Samjatin.7645

Bugged on Kaineng and Riverside [DE]
And again no response from Anet at all.

Posted by: Byako.4209

Byako.4209

Fix it please…

Posted by: Aurorablue.5163

Aurorablue.5163

I thought it was broken too, and would get content is disabled, but it works if you wait for him to launch all the cows. I then clicked on the side and it launched me.

But maybe it is broken on other servers? It works on Crystal Desert.

Posted by: Chance.7239

Chance.7239

You can still get the vista… Just walk around to the front of the catapult until you see an “Interact [F]” notice pop up. Interact with the catapult, read the text, and when you’re finished it will teleport you to the top of the tower.

Samjatin.7645

3 weeks now. Can we at least get a response?

Samjatin.7645

I thought it was broken too, and would get content is disabled, but it works if you wait for him to launch all the cows. I then clicked on the side and it launched me.

But maybe it is broken on other servers? It works on Crystal Desert.

Can confirm. Works on Crystal Desert. Looks like World Transfer is the way to go…

Posted by: Maugrey.4063

Maugrey.4063

Same problem on desolation.
Please fix it.

Posted by: Ravenheart.5134

Ravenheart.5134

Broken on Ring of Fire as well.

Posted by: Charlie.1726

Charlie.1726

also bugged on Miller’s Sound [DE]

Posted by: Mundus.1584

Mundus.1584

It looks like the vista was removed altogether. I couldn’t get it earlier and when I logged back into my alt to get it today the vista doesn’t even show up on the map. :/

Posted by: Zeppelin.8106

Zeppelin.8106

It still shows as not found for me. They disabled it for some reason, maybe for a future update, but this is barring me from completing everything but the dungeons.

Posted by: ChrisP.4386

ChrisP.4386

I just completed this one 2 days ago. One thing you may not have noticed, you have to wait for the event to be over and then walk around to the front of the catapult and interact with the catapult itself, not the NPC. He will give you the content disabled message.

Terryn Deathward
Footsteps of War [FoW]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Husarz.1029

Husarz.1029

I was waiting on catapult for 1h. No event appeared. Blacktide server.

Posted by: Gridlocked.3847

Gridlocked.3847

Is there an ETA on this getting fixed?
I personally would rather bugs be fixed than start on Halloween stuff.

If it cant be fixed.. How about moving the Vista to the bottom?

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

wheres the delete entry button

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

On ring of fire, this vista is still unavailable. Making it impossible to finish the map. :/
Is the catapult turned off on other servers aswell?

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: euphoria.2495

euphoria.2495

Try waiting until there are no events nearby, or try just repeatedly hit F at the catapult. Otherwise you just have to try again later.