Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nawlins Streeter.9376

Nawlins Streeter.9376

I went back 4 days in a row. The night they restarted the servers I returned and spoke to the NPC next to the catapult several times…nothing!

Then purely by accident I moused over the catapult and notice that the catapult had some yellow lettering inside of it. As soon as I clicked on it, I catapulted to the vista.

I had a friend try it and he got it too about 1 hour after me.

Good luck!

Posted by: Arastir.3908

Arastir.3908

Still bugged on Maguuma, getting the “this content has been disabled” message.

Posted by: Arastir.3908

Arastir.3908

Just checked this again, and it worked this time.

Posted by: Mira.3681

Mira.3681

Hmmm … I’ve been trying to get this one for quite a while now on HoD. Is it random when he becomes a seller? Mardine is not firing cows, but he is not a vendor and cannon is not clickable. Just wondering if it became broken after your post.

Posted by: Indygo.1759

Indygo.1759

Mira,
I thought the same thing but did it yesterday finally after 2 weeks of thinking it was bugged.
Here’s the drill:
You have to time it so you’re there when the harpy attack event is going on— or when the Mardine npc has the gold above his head.
If it’s the harpy event, kill the harpies and close the event.
Then Mardine and his asst. yak a lot about throwing the cows and they throw 3-4—unsuccessfully (poor cows) and then finally the last cow makes it the top of the tower.
THAT is when the cannon gets a green outline around it, and you click to interact.
It then catapults you to the tower, where you’re knocked out for alittle bit, but you’re there—whoo hoo! Try that. ..it should work.

Posted by: Seth.1079

Seth.1079

I did this on HoD 2 days ago. I just had to click on the cannon.

Posted by: kittentoes.3427

kittentoes.3427

I’ve been waiting for this one to get fixed. I’ll go back tonight and try this.

Mira.3681

Thank you, Indygo! Apparently I have just had some bad timing. However, this still seems like a bug, can’t imagine a vista should be this dependent on other events. I’m going to see if I can trigger some events now

Mira.3681

Ok, no harpy event – does anyone by chance remember where the event chain starts? Sometimes talking to an NPC will trigger a DE, just can’t find anything to get this started. (Or perhaps DE is bugged out too). Or on another note, is there a specific time for HoD server restart? Maybe that’s what I need to be shooting for

Posted by: Ruggs.8420

Ruggs.8420

I can confirm that this is still an issue on the Henge of Denravi server.

Posted by: Mywad.7954

Mywad.7954

The only place i can click on catapult was at front inbetween wheels, not side or the back, it worked for me then, the content disabled message was from something else, try front.

Posted by: microwavedpopcorn.4361

microwavedpopcorn.4361

This also doesn’t work on the Isle of Janthir server. Not sure what the issue is, but its been like this for a few days. I’ve clicked everywhere near, around, on the catapult and nothing. I get the content disabled message as well. HELP!

Posted by: Deadleaf.1984

Deadleaf.1984

the cattlepault on my server(northern shiverpeaks) no longer works,when i click on the nps it says this content has been temporaraly disabled…everyone else is having the same problem..also the cattlepault itself is no long interactable in any way

Posted by: Branwin.4609

Branwin.4609

For those who don’t know, a cattlepault is a catapult that launches the cattle you may see roaming around from time to time.

Which catapult are you referring to?

Posted by: Metacomet.5832

Metacomet.5832

Didn’t work all day yesterday as far as I can tell. Have found a number of skill point NPC “not at home” — hope they get them fixed soon…

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

For those who don’t know, a cattlepault is a catapult that launches the cattle you may see roaming around from time to time.

Which catapult are you referring to?

there is only 1 cattlepult (which is designed to launch cows…) that may block progress if disabled and that is to the southeast of Moorwatch Tower on Diessa Plateau.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

You don’t talk to Mardine. You wait until he’s done launching the three cows and tells his assistant to go get more and then examine the cattlepult.

Read the label on it and then you’ll have an option to get inside the machine.

What IS broken however is Mardine himself. He’s supposed to be a merchant but that’s been disabled for quite a while now.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

NOPE, still broken. The catapault is entirely not interactable, I’ve waited here a while.

1 Month in, this stuff is still broken… how is this acceptable?

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

NOPE, still broken. The catapault is entirely not interactable, I’ve waited here a while.

1 Month in, this stuff is still broken… how is this acceptable?

Did you finish the event defending the cows from the harpies? You have to do that so he finishes his five experiment launches and then launches three for fun.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

Did you finish the event defending the cows from the harpies? You have to do that so he finishes his five experiment launches and then launches three for fun.

I was just there for over 15 minutes, no event. Even if this event DOES occur, how is it OK to make people wait for an event to complete the map? They intentionally disabled a similar situation in Timberline falls, so they INTRODUCED it here?

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

Posted by: Giliyad.3297

Giliyad.3297

I’m not sure what you consider the “front” but I’m not getting an “Interact” option anywhere around the catapult and the NPC (Mad Mardine) only replies (in red) “That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.” Over three weeks and no fix… hmmm, this does not bode well.

Posted by: EASY.9023

EASY.9023

still not fixed… that is the only Vista missing for world completition. World completition is needed for Legendary weapons… so what to do?

Server: Elona Reach

Its so fluffy Im gonna [DIE]

Posted by: urtv.8791

urtv.8791

catapult works now but you will end up in a loading screen that keeps loading forever

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

It’s active for a few minutes after the harpy events most of the time. So if you camp the spot you should get it sooner or later. I wish that you are on the “sooner” part.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The cattlepult has always worked for me. If you talk to the NPC, you get an error message. If you stand in front of the device, you can interact with it and it takes you to the vista location.

I have tried this on at least three different servers (although none since the patch).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Yes, make sure you’re interacting with the cattlepult and not the NPC. Go to the side opposite of the NPC and stand close to it. You should get an interact message (unless it’s in the middle of the launching event, or it’s well and truly bugged). It’s worked fine on Tarnished Coast when I went by this past week.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Posted by: Avyin.2954

Avyin.2954

The npc to use the catapult to get to the vista is bugged, and when you go to use the catapult it says, “That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.”

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

It’s not bugged. They disabled the betting. You have to do the defense event, then wait until he launches 3 cows, then the catapult can be clicked. I did it yesterday after someone made the same claim as you.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Avyin.2954

Avyin.2954

Thanks for the info i’ll try that out!

Posted by: Artphul.1403

Artphul.1403

Screen Message at Mad Mardine catapult:
“That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later”
on Eredon Terrace 10-8

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You get an error message if you speak to the NPC. However, if you walk to the front of the ’pult, and “interact” with it, it will offer you a “use at your own risk” warning and then send you on your way.

I’ve never had a problem getting this to work (tried it multiple times in several different worlds). However, the trigger point for the ’pult and for the NPC are very close together, so you might have to dance around a bit to get the option.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

No, it does not depend on the event. (At least, I’ve been able to use it 100% of the time.) Just make sure you stand in front of the ’pult and “interact” with it — if you speak to the NPC, you get the disabled-content message.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

A couple days ago I tried to access this tower vista, but the cattlepult was ‘disabled’ (i.e. it wouldn’t let me interact with it).

Since yesterday’s patch, does it work now? Does anyone know?

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

Clicking on the NPC will always give you the “disabled” message. You need to interact DIRECTLY with the cattlepult and it will work.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

@RShara – yes I’m aware that the NPC gives you the disabled message. I’m saying that the cattlepult itself was ‘disabled’ meaning I simply could not interact with it (and others were also complaining about this as well).

So does anyone know if it now works? (fyi I’m in the ‘Henge of Denravi’ server).

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The spot where you have to stand is relatively narrow; there are lots of spots that appear to be farther from the NPC than the cattlepult, but will still give you the error message. Make sure you get the “interact” message.

I’ve been there before, during, and after the harpy event and have always been able to use it to get to the Vista. (I haven’t actually tried while the cows were being fired, though.)

Mira.3681

got it after a server reset – cattlepult was working, yay!

Posted by: Artphul.1403

Artphul.1403

The spot where you have to stand is relatively narrow; there are lots of spots that appear to be farther from the NPC than the cattlepult, but will still give you the error message. Make sure you get the “interact” message.

I’ve been there before, during, and after the harpy event and have always been able to use it to get to the Vista. (I haven’t actually tried while the cows were being fired, though.)

Awesome tip man!! got it!!

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Once the event has finished, speaking with the NPC that fires you up to the vista is disabled – Would be be possible to have an alternative way to get the vista without having to wait until the content is fixed?

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

The NPC only offers a gambling game. That is what is disabled.

When the harpy event is over, and after they shoot the cows (and complete their dialogue), you should be able to directly click on the Cattlepult. You can hold in CTRL to see when the object becomes interactible.

Note that the “event” that triggers getting more cows (disables the Cattlepult while it goes on) often gets itself blocked, and when that happens the Cattlepult is never usable again until the servers are restarted.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: kittentoes.3427

kittentoes.3427

It worked yesterday for me as well. I got the Interact [F] message and splat! I landed on top to get the vista.

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I know, I’ve done that event/vista several times ~ Cattlepult is unclickable, I was just assuming all of that content was disabled ~ so most likely just bugged again.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Ethereal.1782

Ethereal.1782

Not sure if things changed with the recent patches but… When I was trying to do this vista it kept saying the content was disabled. Someone who got up there said to spam F near the catapult and I finally got a load screen to the top of the tower.

Worth a try if it’s still applicable!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Seems like the entire event chain is bugged, so you can’t do this at all.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

1. you need to do event with harpies (protect cows while Mad Mardine does his experiment)
2. wait until he launches the rest of cows “for fun”
3. when Mad Mardine becomes merchant cattlepult is usable for players.
….
Profit!

P.S. server: Seafarer’s Rest, but i’m pretty much sure it works on all/most servers.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

(edited by zbrkesbr.4173)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nah. The guy has been standing there for hours now. No harpies appear at all. The other guy strolls around saying he’s getting more cows, but does nothing and just walks in circles around the cattlepult.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: RShara.3265

RShara.3265

^^

Posted by: waikanae.1420

waikanae.1420

I dont think any amount of spamming “F” near the catapult is going to fix this if the harpy event isn’t working. I spent ages trying this (on Sea of Sorrows) today and yesterday, and it just doesnt work. I think its a case of waiting for a server reset and hoping the event doesnt bug before you get logged on and hit “F”. This has been a problem for some time, surely this can be fixed?

Posted by: Belanna.6150

Belanna.6150

I dont think any amount of spamming “F” near the catapult is going to fix this if the harpy event isn’t working. I spent ages trying this (on Sea of Sorrows) today and yesterday, and it just doesnt work. I think its a case of waiting for a server reset and hoping the event doesnt bug before you get logged on and hit “F”. This has been a problem for some time, surely this can be fixed?

Also on Sea of Sorrows and it’s definitely not working. The event that is required is not triggering at all, with the npc walking around the catapault.

Very frustrating because this is the only thing I need for 100% world completion

Posted by: Sir Twist.9370

Sir Twist.9370

Broken on Aspenwood as of now.

Fix this, or put some floating rocks around the tower so we can get the vista.