Moorwatch Tower Vista Bug[Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: populationcontrol.5072

populationcontrol.5072

Hi all,

After reading some post about this ‘bug’, that said you had to get at it from the eastern side, I went there and tried. The cattlepult isn’t bugged anymore on Fergusson’s Crossing. I can interact with the cattlepult and get to the vista.

However I still get the ‘content disabled’ message from Mad Mardine.

(edited by populationcontrol.5072)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m on ET and it’s not working here. Though, I saw some people talking last night, and someone said they got it earlier? I guess it’s one of those things where if you are lucky enough to get to it after a patch or server restart, it might work for awhile, then it’s broken again?

I guess I now need to say something positive, so I don’t get an infraction, hmm…

Ah!

It’s positively not working!

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

Mardine is bugged too in Baruch Bay. It says that content is disabled and event deosn’t appear.

I only need that view in order to get 100% world, and it’s really frustrating to wait there for hours. Please fix it

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

This is still, or bugged again, on HoD. Content is disabled, catapult is not interactable.

Posted by: Ishmail.5892

Ishmail.5892

Hi – I’m on Isle of Janthir server and my final vista for zone achievement is broken again for the cannon that shoots you up to the vista next to Mad Mardine in the Diessa Plateau in the Blasted Moors. This has been broken on each of the THREE toons I have taken to that zone over the past three weeks to try to fix it.

Please fix. Thank you

Ishmail.5892

Please help – bumping because many in guild are having same problem and asked for help

Posted by: APEGamer.1769

APEGamer.1769

I got this to work last evening. I hung around for the harpy event there, but at no time was I able to launch myself on the cattlepult.

After the harpy event completed, he was still launching cows, but I still couldn’t activate the cattlepult.

I hung around for 4-5 minutes after and then was suddenly able to activate it. I was standing alongside the cattlepult, next to the merchant that was launching the cows.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just checking but did you wait until all the way to the end of the event?
After Mad Mardine says the line “I thought that was obvious. Yeah, go and acquire more cattle.”. Mad Mardine should also show up on the map as a merchant.

Posted by: Scorpion.1286

Scorpion.1286

Posted by: lynxduck.8509

lynxduck.8509

I really need this for map completion, and waited around for 2+ hours and no cow event. Very, very frustrating. Why is it taking so long to fix this bug?

Posted by: Hill.5107

Hill.5107

Aye, you have to be veeeeery patient with this one. Even if you get the “this event/content is disabled…” just wait. When the help goes off to get more cattle, then you can do it. And there must be NO cattle left, if there are, wait for it.

Posted by: Hill.5107

Hill.5107

Have to agree with op. The mech to get to the vista point: e.g the catapult is not bugged.
The minigame is bugged.
As mention in this thread already, you have to be very patient. Only when there are NO cows left and the help (Tigh) have bugged off to get more cows can you use the catapult. It is not selectable before and it will only be selectable until the help (Tigh) returns.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you are getting the content disabled message then you are interacting with the NPC rather than the cattlepult. Move a bit to the side to make sure you are interacting with the cattlepult. Other people interacting with the NPC near you will also trigger that message.

Posted by: Dolf.2945

Dolf.2945

I have exactly the same problem. When will this be fixed?

Posted by: Oreos.2814

Oreos.2814

Sometimes it works if you wait until after one of the events and wait for the NPC’s to finish all their dialog. Once in a while you can interact with the cattlepult and reach the vista. But yes, it is extremely buggy and unreliable. I ended up doing the event six consecutive times before the thing finally worked. I just hope this game will be ready for launch by christmas. It sure feels like it’s still in beta to me.

Posted by: BobTheJanitor.4936

BobTheJanitor.4936

Interacting with the cattlepult itself worked previously, but does not appear to work now. I’ve been able to do it with characters in the past, but if I go back and try now no matter what angle or side I come at it from, I get absolutely no option to do anything with it. Believe me, in the hour I’ve waited around while alt+tabbing back to check for the event that never happens, I’ve had plenty of time to get intimate with every angle of that cattlepult. You can’t activate it. (This could be a per-server issue, so YMMV)

Posted by: Scorpion.1286

Scorpion.1286

Ishmail.5892

Still bugged. I"ve been waiting by the catapult for four hours in isle of janthir. can’t finish zone. please help

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Content disabled on Gunnars Hold, can’t use the cattlepult.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

The only content that is disabled is the betting game he did when launching cow.
The cattlepult isn’t bugged, people’s ability to figure out anything certainly is though

Posted by: Bobby Fizz.5706

Bobby Fizz.5706

Apologies for making you a bit angry and / or lowering your trust in the logic mechanisms of humankind.

If I see “content is disabled” I assume that part of the game isn’t working.

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

Fixed with brief patch just now.

Thanks much Area Net!

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

Posted by: Caeleth.8341

Caeleth.8341

Working like a charm today, just needed to wait for the event and dialogue like it says upthread.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Woohoo!

Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Wirldwide.8046

Wirldwide.8046

1. you need to do event with harpies (protect cows while Mad Mardine does his experiment)
2. wait until he launches the rest of cows “for fun”
3. when Mad Mardine becomes merchant cattlepult is usable for players.
….
Profit!

P.S. server: Seafarer’s Rest, but i’m pretty much sure it works on all/most servers.

This is incorrect. You don’t have to do the event with harpies. Only if that event is happening do you need to stop them. If that event is not happening, you can just try to click the front of the catapult. If it works, great, if not, just wait til Mad Mardine becomes a merchant which will be after he’s finished launching cows.

Once again as I stated in full description of how to get this vista on page one of this message thread, “This is a timed activation launch” to get to the vista point. Which means that the catapult won’t function unless it is at the right time.

If you are having problems with this vista, Read my full description here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Moorwatch-Tower-Bug-Thread-Merged/first#post159844

Posted by: yinfinity.9834

yinfinity.9834

on anvil rock server. when trying to use the cannon, after the harpy event, the message “content has been disabled.” appears. only thing left to complete the area. please fix.

Posted by: Trusouljah.7150

Trusouljah.7150

still bugged on yaks bend!

Posted by: Magnar.5730

Magnar.5730

Try after the other guy goes for more cattle, finally got my last vista

Posted by: Dravyn.2689

Dravyn.2689

Try after the other guy goes for more cattle, finally got my last vista

This worked for me as well.

Dravyn
[SoR] Sanctum of Rall
[LoE] Legend of Elijah

Posted by: Serafer.2198

Serafer.2198

I just did it on Crystal Desert! I waited in front of the cattlepult and click on it right after the merchant tell his assistant to get more cattles.

And the harpies DE happen quite often as well. Around every 30 minutes.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

This content has been temporarily disabled ….

Might be an intended joke, but due to the number of bugs in the game I find it rather hard to laugh.

Took me ages to finally be able to interact with the cannon and get to the vista on the tower in Diessa Plateau.

Also the scaling of siege weapons and ghosts in Blasted Moors is rather off.
As most maps are almost deserted by now, 20 siege weapons and 40 ghosts on a less than 1min respawn (rough guess) don’t seem appropriate when just 1-2 players enter the area.

(edited by xlion.3065)

Posted by: Kagami.3690

Kagami.3690

So it seems to be working according to people reply
I have been waiting for 2 days but the event hadn’t triggered at all….
Is there any server (not full) that is working? I’m in Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: skullcrusher.7849

skullcrusher.7849

Still bugged, content has been disabled
Now i just hope i remember this vista in the future to come back too.

No map completion chest for me

Posted by: Xephens.3217

Xephens.3217

The event started and after killing those harpy’s it said to me that this content was disabled. I waited a few minutes and after all dialogues were cleared i was able to interact with the catapult and got my vista.

Posted by: palmer.6451

palmer.6451

Hi,

when trying to get the moorwatch tower vista when you go to the cow catapult is says the content is temporarily disabled. Its been like this for a couple of weeks any new on when this will get fixed?

Thanks

Posted by: krs.7520

krs.7520

finish the event at the same place and its enabled again, or atleast was for me.

Posted by: palmer.6451

palmer.6451

yeah thanks, worked for me

Posted by: otherworld.4012

otherworld.4012

Anyone else who reads this, you just have to click on the actual contraption and it’ll send you to the tower.

Posted by: Luffy.5210

Luffy.5210

is Moorwatch Tower Vista bugged or intentionally disabled??

Its been over a month and this message keeps popping up when i tried to talk to the NPC

“This content has been temporarily disabled. please try…..”

Posted by: ernbrecht.3087

ernbrecht.3087

The vista works fine, I got it twice in the last couple of weeks. You don’t have to talk to the NPC.

“I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!”
— Hoban Washburn

Posted by: Qliyo.7951

Qliyo.7951

It’s out of order.

Red text keep comming up.

“That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later.”

Been this way for about 2 weeks. Can’t get 100% world completion.

Posted by: nohayniunnick.7246

nohayniunnick.7246

You have to talk with the NPC when he is a seller, because there’s a moment when he’s talking with someone and you have to wait till he stops, the he becomes a seller.

Posted by: Suzy.7084

Suzy.7084

I don’t know if this has been addressed before but the quest for the vista near The Blasted Moors’ in Diessa Plateau is bugged it says the content is temporarily disabled… so I can’t reach that vista and finish the map…. ): from blackgate server.

Posted by: Aldawg.5980

Aldawg.5980

I have the same problem on Northern Shiverpeaks server. I also switched to another server to try it there and it was also disabled (it may have been Darkhaven that I switched to, but I am not positive). I am nearing completion of exploration, so hopefully this could go back up soon

Posted by: Goel.9127

Goel.9127

Same issue here – all I need to complete the zone.

A workaround for the short-term if the catapult is bugged would be to allow the guards at the tower to teleport players up to the top.

80 Guardian
Founder, “Free Buff Movement” [BUFF], BG

Posted by: Qliyo.7951

Qliyo.7951

Still the same red text when he is a vendor.

Posted by: Grimm.7265

Grimm.7265

Same issue here at Augury Rock. Event is bugged and we can not talk to mad mardine to launch us to the tower.

Posted by: Tenebram.8975

Tenebram.8975

add Henge of Denravi to the list as well cant talk to mardine and the catapult keeps playing the launch sound but it doesnt actually do anything and cannot be interacted with

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

the catapult isn’t disabled, and you don’t need to talk to mad mardine. the disabled content is a gambling game that used to be there.

to get to the vista, you need to complete the harpy event that happens at the catapult. after the event, a few cows are shot at the tower, then mad mardine’s assistant leaves to find more. this is when you can use the catapult to get to the vista

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: FedaykinPT.5364

FedaykinPT.5364

Hi,

It’s been awhile now that I’m checking this vista to see if i can complete it.

I try to interact with the Cow Cannon, southeast of the vista, but to no avail.

Server is Gandara.

Best Regards,
Fedaykin