Mordrem Invasion Broken [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I thought anet was actually moving forward in this, having used the event reward system in Silverwastes (every event pops a reward box) I am somewhat unsure why they have neglected to follow this route for this event.

Surely being rewarded 1 token per event (maximum is going to be what 20? per event) is far better than having to build up to 10 stacks of whatever -oh dw guys if you dc or have to log out in the middle of it, you get no rewards!

I really don’t understand why Anet thinks it’s okay to assume that people will stay connected when there are threads upon threads in this forum that are to do with;

DC AT TEQ NO REWARD
DC AT VINEWRATH NO REWARD
DC HERE. TY FOR WASTING MY TIME
GAME CRASHED KITTENOFF NO REWARDS

- I mean I understand they want to prevent people event hopping like in silverwastes.. but having this buff just encourages it.. so.. -

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Mordrem Invasion Update:

We know that some of you are experiencing issues with the Mordrem Invasion Event. A few notes:

• The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, which will be rolled out as soon as possible.
  • Once this is live, we anticipate future incursions of the Mordrem will take place as planned, and rewards will be given as intended.
  • Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

Thanks for your patience as we work on the resolution of this issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

Mordrem Invasion Update:

• Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time this to happen.

I hope the NPC that exchanges the blooms will still be there after those “several days”

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

• Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time this to happen.

Does this mean the vendors will stay around after the event is over in case it takes longer for us to get the rewards?

Being patient, just want to know what to expect. Thanks for the update.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Mordrem Invasion Update:

I hope the NPC that exchanges the blooms will still be there after those “several days”

And that is an excellent question! Thanks for asking — I’ll see what I can find out.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: egzius.9031

egzius.9031

You’ll get your blooms, but gl spending them. GJ ANET, simply gj.

Previous

Gaile Gray

New information:

The NPC will remain, so you will be able to exchange your blooms.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: sandstrom.5938

sandstrom.5938

Mordrem Invasion Update:

And that is an excellent question! Thanks for asking — I’ll see what I can find out.

I really hope the merchant stays in LA, the most expensive item costs 10g + blooms, I would bet most of the new players don’t even have a couple of gold. It’s hard for a new player to gather 10g over four days

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

More importantly, is it more than 5? 5 takes… 90 events for a 480 amount of blooms, which is all day every day of the event — with no other rewards (no gold, exp, karma, random drops)

Posted by: Kitiara.2706

Kitiara.2706

I got a reward for the first event in Brisban but it was only 5 blooms and a single chest when I had 14 stacks of the buff. Is that working as intended or a part of the bug?

I would really like to know that, too.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

just wondering – was the 5 bloom reward intended? if so, the event is badly designed, and if not – will those who only got 5 blooms get the number intended?

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

It has historically taken Anet an average of 2 days to completely fix every rolled out open world event in GW2, especially bugs of this type (Remember the living story missions?). This event only lasts 5 days. I don’t know how long I’ll want to do this event on credit though, especially when I, quite frankly, don’t trust the bank to keep an accurate tab of my earnings. I mean, honestly, if there is a bug and that bug is preventing us from getting rewards but no one knows why the bug exists, how can you actually say with any certainty that we’re going to receive credit for our actions? I guess “aware of the issue” and “working on a fix” technically mean that someone knows what is going on, but they’re also buzzwords that I’ve heard a million times and have not always meant what those words actually mean.

I just don’t know that Anet can be trusted to fix this event quickly enough to justify participation. If this is fixed in the next couple of hours then I guess I have nothing to worry about, I just find it hard to believe that it will be. At least the living world stuff was around for two weeks.

(edited by Xeno Mezphy.3145)

Posted by: Brian.2103

Brian.2103

i feel bad for the people with jobs that wont be able to get pretty much any of the rewards since 5 seems to be the cap

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

I simply wont do the event if theres no info on updating the fact we dont get any kind of exp/karma/drops, and keep it at 5. I dont want to spend 90 hours to get toxic set, over 4 days. Thats an unrealistic amount of playtime.

Posted by: childhoodtwo.7095

childhoodtwo.7095

The 5 blossom reward for the time spend doing this thing is uber crap.(and that is if you get reward at all).I got 1 time blossoms and didnt get any other.

Posted by: Amaris.9135

Amaris.9135

More importantly, is it more than 5? 5 takes… 90 events for a 480 amount of blooms, which is all day every day of the event — with no other rewards (no gold, exp, karma, random drops)

When I saw that reward, and saw that everyone who was able to get one on my map and when browsing through the forum… I decided to give up on this event. Barely any reward, if you want to farm it, countless gold would be wasted on teleporting around with no small compensation from events (at least SW gives you exp/karma/silver!). The mobs not dropping anything is stupid, but I understand it, seems similar to the way they handled things in SW. But for the love of god, if the mobs don’t drop anything, at least give exp reward and some bonus for each event like SW/Dry Top does!

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Yeah, the number of blossoms you get needs to be bumped WAY WAY up. It’s impossible for just about anybody to get the top rewards at the rate we’ve seen. I mean, a nice thing about Guild Wars 2 has been that big goals have been attainable by people who can’t play for 8-10 hours a day. You should at least be able to get ONE of the potions if you can only play for 4 hours a day if you grind enough mordrem events.

Not to mention that low rewards will drive a ton of people away, which makes it almost impossible to complete 10 events, let alone more.

Posted by: Othos.7830

Othos.7830

Has the event issue been resolved yet?

Posted by: DynamicMastermind.8543

DynamicMastermind.8543

New information:

just wondering – was the 5 bloom reward intended? if so, the event is badly designed, and if not – will those who only got 5 blooms get the number intended?

It will take 90 hours in a 94 hour period to get the highest reward. With how obsessed some become with MMO’s I’m sure some poor kid is going to get really sick or worse by staying up way too long and trying this. It’s not like people literally die from gaming exhaustion all the time. not at all.

They really need to fix the rewards to make this worth it, especially considering it likely wont work right till day 3.

There needs to be an answer or update to this because regardless of the likely hood or not, The fact that the possibility of this even exists is really irresponsible and poorly thought ou t.

Posted by: Jaquento.5384

Jaquento.5384

Mordrem Invasion Update:

We know that some of you are experiencing issues with the Mordrem Invasion Event. A few notes:

• The team is aware of the issues and is working on a fix, which will be rolled out as soon as possible.
  • Once this is live, we anticipate future incursions of the Mordrem will take place as planned, and rewards will be given as intended.
  • Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

what about those that had disconnets? i had 3 on the 2nd event, and the last one about a minute before timeout…

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

This type of bug makes me wonder how bad HoT is going to be bugged. I mean if you can’t get a simple 5 day event right, how are we to trust you with a paid expansion? I already dread the days/weeks/months to get those fixed in HoT. This is compounded by the number of bugged traits remaining since the balance patch months ago.

So for a 5 day event it make take several days to see some unknown amount of rewards? I think I’m with the rest of the folk and will skip the events and do something meaningful with my time. Unrewarding temporary content is simply a waste of time.

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

@ Gaile Gray.6029:

I truly hope this is the case I did all the events and got nothing

Event 1 14 stacks
Event 2 16 stacks
Event 3 15 stacks

pretty sure I would be in for silver/gold with that amount of effort

Fingers crossed.

Posted by: duckegg.6318

duckegg.6318

So is it a 5 token limit or is that a bug to?

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

12+12+13 no rewards no blooms nada

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

Posted by: signarokkaos.4035

signarokkaos.4035

Yeah with the fact that its going to take an insane amount of farming just to get the one item I did want then im done. I get the rewards are good and not meant to get all of them but come on 90 hrs in 5 days is insane.

Kelida

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Mordrem Invasion Update:

So….are we really suppose to be getting only 5 blooms after each event when it doesnt bug out?

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

Does this mean the event is on halt until the issues are resolved?

Posted by: RaniahDarkRaven.4637

RaniahDarkRaven.4637

Did the event on the Brisban Wildlands map, 7 stacks but got nothing. Then finished the whole even from start to finish on Kessex Hills, 12 stacks and STILL nothing. Dissapointed. Will probably not even get those rewards for that. I don’t know how Anet keeps track of your rewards, do I have to put in a bug report?

Posted by: WyvrnRipsnarl.5918

WyvrnRipsnarl.5918

New information:

So I assume there will be others ways to get Mordremoth Blooms after the chain of events? (Into HoT)

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Kind of sucks that this event was directed at the new players, probably to show what they can do with events a as live content. And it went live so broken.

Let’s hope it’s going to be extended by a day or so to compensate the broken event rewards.

I had plan a server gathering for the events tonight with our wvw guild, so let’s hope it’s fixed by then.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

Posted by: OutOfMyMind.9613

OutOfMyMind.9613

Just wondering what a “normal” reward for these events are. Reason is I got 5 blooms and a chest for each zone. If this is “normal” (non-bugged) than it is far from worth spending 30 minutes to do.

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

I really, really hope that it will be 5 blooms/event participation. Otherwise thanks for nothing Anet… no chance that I’ll waste more of my time on this limited time event :S Too bad that after months without living world content, you guys managed to come out to live servers with only this.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

New information:

Okay, awesome, follow-up question.

Can you all give us some idea of what we should be getting per event?
At least in terms of blooms?
As it is I have no idea what I need to do to get enough blooms, I’d hate to play it anyway for the weekend and then fall short because the events weren’t giving as many as we thought.
I can kinda sorta keep track if I have to if I at least know what it’s supposed to be giving me.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Gabi.6985

Gabi.6985

that’s what happen when all developers are “busy” with HoT and let Trainee do the coding of their new “event”. lol sorry for that bad joke !

Posted by: Make Rye Known.6273

Make Rye Known.6273

For anyone asking about the Blooms, the buff states that as you do more events you will be better rewarded, so I think the people who got 5 blooms where rewarded as if they had only done one event in the 30 minute timer.
Would be nice if we could get some clarification on this though:b <3

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

We do need to know what the intended rewards are. 5 blooms for 30 minutes is too low.

And the gold required is way to high for your new f2p people. Even one gold is a stretch for them. They are going to go to those maps, struggle to get enough blossoms with their low dps and no waypoints and then hit the gold barrier. I can’t imagine a more discouraging way to set the events up for them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: nihavel.6592

nihavel.6592

Just wondering what a “normal” reward for these events are. Reason is I got 5 blooms and a chest for each zone. If this is “normal” (non-bugged) than it is far from worth spending 30 minutes to do.

I think was intent like SW reward system.
If you do an event you have some token.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I assume it was supposed to be 5 blooms + the amount of stacks you have.

This would prevent people from AFK farming the event, and people who run around like crazy get more.

So if you got 12 stacks, you would get 5+12 in the end, which is nowhere near as bad as just straight up “5”

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: AlphaWolf.2709

AlphaWolf.2709

@ Gaile – I <3 you so much….but this is really unacceptable.

It has become a normal occurrence with ANET to released bugged events, items, and patches. Is there no QA team at ANET? Also, 5 blooms per 30 minutes? 90 hours to get the top tier of reward with no other rewards? It’s almost offensive if this is what you guys intended, especially for us veteran players who work full time. On top of this all, your response “this could take several days” the event only lasts 4 days… how long does ANET expect us to play unreliable content. Sadly, I’m starting to wonder if I should have waited a month or two after HOT is dropped before I spent $100 on it. Here’s to hoping things get better!

Posted by: Null Shock.3745

Null Shock.3745

What happened to playing a game just for fun. Yea, the event is bugged, but if you don’t focus on that and focus on running the event with friends, the whole point of MMOs and their events. The loot is just an added bonus, a little motivation for people to team up and participate in the event. I honestly just enjoy the game. That is my opinion anyway.

Also coding is complex, your code can behave in unpredictable ways if you make the tiniest error, and sometimes finding even the most simple problems and patching them can be a huge pain in the kitten .

Oh and how do they keep track? Same way they keep track of the daily event completion daily, the code tracks how many events you completed on a certain map, as well as the type of event, maybe. . . I am not sure, but Skill point or Hero point or whatever “events” do not count. Hope that helps eases some minds, though I may be wrong, I do not now how they handle stuff like that, but if they say everyone will get what they earned, then I assume that tracking bit is not bugged, just the blooms. And the few who are not going to participate because it may take them awhile to get their blooms from earlier, they may fix the problem today, and you will just get today’s earnings in a few days.

I dunno, I will be on later, I will be running the events then. If you are on maguuma server, see you there.

Null

Xeno Mezphy.3145

Anet will never tell you the intended awards of anything. They never have and they never will. It’s probably just a safety net for them in case there is another bug and is actually one of the more reasonable PR decisions they’ve made. Their unwillingness to explain their lack of response (in most cases) is one of the least reasonable choices they’ve made. They really will just let us make up our own conclusions all day.

Xeno Mezphy.3145

Oh and how do they keep track? Same way they keep track of the daily event completion daily, the code tracks how many events you completed on a certain map, as well as the type of event, maybe. . .

Yeah, and there is a bug in the code for this event. That bug is preventing people from getting their rewards. How can you possibly assure me that the bug that is preventing me from getting rewards will not prevent Anet from proving that I was present to receive those rewards?

I get daily event rewards. I’m not getting these. There is a problem somewhere and I have no reason to believe it is after the “mission accomplished” trigger but before the “reward output” trigger. And you definitely lack the frame of reference to assure me otherwise, as you yourself pointed out.

(edited by Xeno Mezphy.3145)

Posted by: Null Shock.3745

Null Shock.3745

I have been playing for around a year and this is the first time I have seen a bugged event, though I could have just been off doing my own thing, and missed them. Though there is a small bug I found in the Asura home instance, walk behind/or the sides of one of the sets of stairs that lead up to the Belcher’s Bluff NPC, and you will auto-wipe. Kind of like that “Gift” from Scarlet. I wonder if it is still there. . .Not a big deal if it is though.

Null

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

This is just another example of why you shouldn’t tamper with tried and true method of delivering rewards with some goofy buff/reward system.

Make the mordrem drop the blooms.

Exchange the blooms at the vendor.

Why does it have to be more complicated than that?

Yet time and time again you remove all the loot from foes, and award the loot through some sort of currency exchange system.

Can we just be awarded loot for killing foes again, please?

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Posted by: Archomeda.6472

Archomeda.6472

Oh please, Gaile, what about those who dc at the very last minute and don’t get any credit once it’s over because the stacks are all gone? It just happened the second time in Brisban. I tell you, that map doesn’t like me. I have no issues with the other maps.

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

No dayly map reward and no scaling so far although it’s mention in the Dev-ticker

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted by: Elias.3204

Elias.3204

Just finished running Brisban at 2pm. Still bugged. =(

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

13 no reward. 11 server crash after the laggiest experience I’ve had in ages on this game (the game continued running, I could see players running into walls, then huge rubberbanding as the server caught up before it eventually crashed after a few minutes of that). Am I going to get rewards for both those sets? And if so what?

5 blooms?

Or is it 5 × 13 and 5 × 11?

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

ArenaNet should start thinking about casual players. There was no event for 7 months and now they release a short event with very low drop rate where a good reward costs 450 tokens.

A casual player with ~2hours/day has no chance to get at least a top reward in this event. And above this, producer expects me to buy their expansion on my every account. It is interesting the way they think at it.

Posted by: Guildilocks.7239

Guildilocks.7239

Just completed the Brisbane Wildlands invasion, zero rewards received. Many players in map chat complaining of same issue, bug submitted, etc.

Will rewards be retroactively given out once the issue is fixed?