Mordrem Invasion Broken [merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ryld Baenre.7609

Ryld Baenre.7609

Cancel this event, sort it out and roll it out once it’s fixed.

Posted by: Xeno Mezphy.3145

Xeno Mezphy.3145

Just completed the Brisbane Wildlands invasion, zero rewards received. Many players in map chat complaining of same issue, bug submitted, etc.

Will rewards be retroactively given out once the issue is fixed?

That is the claim. Check the red posts. (Not when the issue is fixed, but eventually)

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

People need to know how many Blooms they’re supposed to be getting to know if this event is even worth it. Why isn’t anyone commenting on it?

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

Posted by: Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

are the people who got rewarded a consistent 5 blooms being given more when the rewards are given to those who didnt get anything or are those who got 5 blooms stuck with that and that’s it .

Posted by: Dumat.1479

Dumat.1479

I had 24 stacks of buff and got 5 + 15 blooms. Is this how it supposed to be?

Posted by: Dax.7250

Dax.7250

So, are we sure that we are going to get every blossom we should have if the events would have worked properly? Opposed to get a generic reward to everyone that have participated.

Because this is the difference between keep playing the events or stop wasting my time on then.

Posted by: denker.4789

denker.4789

People need to know how many Blooms they’re supposed to be getting to know if this event is even worth it. Why isn’t anyone commenting on it?

Because it’s bugged and therefore the amount of blossoms you get probably aren’t right either. We can’t know what was intended until it’s fixed c: so give it time.

Xeno Mezphy.3145

So, are we sure that we are going to get every blossom we should have if the events would have worked properly? Opposed to get a generic reward to everyone that have participated.

Because this is the difference between keep playing the events or stop wasting my time on then.

Mordrem Invasion Update:

• Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

So, certain? No. Supposedly? Yeah. In fairness, I am a horrible cynical skeptic.

(edited by Xeno Mezphy.3145)

Posted by: Null Shock.3745

Null Shock.3745

Oh and how do they keep track? Same way they keep track of the daily event completion daily, the code tracks how many events you completed on a certain map, as well as the type of event, maybe. . .

Yeah, and there is a bug in the code for this event. That bug is preventing people from getting their rewards. How can you possibly assure me that the bug that is preventing me from getting rewards will not prevent Anet from proving that I was present to receive those rewards?

I get daily event rewards. I’m not getting these. There is a problem somewhere and I have no reason to believe it is after the “mission accomplished” trigger but before the “reward output” trigger. And you definitely lack the frame of reference to assure me otherwise, as you yourself pointed out.

I was just trying to give some examples of what could be wrong, and how they could do something, so maybe people would worry >as much< and just enjoy the game. I could be wrong. I also could be wrong about the hostility I am getting from you. Though that could just be how I read it, but that last really came off that way to me, though I could be reading into it too much. I don’t know. . . We are both in the dark, I just tried to light a match, that’s all. I didn’t want to start a flame war or a debate. I am not feeling well, I think I caught a cold from my brothers kids. So the only thing I want to do now is sleep. . .I can barely think straight. . .So I may not reply until later if a reply is warranted.

[Asking in a friendly manner, to see if we share any common interests.] Do you code at all? Linux user? I code and have two Linux rigs, nothing special. My Laptop runs Debian, and my old desktop runs Gentoo at the moment. I need to boot that thing up, it’s been a while. Though I have been meaning to visit some of the other distros I have worked with to see how much they have changed. I have been thinking about starting a guild of coders, or Linux users. if I do, it would be fun to run dungeons and talk shop. Talk shop? . . .I need a nap.

Null

Posted by: Kerchu.1906

Kerchu.1906

please expand on how rewards scale and what is the daily bonus, i can’t just farm 2 days blindly

Posted by: DonPiantissimo.1980

DonPiantissimo.1980

Because it’s bugged and therefore the amount of blossoms you get probably aren’t right either. We can’t know what was intended until it’s fixed c: so give it time.

We CAN know it, people who have been involved in making the very system are here in these forums, and we can know it if they tell us. And I know they probably won’t, but they really should in this case because the event is for a limited time, so people who want these rewards may have to play during the time the event is not fixed on faith alone (or worse, the rewards could be bugged throughout the event and they would just be given retroactivelly).

Maybe the events will give 5 blooms. Maybe they will give a million blooms. Maybe it will be possible to gain blooms after these events, maybe it’s a practical joke and there was no reward the whole time. Whichever the case is, it doesn’t matter, the reason people should know now is to know whether they are wasting their time or not to plan accordingly, it’s a simple matter of the game respecting your time.

I know some will brush this off, but we are not time wasters, some of us have school, some of us have work, some of us have tests currently at our university (me) and we would like to spend some of our time on the game we like, but we would like some information because our time is really important and we would like to plan things out.

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Is it intended that we gain No Karma, and no XP off the events and the mobs?
That makes the no reward even more infuriating to be honest (even if we will gain the rewards retroactively)

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

Posted by: Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Mordrem Invasion Update:

• Those who earned rewards and did not receive them will be given their rewards. This could take several days, so please allow time for this to happen.

So, certain? No. Supposedly? Yeah. In fairness, I am a horrible cynical skeptic.

uhh.. their punctuation and wording kinda makes it hard to understand, so for those who earned the constant 5 blooms will get more as well ?

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

Really fudged this one up :/

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: beowulff.1589

beowulff.1589

Kind of sucks that this event was directed at the new players, probably to show what they can do with events a as live content. And it went live so broken.

That’s what I thought, supposedly aimed at level 18 characters. But then why are we expected to follow the event through 3 different maps? Level 18 characters can hardly be expected to have all the waypoints on one of them unlocked, let alone all three of them. We had made sure our new characters that our guild had started last week to play with a new member had Kessex Hills unlocked, only to find out the event (when it finally started) was taking place in Brisban Wildlands… Another design flaw, if you ask me.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It would be ignorant according to the math to only reward five per every half hour. If we consider that people will play on average for two hours factoring in eight hours of sleep, eight for work, and eight for leisure, and surely some of that will be spent at church, friends, relatives, and shopping, unless of course Anet only wants children to make up the slack for hours on end over the weekend.

Posted by: denker.4789

denker.4789

We CAN know it, people who have been involved in making the very system are here in these forums, and we can know it if they tell us. And I know they probably won’t, but they really should in this case because the event is for a limited time, so people who want these rewards may have to play during the time the event is not fixed on faith alone (or worse, the rewards could be bugged throughout the event and they would just be given retroactivelly).

Maybe the events will give 5 blooms. Maybe they will give a million blooms. Maybe it will be possible to gain blooms after these events, maybe it’s a practical joke and there was no reward the whole time. Whichever the case is, it doesn’t matter, the reason people should know now is to know whether they are wasting their time or not to plan accordingly, it’s a simple matter of the game respecting your time.

I know some will brush this off, but we are not time wasters, some of us have school, some of us have work, some of us have tests currently at our university (me) and we would like to spend some of our time on the game we like, but we would like some information because our time is really important and we would like to plan things out.

Yea. It’s the end of the world. If it takes a very long time they will probably expand the length of the event. We don’t know that, but for the time being we just have to wait. Maybe those who works on it right now won’t get any sleep because they want to make us happy and then all we do is complain. All I say is, give it time. Correcting a fault in a big game can take a very long time or maybe just a few hours. Who knows? We dont, so better to spend our oxygen on something else c:

Xeno Mezphy.3145

uhh.. their punctuation and wording kinda makes it hard to understand, so for those who earned the constant 5 blooms will get more as well ?

And that is why I tend to be so frustrated with Anet’s PR style. I’ve got no more info to offer than they themselves offer.

Posted by: RaniahDarkRaven.4637

RaniahDarkRaven.4637

Are we really surprised? It’s taken some people years to get a legendary, so why would they make this event easy? No they want you to spend all day everyday on this game, grinding it out, to get anywhere. Casual players have no spot in the game, too bad. I spend a TON of time on here, and feel like I get no where. They better change this soon, or people will stop playing and not see the point. Shame cause it IS a good game.

Xeno Mezphy.3145

I was just trying to give some examples of what could be wrong, and how they could do something, so maybe people would worry >as much< and just enjoy the game. I could be wrong. I also could be wrong about the hostility I am getting from you. Though that could just be how I read it, but that last really came off that way to me, though I could be reading into it too much. I don’t know. . . We are both in the dark, I just tried to light a match, that’s all. I didn’t want to start a flame war or a debate. I am not feeling well, I think I caught a cold from my brothers kids. So the only thing I want to do now is sleep. . .I can barely think straight. . .So I may not reply until later if a reply is warranted.

[Asking in a friendly manner, to see if we share any common interests.] Do you code at all? Linux user? I code and have two Linux rigs, nothing special. My Laptop runs Debian, and my old desktop runs Gentoo at the moment. I need to boot that thing up, it’s been a while. Though I have been meaning to visit some of the other distros I have worked with to see how much they have changed. I have been thinking about starting a guild of coders, or Linux users. if I do, it would be fun to run dungeons and talk shop. Talk shop? . . .I need a nap.

If I’m expressing any hostility, it’s simply a byproduct of my frustration with the regularity of this issue. This is something that really truly does happen with 90% of the new world events they put out. My 2 day fix estimate is based on previous experience. I am frustrated that Anet can’t manage to stress test a single one of their open world events. This is about this event though, and not about Anet’s event fixing track record, so I’ll just leave it there. I sincerely didn’t mean to come off as hostile, I’m just super frustrated with this event and Anet’s tendency to soft PR with vague info instead of just being direct. Buzzwords just bounce off my head and give me a headache. We’ll probably get our rewards, but Anet has made sure to be just vague enough that if it doesn’t happen they’re still not exactly wrong.

Also, I don’t really want to give any new people the wrong message. While this does happen basically constantly, they do always fix it (if they say they’re going to). I’ve been playing this game for years and already bought HoT. I expect it to launch as a buggy mess and be fully playable within a week. The expansion will stick around though. This will be gone in 5 days.

I’ve never really delved into Linux, mostly because I hate being wrong and will be wrong for a while. Plus my toaster basically works. I’ve done quite a bit of coding in the past but nothing recent enough to be useful and certainly very little coding with a point. All the languages I know are dumb. I shouldn’t put my eggs into baskets full of holes, I guess. And, again, sorry for any misdirected hostility. I’m probably firing broad shots all over and I guess there are bound to be civilian casualties.

And just one more time for the new people, Anet really does get around to fixing these things. This is a good game and you should play it.

(edited by Xeno Mezphy.3145)

Posted by: FujikoMine.4138

FujikoMine.4138

Have since the event started here I did all waiting fix, five hours here and did not receive anything you can know if it is worth making event or wait until tomorrow … none of ANET tells us what we must do, and like me too other players would like to know thanks ANET.

Xeno Mezphy.3145

So I guess Anet wants us to post the bug reports in here and then they’re posting updates (aka the same info slightly reworded) over here. From that I infer that we’re not gonna get any more red replies in this thread so we should probably stop asking.

Posted by: kanne.8927

kanne.8927

We can’t expect ANet to keep us up to date can we? They obviously are understaffed

Xeno Mezphy.3145

We can’t expect ANet to keep us up to date can we? They obviously are understaffed

They don’t like to post without new information and they won’t have new information until the devs give it and the devs won’t give it until they’ve fixed the bug or it gets worse.

Posted by: FujikoMine.4138

FujikoMine.4138

ok now in Kessess Hill I received 5 mordrem blooms….

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

please fix this.
event 1 = 10 stacks
event 2= 9 stacks

Posted by: Pilgrim DK.5829

Pilgrim DK.5829

3 runs 39 Stack total = 0 Samples

I hope they fix it soon since we loose farm time every hour.

Posted by: DarkMagister.7429

DarkMagister.7429

Wasted 30 min, decided to go do other things.
Now it comes that items will be given.

Maybe it is a good idea to prolong the event for a day, to let those dissatisfied from the beginning still make their rewards?

Posted by: Deroth.1650

Deroth.1650

Is there going to be any addressing or clarification of the way event participation is tracked?

Of the three times I’ve attempted to actively participate the game has crashed part way through two of them, resetting my Invasion Defender stacks. Given the wording of the buff I assume this means my progress is lost. I’ve yet to actually receive a single reward either.

All this combined with not even knowing what the actual rewards are supposed to be is incredibly frustrating.

Posted by: Hyavan.9027

Hyavan.9027

I don’t know how they are going to keep track of who has done what and how many… Unless they do the three areas and try to figure out all the names and the buffs ect in the area to do the event. Is Anet taking notes from Blizzard? Seems like they are. You should up the drop rate, and whatnot… This is a little sad.

Posted by: DonPiantissimo.1980

DonPiantissimo.1980

Yea. It’s the end of the world. If it takes a very long time they will probably expand the length of the event. We don’t know that, but for the time being we just have to wait. Maybe those who works on it right now won’t get any sleep because they want to make us happy and then all we do is complain. All I say is, give it time. Correcting a fault in a big game can take a very long time or maybe just a few hours. Who knows? We dont, so better to spend our oxygen on something else c:

I know I’m not contributing anything with this post, but I would have appreciated if you read the post you were responding to. That response would have been valid for many other posts in the thread. What I ask for there isn’t a fix, it’s not even the time of the fix, it’s information on drop rates. The reason is in the post. “They probably will X” also isn’t helping, the reasoning for that is also in the post.

Posted by: MrNobody.4357

MrNobody.4357

I did a couple of zones and got no reward.

So you want to tell me i should farm blindly, and then hopes that maybe i’ll receive something that will be adequate for what i’ve done…

Well this sounds pretty bad, since the bug is generalized wouldn’t be better to stop the event, fix the bug and restart it later?

Posted by: zonic.5261

zonic.5261

Anet devs you really know what the reward system was about. You implemented it, even if it was… well… badly implemented.

So simply just reply us with the proper information about the drops we will be getting. Or else you will have a failed event on your hands. People wont do stuff on a promise, just does not work that way.

As you are probably aware events dont even rewards karma, gold or experience, so what’s there to do?

Posted by: AtomsOrSystems.9420

AtomsOrSystems.9420

As you are probably aware events dont even rewards karma, gold or experience, so what’s there to do?

I don’t even know if we’ve heard: is this intended, or is it another aspect of this bug? Because I’m really having trouble comprehending an event marketed to new players, that eliminates… every XP reward.

Posted by: Sinthalous.7923

Sinthalous.7923

The fact that this event is on blind faith, that we will be rewarded is crap..I think they should have tested this event before letting it lose on the game.
1*Five days is not long enough for any event. people have to work, school, and other things.
2* test..test…test your events before setting it upon the world..take a note from the book of Warcraft..nothing upsets players more then broken content.
3* don’t ask people to do a broken event, on faith alone..they want answers provide them with something..at lest tell them if this is a waist of time or not.
4*four days of guess work, and no payout, and being told wait a few weeks for that reward, they feel they can gives you is not a valid excuse for anything. Stop your event..fix, and then resume the said event. don’t do fives days of crap, and then guess what you should owe people..it’s like hiring a contractor to fix your roof..and telling him..let me guess how much you should earn for a roof, that a lazy kitten built.
and last 5* people have a right to be upset about this..any one who defends this..with if you don’t like don’t do said event..your the reason why game companies are passing out crap games with micro transactions, and pay to test as A rated games. This kind of crap needs to stop..kitten, it’s your right..you pay for the game..At lest I did..I have a right to kitten out an epic sized charr fit..so should you.

Posted by: Lauriewonnacott.9841

Lauriewonnacott.9841

In defense of ANet: Some of these people’s claims are just silly. First of all, we have no clue if they tested this or not, nor do we fully understand the issue. Let’s not just jump to the conclusion that they just threw it at us. Second, if they say they can and will retroactively give you rewards, they can and will retroactively give you the rewards. They’re not going to escalate this by taking chances and telling us they’ll make amends they won’t make. They almost certainly figured out the problem ages ago – fixing it is the hard part. Presumably that means they are certain that they have and are able to continue to gather all of the data in regards to which events you did, and what your stacks were. If there’s anything they’re likely to screw up in the process of giving us our rewards, it will be that people who did receive 5 blooms will receive that same 5 blooms again. Let’s just take a chill pill and try to ENJOY the event. I don’t honestly understand why any of you would be playing the game if you can’t just enjoy it and get over the fact your rewards might be a few days late.

Duhsziu – Revenant
Polyscia – Elementalist
Mercedene Underfoot – Thief

Posted by: Gia.5791

Gia.5791

11 stacks and no reward.. and after that 14 stacks and 5 blooms…

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

In defense of ANet: Some of these people’s claims are just silly. First of all, we have no clue if they tested this or not, nor do we fully understand the issue. Let’s not just jump to the conclusion that they just threw it at us. Second, if they say they can and will retroactively give you rewards, they can and will retroactively give you the rewards. They’re not going to escalate this by taking chances and telling us they’ll make amends they won’t make. They almost certainly figured out the problem ages ago – fixing it is the hard part. Presumably that means they are certain that they have and are able to continue to gather all of the data in regards to which events you did, and what your stacks were. If there’s anything they’re likely to screw up in the process of giving us our rewards, it will be that people who did receive 5 blooms will receive that same 5 blooms again. Let’s just take a chill pill and try to ENJOY the event. I don’t honestly understand why any of you would be playing the game if you can’t just enjoy it and get over the fact your rewards might be a few days late.

Yeah thats guildwars2 community mentality they all want the highest rewards right after completing one event you wont change that fact.

That said, when a official post say the rewards are gonna be retroactively given then it will and since the npc will stay longer after the event you all should stop QQ about the fews days delay.

Peoples rage everytimes and dont even understand how codes works, anet dont have a test server, thats why we get beta events and then fix as soon as possible.

They cant simply enjoy the game if they are not getting rewards right away and reading all those dramas is way more annoying than playing a bugged event ( which we know its gonna be fixed pretty soon ).

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

(edited by Sinzaku.2980)

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

having patched, I just completed another run of this event.

despite a disconnect which lost me 10 stacks, I persevered, and managed to rack up 7 stacks, with the map achieving 48 events completed

I got nothing.

this fix doesn’t feel so great tbh.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

After update, did 16 events then dc’ed. Came back and did 6 more and got no rewards again. :/

Posted by: ShadoDancer.7401

ShadoDancer.7401

despite a disconnect which lost me 10 stacks, I persevered, and managed to rack up 7 stacks, with the map achieving 48 events completed

I got nothing.

I don’t know, everyone who completed the Brisban Wildlands run I was in got chests that rewarded upwards of 5 for everyone who ran it. But the xp gain and loot drop from the events themselves has still not been resolved.

Posted by: sleight.9638

sleight.9638

Also after patch, had 21 stacks, lost some stacks due to dc. I was tagging with a friend.
he got the rewards I didn’t. this is really upsetting.

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

I got nothing.

I don’t know, everyone who completed the Brisban Wildlands run I was in got chests that rewarded upwards of 5 for everyone who ran it. But the xp gain and loot drop from the events themselves has still not been resolved.

well, I’ve checked and I didn’t get any blooms. many people did, but I saw a number who didn’t.

the issue’s smaller, not gone.

Posted by: Moonless Midnight.1360

Moonless Midnight.1360

Patched and DCed losing some stacks. Managed to get a stack or two back before the event ended and still no chest with anything.

Did this patch really fix anything?

Posted by: Kedioran.2154

Kedioran.2154

Played Brisban Wildlands
Map got 44 Events done
i had 29 events done
Reward: 10x blooms (for map i think) and 25 blooms + Chest (for own events)

Posted by: shadowshift.5320

shadowshift.5320

Game hanged and required to be killed by task manager. Lost about 12 stacks, but gained 2 stacks after logging back in. No rewards were given.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Same as many . post patch, Dc’d again losing the stacks Id built, came back to an empty map as I wasn’t running with anyone, so zero rewards AGAIN.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

Will we be able to get the rewards that we lost from dc’ing or are we just playing at the mercy of the servers?

Posted by: Brian.2103

Brian.2103

any word if there gonna get an extention of event time i really think this should last for a week atleast

Posted by: ShadoDancer.7401

ShadoDancer.7401

I got nothing.

well, I’ve checked and I didn’t get any blooms. many people did, but I saw a number who didn’t.

the issue’s smaller, not gone.

Yes, as far as I can tell the similarities between those who did not get chest reward were those who DCed after getting a fair amount of stacks.