Mouse clicking movement

Mouse clicking movement

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wolfxten.5431

Wolfxten.5431

I’ve recently discovered that when i try to click and drag the screen to rotate the camera while running it would not perform this function. When the running animation completely stopped i was them able to rotate the camera by clicking the screen and dragging. Is there some way to fix this. I have tried restarting the game and the computer but the result is the same. I have also tried editing the camera settings too but no luck either way.

Mouse clicking movement

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

While running, are you attempting to rotate the camera with the left mouse button or the right mouse button?

You said you changed the camera settings, but they didn’t help. Are you sure you tried to enable the “Use Free Camera” option?

Having the “Use Free Camera” option un-checked forces the camera to reset behind your character upon movement. I’m not certain, but I think that it would be constantly forcing the camera to lock behind your character while you are moving, thus preventing you from running in one direction, and using your left mouse button to look around you.

Try enabling that option to see if you can now rotate your left mouse button view camera while moving.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

i did try that but saddly the results are the same.

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

I’ve done some more testing and it seems like the left click button is completely useless while running. It loses its whole function as a left click button. i can’t click to target or click for ground targeting. This is frustrating.

(edited by Wolfxten.5431)

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

Can you check if you are able to hit your ‘auto-run’ key (so that you are not holding a key down to run) and are able to rotate your camera while moving.

One cause might be that may need to update/re-install your drivers for your mouse.

Mouse clicking movement

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

There are 3 ways to move your character in gw2
keyboard only, not recommended, extremely slow.
right mouse button down and mouse move + keyboard, preferred way to move (standard for most games)
right and left mouse buttons down and mouse move; holding the right mouse button down allows for camera movement, holding the left mouse button down at the same time allows your character to move forward (only).

If you have ‘free camera’ option on your character will move independently of the camera direction. With ‘free camera’ off your character is locked in the direction of the camera.

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

I am able to rotate the camera while auto running. Yes I know free camera doesn’t fix the camera behind the character but even so i was still able to rotate the camera to look around. I do like the camera being behind the character.

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

is it weird that even outside of gw2 that if i hold down a key such as “w” and try to click on something else it doesn’t work like switching between tabs on a browser or even hitting the post button here?

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

Ah, this might be a Windows Sticky Keys/Filter Keys issue where key presses/input from mouse may be ignored if too many keys are pressed at the same time.

Perhaps your keyboard and mouse are only allowing so many keys to be pressed at one time before it ignores additional input (many keyboards are known to do this with many games due to a setting in Windows).

You may want to check your ‘sticky keys’ and ‘filter keys’ keyboard settings to see if it is configured to ignore additional input.

I recommend completely disabling all aspects of Sticky Keys and Filter Keys to see if this helps with the problem since it does seem to be related to Windows and not just GW2.
Let me know if this helps get rid of the problem.

Sticky Keys Settings
Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/access_stickykeys_settings.mspx?mfr=true

Windows Vista/7:
http://etc.usf.edu/techease/4all/input-devices/how-do-i-use-sticky-keys-in-windows-7/#html

Windows 8:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windows8/change-keyboard.aspx

Filter Keys Settings
Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/access_filterkeys_settings.mspx?mfr=true

Windows Vista/7:
http://etc.usf.edu/techease/4all/input-devices/how-do-i-use-filter-keys-in-windows-7/#html

Windows 8:
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/training/windows8/change-keyboard.aspx

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

Sorry it does’t work. I found where sticky and filter keys were and disabled them but it still does not allow me to hit another key and use the mouse at the same time. Just to make sure i disabled the option that could activate sticky keys and filter keys by pressing a key. Still it doesn’t work.

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

Hmm.
What mouse/keyboard are you using?
Did you already re-install the mouse/keyboard drivers?
Maybe one of the ports is not functioning properly. Have you tried plugging the mouse/keyboard into different USB ports to see if that helps?

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

Well I’m using a laptop soo i don’t think i can re-install the drivers. Is there a way to do it with laptops?

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

What is the model of your laptop? I’ll see if I can dig up anything on it that can help.

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

Couldnt get the actual name but it is a Dell intel® core™ i3-2350m cpu @ 2.30ghz

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

I found several models that have those specifications. There should be an inset sticker on the bottom of the laptop that says the model number. It’s likely an N5050 or another ‘N’ model.

Do you happen to have an external USB mouse to attach to a USB port to see if that functions properly? This could help narrow down the issue.
Or are you already using an external USB mouse instead of the touch pad to play?

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

It is inpiron 3520 and no i do not use an external mouse. I just use the touch pad.

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

As that laptop is available with Win7 or 8 as well as 32-bit and 64-bit, just to be sure, are you running the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Windows 7 or Windows 8 on it?

Holding the Windows Key and pressing the ‘Pause|Break’ key will open your system properties where it will say what version/bit you are using.

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

64 bit on windows 8

Mouse clicking movement

StinVec.3621

After doing some more digging, I found that apparently many have reported touchpad/button issues on Win8 with the Win8 drivers. They’ve also reported the issues being fixed by removing the Win8 drivers and installing the Win7 drivers. Even some Dell techs recommend using the Win7 drivers…which I actually found kind of funny/sad that they don’t even have faith in their own official Win8 drivers. Hopefully these will help and will fix the problem.

First:

Then:

• Hold your Windows Key and press the ‘Pause|Break’ key to open system properties.
  • Click on ‘Device Manager’ in the top left.
  • Click the drop-down arrow next to “Mice and other pointing devices” (or just “Pointing Devices”)
  • Right-click on the “Dell Touchpad Driver” and then click “Uninstall”.
  • Click OK to confirm.
  • Restart your laptop
  • Once restarted, execute the driver installer package you downloaded.
  • After installing these drivers, reboot your laptop once again and then see if the issue is fixed.

There have been two more recent driver packages released since these drivers were released, but the Win7 10/2012 are the drivers I see Dell techs referencing users to use. If those drivers do not help, perhaps one of the newer ones will.

If you want to give these a try after the 10/2012 drivers, here are the download links for them. Do the same uninstall, reboot, install, reboot steps as above, but with installing the one of the newer drivers to see if any help fix the issue.

02/2013 (then click on ‘Download File’)
8.1200.101.214,A03

04/2013 (then click on ‘Download File’ in the first panel listing)
8.1200.101.217,A04

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Mouse clicking movement

Wolfxten.5431

Alright I will give it a try. Thank you for all of your help. I would have never been able to get even close to solving this without your help. Thank you.

Mouse clicking movement

Posted by: bellberry.9517

bellberry.9517

Hi, I also have this exact problem! Can’t use right-click camera while moving with keys (or actually do anything with the touchpad/either buttons at all. It’s like they turned off!). I’m on a different Dell laptop though.
I have Windows 8.1 64-bit, and my laptop is the Inspiron 15R SE 7520.

This is apparently my Touchpad driver~ http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15r-se-7520?driverId=FHRG4&osCode=W764&fileId=3166220452&languageCode=en&categoryId=IN

Any thoughts? Should I also attempt to install an older driver? If so, which one?

(edited by bellberry.9517)

Mouse clicking movement

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I have this issue as well; I use a laptops touchpad & when I hold down the movement keys & try to rotate my camera at the same time- it doesn’t work UNLESS I press my space bar which seems to like… ‘okay’ the rotation if that makes sense. But each time I press another key to move, same deal.
Will downloading the info in that link help so I can actually rotate my camera WHILE moving with the W, D & A keys?

Or is it a simpler fix such as going to control panel & digging a little?

(edited by Chasind.3128)

Mouse clicking movement

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I fixed my own issue! I have windows 8 so it was pretty easy. I didn’t have to reinstall anything, just re adjust my settings for touchpad by hitting the:
1) Windows key + X then I pressed P to be brought to control panel-
2) Then at the top right I clicked where it says “View by:” I clicked on Large icons which then showed me every available thing. The one you want is MOUSE. You will then be brought to Mouse Properties.
3)There should be several tabs with a + box beside them, click the one that says “Pointing” then it will drop down & you’ll see “Sensitivity” – the one you want is called Touchcheck or Palmcheck- either way it has a scroll bar when you click on it. Change the scroll bar all the way to the left then hit APPLY.

My issue was that I couldn’t rotate my camera while pressing movement keys & I use a touchpad.
No reinstallation needed! But this is just for people who haven’t checked this option & that is their problem.
This is coming from a girl who doesn’t know jack about computers so I feel pretty accomplished!

(edited by Chasind.3128)