Mouse scrolling (bug since beta!)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

On windows 7 and above, even if you disable “accelerated scrolling” in mouse options from control panel, in GW2 it doesn’t even check this setting and continues to use default controls

Additionally, sometimes when in-game the keyboard layout changes to american keyboard layout instead of your own local set one. Less common but it does happen.

Sometimes people want to scroll fast without having to go mad on the mouse wheel to achieve this.

It would be nice if this bug was fixed.

(in prior windows versions where accelerated scrolling feature doesn’t exist, neither does this bug)

Don’t believe me? try yourself, try to zoom in or zoom out while slowly scrolling the mouse wheel, you will notice nothing happens, no zooming.
There is a slim chance it could be a bug with my Microsoft Confortmouse 3000, but I doubt it as this is a windows setting.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Vashoom.8512

I tested on windows 8 laptop and this bug doesn’t exist. (same mouse)

We would just use XP for GW2 but then it will crash every few minutes when you change zones or partake in a large scale event, again this is another bug which exists since beta as I don’t think GW2 was ever properly tested in XP with popular major brand graphics cards.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’m using Logitech software and do not have any issues, but you may want to check out this link on registry-fixing it: http://www.esreality.com/post/1846538/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix/

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

As for your keyboard layout issue, check out your keyboard layout shortcut in the options. It is most likely set on something like CTRL-SHIFT and sometimes you end up pressing this combination. It will change the keyboard layout to US even if you don’t have it as a valid layout in Windows. I disabled that shortcut and lived happier since.

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Vashoom.8512

I double checked and I don’t have additional keyboard layouts added.. why would I? I only use UK layout.

The mouse scrolling bug and keyboard sometimes changing to US remain, I hope they fix these bugs, I guess many people don’t realize what accelerated scrolling is or have gotten used to it, suffice to say if you disable it, it will have no impact from within GW2.

When they do fix it you will definitely see the difference immediately as it will be far easier/faster to zoom in and out of character or the map.

This bug exists in both my windows 7 pc and windows 8 laptop, so I’m pretty sure it’s not me.

(edited by Vashoom.8512)