Movement stops working sometimes

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

Sometimes my WASD keys do not allow me to move even though I have not been immobilised or suffering from a condition. When this happens I can’t move or double tap to evade.

I can still perform skills by pressing number keys. Using a skill that causes movement such as Guardian Greatsword Leap of Faith usually causes the WASD keys to work for movement again.

It’s not that I have focused on the chat box and I know it’s not my keyboard because I can still click on the chat box and type “w”, “a”, “s” and “d” letters when I get stuck like this.

Posted by: Beastageddon.4037

Beastageddon.4037

This happens to me exactly as you have described. It does not happen very often and I could not say how to replicate it.

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

It makes me look like an idiot – just standing still getting killed.

Happened again last night during Penitent.

OK, I’m going to play with FRAPs running and I’ll try to record a video next time it happens.

Posted by: Alysara.6194

Alysara.6194

I get this too. Doesn’t matter if I am in combat or not, what seems to happen is that when I stop moving for some reason, when I want to start moving again the WASD keys are unresponsive. The only way I can find to correct it is to teleport to a waypoint.

This happens randomly and many days may go by without it happening. It is very annoying though.

Posted by: Sidt.1890

Sidt.1890

happens to me as well sometimes, anything that moves you fixes it though.

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

I have had this a number of times in the last few days.

at first i think its because i’ve gone into chat and expect to see wawwassdda in there, but i’m not.

it stays like that for 5-10 seconds, i still don’t know if there’s something that triggers movement again, as nothing has worked every time.

last time it happened was in WvW and had just destroyed a flame ram in melee range. but it’s happened in PvE a lot too, usually after having just killed something