Multi-hit attacks happening instantly...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

In addition to these two attachments, there’s a skill that Icebrood wolves have (‘leap’ I think) which has two parts. All three of these things, to me, are instant single hits for massive damage. In both cases where I took these screenshots I was downed instantly, once as a guardian with full exotic clerics gear, and one as a necro (I forget what it had at the time). There’s probably more I haven’t noticed as well.

This isn’t something that happens when performance is bad, or there’s any noticeable skill lag, or even just a lag spike in general. It always happens, on particular attacks AI mobs use.

Something here seems significantly broken, as though what’s supposed to be a drawn out attack is combining everything into one single hit. If the combat log displayed seconds, I’m positive these would all occur in the very same one, as there is no time to react at all. One moment I’ll have full health and the next, downed state, then after the moment of invul the same thing happens there and I’m dead. There is literally not enough time from the first hit to my death for these to have happened even one second apart. 100ms perhaps…

Attachments:

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Can you please attach a video link? We are not seeing an issue on Priestess or Champion Risen Wraith. The Wraith has that area attack that will damage over time, but player can stop damage by leaving effect area.

Thank you!

Posted by: Lyana Evrilow.8102

Lyana Evrilow.8102

Concerning that wraith… does he have a max number of targets with his god awful life sucking aoe like we do? Or is it everyone in his path is a target, and he’s way overpowered and it’s gonna just… suck?

Sorry. We had to face him three times today at Grenth, and he went down, eventually, after some well placed life siphoning wells and massive dps… but I couldn’t tell if he had 5 targets, or all targets?

LameFox.6349

Well I finally got some recording to work, though not very well. I didn’t record sound because it was always sped up, and the video itself was initially quite slow, but seems to have returned to normal time when I exported a lower quality version (initially it was like 3GB) for whatever reason.

I decided to test the icebrood wolf first because it’s easy to access: the wraith I’d need to get from Grenth or a highly scaled up shelter’s gate, neither of which happen often when I’m online. I’ll try the priestess next probably, but idk how long it’ll take to find it at that stage. Alternately, I might be able to find a veteran wraith and see if it has a similar function to the champion.

http://youtu.be/ppi1FmkD71k

The thing I’m referring to here is when it does the leap attack, it counts as 2 hits for the same damage. The rest of the time it bites, which are 1 hit each and the damage varies from hit to hit, like usual.

Also – charr footprints are backwards.

LameFox.6349

Okay the Dwayna temple event actually looks broken right now so I’ll just have to look for wraiths.

LameFox.6349

-Wraiths at the Grenth event (veterans + champion) did cast some wells but the damage was ticking at ~1s like normal.
-Shelter’s Gate didn’t spawn a champion wraith, I think there’s too few people (shelter’s is the one that insta-killed me previously).

Curiously, I don’t think even standing in two overlapping wells (not that I found any overlapping this time) would cause what I got before, based on the rate at which one was damaging me at Grenth. This does make me wonder though – is it possible that when scaled up it can cast multiple wells precisely in the same place, so that to me it wouldn’t look like very many?