My Guild Wars 2 launcher isn't initializing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: francisnight.9158

francisnight.9158

So… i started my computer today and when i runned Guild Wars 2, as i did the night before, it didn’t initialize.
I restartet my computer 3 times and it wouldn’t run, i tryed installing it again but this time not even the setup was runnig correctly.
I don’t know what happened but if anyone can help i would appreciate.
Thanks!

Posted by: Gullgotha.2140

Gullgotha.2140

If you are using GEMFX remove it from your guild wars 2 directory and it will initialize and update properly.

Posted by: Lady Vlad.6390

Lady Vlad.6390

I get to the char screen… hit play, the load screen comes up and runs for a second, then suddenly I see my desktop and the screen is flashing.. I can still hear the load screen music in the background, But the comp is frozen and all I can do is shut it down. I have tried 4 times,.. I even tried switching chars to see if it was a problem loading in the pvp zone.. but same thing happened. Help!!

(edited by Lady Vlad.6390)

Posted by: Route.2539

Route.2539

Same problem, Stuck on 0kb download when i tried to redownload the game.

francisnight.9158

If you are using GEMFX remove it from your guild wars 2 directory and it will initialize and update properly.

i was using GEMFX, wt’s the problem with it?
But i already deleted it and, as i said i when i tryed to reinstall the game without GEMFX it it didn’twork!

(edited by francisnight.9158)

francisnight.9158

Same problem, Stuck on 0kb download when i tried to redownload the game.

That’s exactly it!!!

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

fresh install of windows cannot install or patch also see thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/mar16-update-client/first#post4884518

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

francisnight.9158

fresh install of windows cannot install or patch also see thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/mar16-update-client/first#post4884518

The problem isn’t stuck at 99 percent it’s stuck at 0 kbytes at the speed of 0 kbytes

Posted by: Nina.4317

Nina.4317

I had this issu and fixed it: i deleted manually all FX file and all unofficial file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\bin.

Posted by: KatiesAura.5928

KatiesAura.5928

I don’t have install , it wont install stuck on 0KB 0%

I may be your guardian angel but I don’t have the ability to walk through walls

Posted by: Proverbs.3864

Proverbs.3864

I have the same issue. I downloaded the patch, then I logged for a few minutes. Went to log in, got to the character screen and hit enter. Game was flashing between black screen and my monitor.

Only option to get out of that scenario was to ctrl-alt-del. I unistalled and now I am having the same issues. I get to 9544 kb downloaded but then the dl speed goes to 0/0.

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I have the same problem. “Intitializing….” forever.
Removing “d3d9.dll & dxgi.dll” from “Guild Wars 2 \ Bin” directory allows me to load.
So sad the game looks horrible without GemFX… Hope it get’s fixed ASAP!!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Tyneir.2641

Tyneir.2641

So for those of you who can’t delete everything in the bin folders and the downloader is stuck at 0kb with 0kb/s, create a folder called Guild Wars 2 in your x64/x86 (or whatever your x is) program files folder (where the game folder normally would) and move your Setup.exe there from your downloads folder. Rename it to Gw2.exe. This solved the problem for me and a couple of people and is specifically for people trying to download the game rather than update it. I’m not sure why this works but it seems like a pathing error?

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

ok i remove all the files from gw2 dele and when i reinstal with setup i get gw launcher log stuck on black screen it soon as new patch game out it cant get past 1%

tonny.7580

i wonder ifen if devs look ad this becous minner reports every where

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Once you’ve deleted the two .dll, updated the game normaly, reinstalled the two .dll;
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Soluce-Update-SweetFX-Doesnt-work/first#post4889292

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

tonny.7580

the renaming gw2.exe was great idea work for first lauch after didnt work anymore i hope the role out fix soon becous realy one play gw2

tonny.7580

omg realy it seims dev are not loging in this proplem cant ifne play becous game is not loading

Posted by: Austin.2047

Austin.2047

I have the same issue. I downloaded the patch, then I logged for a few minutes. Went to log in, got to the character screen and hit enter. Game was flashing between black screen and my monitor.

Only option to get out of that scenario was to ctrl-alt-del. I unistalled and now I am having the same issues. I get to 9544 kb downloaded but then the dl speed goes to 0/0.

Posted by: HencoWish.1035

HencoWish.1035

I have the same problem as Lady Vlad.6390. When hitting play from one of my characters the map screen is shown as normal but then my screen (desktop) starts to flash and I can’t use gw2 program. Ctrl Alt Del work but I can’t get the mouse into it. Hard rebooting…

Posted by: jules.7968

jules.7968

I’m having this same problem. I just got a new computer over the weekend and it just freezes after downloading 9544kb.

Posted by: Kkatinator.2953

Kkatinator.2953

I’m having this same problem. I just got a new computer over the weekend and it just freezes after downloading 9544kb.

I also had this problem with the 9544 kb (I was trying to download GW2 on a new computer) and I did what Tyneir said and it worked: create a folder called Guild Wars 2 in your x64/x86 program files folder and move the Setup.exe that you downloaded to there. Then rename it Gw2.exe. Then run it from there and it works.