My Neck Disappeared?

My Neck Disappeared?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TheUndefined.1720

TheUndefined.1720

I’ve seen this brought up a couple times, but haven’t found any screenshots posted (nor did I find a dedicated thread). I apologize if this has been posted before, if so please feel free to merge my thread with an existing one!

Ok I’m positive many have noticed when we start running suddenly we start looking a little funny. Well I could never swing my camera around fast enough to see exactly what was happening. Thankfully, laggy LA gave me a few secs to snap this screenshot.

To ANet, this problem seems to happen as soon as the Asuran takes their first ‘lean’ forward into the run, then the head sticks down into the shoulders like a turtle. As soon as I stop running the head will (in most cases) pop up, but it won’t reset the next running animation. Instead the head will pop right back down into the shoulders.

I’ve also noticed this since the beginning of the game. Icky glitch to look at

EDIT Posted an extra screenie of my Asuran standing normally without the no-neck syndrome as a comparison.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Yes I’ve long noticed and frequently reported this since day 1. During periods of lag (ie when sound and animations arn’t fully loaded), your spine ends up about half the height it usually is xD

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Anariel.4809

Anariel.4809

I’m getting the same thing with my baby asura warrior. She compacts her whole body while running and although it’s almost cute, having my toon shrink down like an accordion is kind of freaky to watch. So far none of the other races have had this sort of problem.

Not a good shot but I was trying to capture it while she was running..since it doesn’t seem to occur while standing still. Will try to take another shot of it.

Attachments:

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I have a VERY clear shot :p

Attachments:

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Vyxion.6358

Vyxion.6358

This bug is still in the game.
Seems a part of the belly dissapears too.

Turning my adorable asura into a flattened midget hit by a whack-a-mole mallet.

Very annoying, Arena Net can you fix this?

Attachments:

(edited by Vyxion.6358)

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s from all of those sticks of butter and chocolate bars.

Seriously though, I don’t see the bug or issue. In the OP’s pictures, the first one has him wearing a collared shirt which will hide the lanky neck unlike in the second image. When you run and lead forward, do you look down at the ground or do you look up to see where you’re going? The back shot is what I would expect to see when the npc is looking up. Ryuujin’s is looking a like that because of the angle. The newest post as the character dancing or something since their leg is up and they’re leaning forward.

My Neck Disappeared?

Vyxion.6358

Look at my picture then, you can clearly see the body is heavily deformed :P
I can actually see the neck and belly pop back in while still running when the bug “ends” so its definitly not me seeing it wrong. There’s definitly something going on, as in, a bug.

My Neck Disappeared?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Can you or someone record a video of the glitch rather than screenshots?

My Neck Disappeared?

Vyxion.6358

I made a bunch of screenshots this time. 2 where you can clearly see my Asura schrunk, and 1 where she popped back to normal.

Attachments:

My Neck Disappeared?

Vyxion.6358

Will this ever be fixed?