My character got rolled back yesterday night

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Victoitor.2917

Victoitor.2917

Yesterday I was in Fireheart Rise (1) and my guild decided to do a guild mission. From Fireheart Rise (1) I went to Fields of Ruin (2) to kill a bounty. We kill the bounty and I get my chest. When I´m trying to move to Hearts of the Mist before going to the second location my client crashed and I couldn´t log back in. I checked on reddit and others were having the same problem. Tried a few more times to log back in and couldn´t, so I gave up for the night.

Today I log on and an error came up mentioning that the waypoint I was going to became contested (I was going to Hearts of the Mists when I crashed) and I was reverted back to the closest waypoint. I saw the loading screen for Fields of Ruin (2) and then it changed to the loading screen from Fireheart Rise (1). Then my character showed up in Fireheart Rise (1) where I was before going to the guild mission. When I checked, I did not have the new guild commendations I got yesterday when doing the guild bounty (I also did not have the 2 rares in my bag). I also checked with other guild members and they got their guild commendations and were not rolled back.

Was I the only one rolled back? Can I still get my guild mission chest?

Raimundo Faztudo (Human Engineer) – Current WvW
Mr Tauser (Char Warrior) – Current PvE
[CATZ] – HoD

Posted by: SummerRaine.2975

SummerRaine.2975

I noticed something too. Before logging for the night, I redyed my armor. The next time I logged in my armor was its old color. Very odd.

Posted by: Madangel.1895

Madangel.1895

I had the exact same problem.

I lose all the waypoint/vista/poi visited and some stuff in my inventory.
I was pi**ed off…. i just happen to drop a black lion chest key a couple of minute before :@

(edited by Madangel.1895)

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Same thing happened to me. I did a fractal level 6 (I was level 5). I am still level 5…

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It was an interesting downtime. The entire downtime I was in a FotM 48 and the entire rest of my guild disconnected (except those in the run with me), yet our run was untouched. Needless to say I got garbage anyway, so it wouldn’t have bothered me even if I had been rolled back.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

Same exact thing happened to me. My guild was in the middle of a bounty mission and we had just slain Diplomat Tarban. I opened the chest and got my 2 rares and the comms.We were going to head off to the next bounty in Timberline Falls, but we all ended up getting stuck in the loading screen. Soon after, the client crashes for everyone and no one could log back in for a little while. The downtime wasn’t long, but when I logged back in my 2 rares and comms were gone. So, I have the same question: Can I still get my guild mission chest?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If it rolled back to before you earned your rewards, then yes, you can still get them if you do a bounty again.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

I had the same problem.

I put in a ticket with support, and they said this:

We regret the situation that you wrote about and would like to give you a few details: There was a brief outage with the login server on March 29th that affected a few of our other servers. As a result, some players may have experienced a minor loss of some progression. The dev team has taken a look at the issue, and they confirm that the conditions that caused this situation were very rare and that they do not anticipate that such a thing will happen again. They also confirm that due to the nature of the outage, we will be unable to restore any progression (character, guild, or otherwise) or items lost as a result of the issue.

Which is awesome, because that was the last Guild Bounty we were doing before reset. So much for this week’s commendations…

Posted by: Steambeard.8039

Steambeard.8039

Thanks, Angry. My support contact didn’t provide those details.

I lost my bounty rewards too but there’s no way I’ll have time to do another before reset.