My character is stuck between zones

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pyntseli.3104

Pyntseli.3104

One of my characters is currently stuck trying to switch zones to Lornar’s Pass. It gives Network Error 5:11:3:159:101 after a few seconds and disconnects me. MY other characters are working well and i have tried to guest other servers but it hasn’t worked. How can i a) retrieve my character from this abyss and b) can I ever go to Lornar’s Pass to continue my personal story?

Pyntseli

Posted by: Luxifur.6907

Luxifur.6907

I have the exact same problem with my necro, lornar pass as well. Went for a poi , i think it was the poi in durmand priory. Every time i try to reconnect with my necro, it times out with the network error. Every other character works fine. Tried restarting gw2, and tried the “gw2 -repair” from command prompt.
Arena, please fix this. Or if anyone else has some suggestions, please let us know

Posted by: Jelke.6287

Jelke.6287

the same problem here.

Posted by: Reven.8307

Reven.8307

Same for me. Went from Lions Arch through the Portal to Lornars Pass and got the network error. Can’t log in with this char anymore aswell.

Posted by: Jelke.6287

Jelke.6287

i think it is fixed, i can go back

Posted by: Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

Same problem. I tried the portal from Timberline Falls to Lornar and now my character is stuck.

Luxifur.6907

Just happened to another character of mine… Pretty fresh started guardian, went into black citadel, then bane to continue my story line , and the same crash. Now both my necro and guardian are stuck in this madness.

Posted by: danielllllll.5123

danielllllll.5123

i have the same problem … kitten .

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Me too, from Rata Sum to Lornar’s Pass.

Posted by: meehay.9463

meehay.9463

same problem … from Lion’s Arch to Lornar’s Pass

Posted by: born in black sky.8162

born in black sky.8162

same here ,i got same problem and it is frustrating .

Posted by: mrchips.9154

mrchips.9154

i keep getting this error i tend to find out log out play another char for 30 secs then relog other char but thats beside the point there is an obvious issue and it needs addressing.

not sure if its happening when trying to go to a contested waypoint anyone else found this?

HB Chipper 80 ranger, Bredana 80 necro
BlackGate
http://www.hb-eu.com/

(edited by mrchips.9154)

Luxifur.6907

my necro is fixed now.

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

bumping this….

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Me ele is stuck in Sparkfly fen + more guildies of mine, that could mean that anybody who went for tequatl at reset is screwed. Also heard people having same issue at Grove earlier today and lornars pass. Each got fixed after few hours.

GscGunner.2419

Along with multiple other people i confirmed that guesting another server solves the problem, you will be placed back into the map you were before. You still cant enter the map you got stuck on but you can at least get yourself out.

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

same problem , my main character is stuck in sparkly fen, guesting other server didnt help, this needs a hotfix asap , i cant do guildraids or dungeons with my kittenin alts , i need to get access to my main char =_=

GscGunner.2419

Thats weird, i have tested this with my guild and we got 10 people to sparkfly fen which was corrupted and all got out again by guesting another server. Sadly that did not help you, maybe leave some information for the developers like time, server etc.

Posted by: Tyra.9526

Tyra.9526

Im in this mess too. Tried to go from Lornars Pass to Sparkfly Fen and got Network Error 5:11:3:159:101 with disconnection. Then i was lucky after a few attempts to log back in and got back in Lornars Pass. My curiousity had the best of me and i traveled to Hoelbrak —> Bloodtide coast and tried to go through the gate to Sparkfly Fen because i wanted to see if it was sparkfly fen that was the issue, and that was a mistake . After having a look here i tried to guest another server but with no change

Posted by: BlackyWarsX.5384

BlackyWarsX.5384

Got stuck in Blazeridge Steppes some minutes ago with my mesmer, tried guesting, got unstuck and put back into Mount Maelstorm. Then I tried going to BS while guesting and got stuck again. Since you can guest on two different servers per day, I freed my character and will (at least for today) not go anywhere near Blazeridge Steppes or Lornars Pass.

This is a serious problem. Corrupted Maps? Needs to be fixed asap. I hope the devs are on it.

Posted by: Ornie.1827

Ornie.1827

Good to know I’m not the only one..
Sad though that I can’t play AT ALL at the moment!! You guys are “lucky” just getting one character stuck between zones.. Mine is stuck between loading pvp arena and every character I log into, gets thrown into arena within 1 minute and then automatically, guess what: A DISCONNECT!
Awesomesauce for real yo…

Posted by: Nyku.6820

Nyku.6820

Being a dev myself (not on gw2) I don’t have high expectations on this being fixed on the weekend. I got my chars (yes multiple) by opening a ticket. However I can’t say if they got unstuck by themselves or not.

By the way, deploying of a Friday is a no no.

GscGunner.2419

[POSSIBLE FIX TO MAKE YOUR CHARACTER UNSTUCK] please leave a message if this helped you or not.

There is still a way to make your character unstuck from the loading error but this can only be done when you waypointed and not through an asura gate or map portal.

Just guest another server and you will be placed back into the map you were in before, but if you are on a portal or asura gate you will instantly load into the bugged map again.

If this does not help please include more info, think about NA or EU, time of day, IP of the map, your ping? you cant include to much info. More info = quicker fix.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Loading-map-network-error-character-stuck-FIX/first#post4515550

I already posted this exact message along other threads but pasted again for more visibility.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

That fix always worked before for the portal or asura gates, guesting to another server. But it may be possible that it must try to put you in another map and it’s less likely to do so now. Either way worth a try for those seeing this, but for the op it didn’t work

I haven’t looked very much, but I was told that spvp is having the problem as well, so it’s a more general transition issue

GscGunner.2419

More maps are getting corrupted now; Dry top, Divinity Reach, Lab, Grove, Sparfkfly, Lornars pass, Blazeridge.

Posted by: art.1402

art.1402

Anet fix your game please. K thanks bye

Posted by: Serenity.6304

Serenity.6304

I am stuck in Foefire map, cannot exit because it is tPvP and the map doesn’t close. Endless loop. Cannot login for hours now, so I gave up to try playing.

Posted by: idasmurtwon.1428

idasmurtwon.1428

Having issue loading a character in blazeridge. Was exiting my story quest and just stopped working. Is there any new ways to fix. I tried to guesting another server which did not work