My eyes are now solid black after patch.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

I just patched and my eyes went from green, to a solid black color. I know this is a minor bug but I paid for make over kits to redo my character and eye color was something I changed. I really hope this is a temporary bug because I spent money getting his eyes the color I want. Is anyone else experiencing eye color bugs after the patch?

Peter.9406

I’m a sylvari by the way. Idk if that helps figure out the problem.

Posted by: whenfirecomes.7963

whenfirecomes.7963

My Sylvari T3 light armour looks different after the patch, too. Like textures lost some depth and instead looks very flat. No graphic settings or colour changes have been made.

Posted by: TundraQualle.8204

TundraQualle.8204

Yup, they messed up something with the Sylvari T3 light armour

Attachments:

Peter.9406

The dye on my cultural armor changed colors too. I had to find a new combo.

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

I have the same issue as the OP. My sylvari’s eyes were green (specifically, Spring) before today’s patch, and are now almost black. All of my sylvari characters’ eyes look a little off, as if the shadows have been made darker, but for some reason the Spring color is especially bad.

Screenshot comparison of Spring (left) vs. Mint (right). Prior to the patch, Spring looked very similar to Mint, perhaps slightly more green/less yellow. Now it’s super dark.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tsuki Hitotsu.2097

Tsuki Hitotsu.2097

Experiencing all the same issues, including armor, though I have t3 medium(I made a post on the character arts bugs about it too). My friends “light green eyes” are now black and don’t even glow at night anymore. My own are just a lot darker

Really not sure what’s happened but Sylvari just seem to be losing their colour this patch.

Peter.9406

Ok so glad to know that it’s happening across the board; now to see how they will fix it. I paid to have my eyes the nice green color they were before and now they just look horrible so it’s money lost. Hopefully they revert it back or I’m gonna lose trust in buying stuff off the gem store if they are gonna change it without us knowing.

Posted by: Sapphirine.1023

Sapphirine.1023

My sylvari’s eyes went from purple to an ugly blue that doesn’t look good on her at all, so I really hope this will be fixed.

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

My eye color was lilac (light purple) and it remained the same :o

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Peter.9406

SO some news on the armor color changes.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-29-2013/first#post3112673
They made the cultural armor glow which is cool but my eyes are messed up…

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve added this issue to the Tracker: Reported Bugs and Their Status [collaborative effort by players] sticky thread and linked to this thread. Hopefully it will be addressed soon by a dev.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Peter.9406

Thank you!

/15char

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

Same issue here – Sylvari’s eyes are completely black after the patch. They’re supposed to be blue. In fact he doesn’t look like he has eyes, but rather empty holes in his head. It’s not only ugly, it’s creepy.

In case it’s of any use it’s a male sylvari warrior wearing a combo of T2 and T1 heavy cultural armor.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Same issue here, sylvari thief (wearing T1 medium, but I don’t think it matters) green eyes, which are now clouded over in black half the time.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

StarbornStriker.6493

So I searched my history of screenshots. I don’t have a really good screenshot that shows my main character, Domerin, close up during the day so that you can see his eyes. I do have this one I took a few days ago (right), prior to the patch, of him holding a torch inside Sharkmaw. It pairs perfectly side-by-side with the night shot I just took of him after the most recent patch (left).

For me this is a pretty severe issue. Looking at my main character right now creeps me out. I feel like he’s going to steal my soul in my sleep. Also, I never used a makeover kit. He’s been the way he was prior to the patch since his birth when I bought the game. I don’t know if that’s relevant.

Attachments:

Posted by: meghan.1760

meghan.1760

my sylvari’s eyes were yellow now there dark orange/red in color. im hoping they fix this and i dont have to buy a makeover kit

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Same problem, had green eyes, now I have black eyes. I’m not 100% sure her eyes are spring, but it looks close to the other screens posted.

http://i.imgur.com/83TyiA5.jpg

dragonbrand—

Posted by: isolitude.5716

isolitude.5716

My eyes are also different. Before the patch they were yellowish orange, and now they are a dark red color. I don’t want to have to waste my gems/make over kit to fix this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ashariel.8490

Ashariel.8490

From what I noticed while previewing in the total makeover kit, it seems kinda buggy. For instance, my sylvari had Spring color eyes, which were a bright green, but strangely enough, spring is now a very very dark green, almost black !

But for some reason, the Mint color beside it, is the Spring color of before.

Posted by: Ismial.3825

Ismial.3825

Yeah, they messed sylvari eyes up horribly with this patch. My friend’s character uses Spring too, and rather than being a bright glowy green like they’ve always been, they’re now a very dark shade that’s barely even visible, and it looks awful.

I don’t know what you guys broke, but I hope it gets changed back, and fast.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

I got the problem too now. Now my light-green spring coloured eyes are awfully dark, can’t even see the pupil anymore.
You have to admit, that the “new” colours now match the eye-colour-bar. But it still isn’t the .colour I wanted and have chosen!
I cannot remember the exact difference between the old “mint” and the old “spring”, but I know, that the light green of spring has matched the colour of my glowing much better than the “mint” colour, when I created my two sylvari.

Attachments:

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

Posted by: Kristen Perry.5260

Kristen Perry.5260

This issue is unrelated to the armor update. I will make sure the proper folk are aware of this to see it get fixed.

(FYI, it happened on my character, too!)

StinVec.3621

Hi, Kristen! Thank you

Posted by: isolitude.5716

isolitude.5716

Awesome! Thank you for getting back to us on this. =)

Posted by: luxymonsteri.1078

luxymonsteri.1078

Well, mine didn’t turn black, they turned red on some of my sylvari
I’m starting to get real tired of the way sylvari are being handled.

Attachments:

StarbornStriker.6493

Thanks Kristen! It’s a relief to know this is a mistake and will be fixed!

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Just popping in to say that one of my sylvari has now been afflicted with solid black eyes.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

So far, four of my six Sylvari has been affected by this. I checked one of them out in a makeover kit, and the slider had actually changed from my selected Ice to Frost. So it does not look like it is just a graphic thing since the colour I selected in character creation has been switched to a different one.
My white eyes are now grey, light green eyes are now pitch black, another light green are now a vivid orange, blue eyes are now pitch black.

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: JosieMach.3052

JosieMach.3052

My sylvari eyes are also different. From light green to very very dark.

Posted by: Affably.7102

Affably.7102

Two of my sylvari characters have had their eyes changed from an orange amber color to a red color. In the character creation screen the sylvari eye color choices seem to’ve been reshuffled, and some colors, like black and charcoal, are largely indistinguishable from each other.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

My Sylvari necro had the same thing happen.. but I’m kind of liking them :p

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

My Sylvari’s eyes also have this problem; they underwent much the change the Affably described above. They don’t look awful, but I spent a ridiculous amount of time making that character and her color scheme, so I’d like to get my old color back.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Posted by: Autumnmane.3574

Autumnmane.3574

My Sylvari’s eyes have gone from a bright molten gold to a dull brown, any update on whether it’s being looked at?

Posted by: Faeyas.2816

Faeyas.2816

My Sylvari’s eyes are also pitch black orbs. They were fine during Halloween and have been messed up since the last patch. I have not altered her since her creation.

My other sylvari is less affected, her eyes are just darker slightly.

What is the status of this issue? I hope it gets fixed soon!

Posted by: benschpillow.6402

benschpillow.6402

PUSH/Update..

i was about to create a new topic but then i found this and i think my issue suites this very well.
i just logged on and figured that the eyes of my char just turned light blue (image).
after reading the posts here i jumped to the following conclusion: the eyes turned dark after last patch at some players chars, and with todays patch it got fixed-wich is great btw.
BUT so this fix destroy my re-design i did last week!!!
i bought a complete-re-stylingKit (for about 25 gold!!!) because i wanted my chars eyes being totally black!… so..now.. i spent 25 gold for nothing.. what can i do against this besides buying a new styling kit( and I’m completely broke after being the first one(in game of course:)..))
greetings.

Attachments:

StinVec.3621

Can anyone else confirm that this issue of black eyes has been corrected? It was not listed in the patch notes for today’s update as having been fixed.

benschpillow.6402

it was just an assumption resulting of this treat combined the fakt that my eyecolour changed massively after todays patch… i want these black eyes back :-/…
i really would like to know as well if other people have this problem right now, especially people that used a re-styling-kit since the last patch.

Posted by: qarinus.3869

qarinus.3869

I just used a makeover kit to check the eye colours I know were affected, and it looks like they’re fixed – I don’t know if all of them are, but Spring and Amber at least are fine again.

Time for the qq from people who used makeover kits in a huff who now want their old eye colours back. XD

benschpillow.6402

i didn’t know there was an issue with the eyes during the time i purchased a styling kit till yesterday…25 gold for nuffn..wuaah!

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

is this still an issue, cuz my toons eyes look a lot darker than they use to be?