My weapon has been reskinned

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

So I was happy with my Mighty Whisperer Scepter skin I had transmuted onto a lvl80 scepter. The reason I chose the Whisperer skin was because it glowed, unlike most other weapons.
Having wasted transmutation stones on it, I was not happy to discover that after about 4 days of it being fine and dandy, the skin has now been changed to a bored normal scepter. Even the item icon has changed and the name as well. Instead of Mighty Whisperer Scepter of Corruption it is now Mighty Scepter of Corruption. The stats stayed the same. I decided to buy another Mighty Whisperer Scepter off the Trading Post, and I did buy one, but when I want to pick it up, it was labelled ‘Mighty Scepter of Air’

I have send an in-game bug report.
I’m wondering if anyone else has gotten this bug? It took me a couple of minutes to realise that the skin had been changed, but once I had noticed it was on my mind for the whole time I was playing the game.

Posted by: Incendia.6725

Incendia.6725

turns out Anet put out a patch which deliberately reskinned these weapons, because they looked too awesome… thanks a bunch

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

Yes they did. And the ‘fix’ was to choose the Whisperer alliance when offered, so you will be allowed those skins the way they were ‘intended’. Great, except if you’ve already passed the point of acceptance into an order.

It will be nice when they have all things “as intended”, won’t it?

Posted by: Blindfoldedchaos.9265

Blindfoldedchaos.9265

Geez all people do is whine whine whine, when the game is been barely out a month, they are still working on things and if you chose a different faction then stick with that factions weapon skins after all they are meant to be faction locked, its like saying you didnt want to join the whispers, but wanted the weapons, and if you complain about the money spent, file a ticket

Posted by: Keenanja.9163

Keenanja.9163

Was out of town for a few days and returned to find both my transformed glowing scepter and staff now looked like the dull tree limbs. Not sure if the stats remained transformed. Is there a place where Anet explained what they did? I had already accepted the invite to join The Order of Whispers.

And if this is intentional, then what is the point of transmutation in the game?