Mystic Forge Downgrade--Possible bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: SirSpikeDeDraco.5308

SirSpikeDeDraco.5308

I’m not even actually sure this is a bug or not, but considering this is the first time I’ve run into this(and no one seems to know), I’d rather ask.

Today, I’ve tried dropped a few dozen level 76 Masterwork swords in the Mystic Forge, and several times I’ve received blue items in return. To my knowledge, they are either supposed to stay green, or in some cases turn back as rares. Could I have confirmation on whether this downgrade is working as intended, or if it’s a bug?

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

It isn’t bugged, mystic forge is known as the Mystic Rip-off for a reason. It is only good to make stuff for legend items. Better off to sell to an npc then use that thing.

ANet purposely made the forge like this.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s nothing. I dropped 4 masterwork back item books, and it gave me nothing at all in return.

Put 4 doubloons, and you’ll get… wait for it… 1 doubloon.

I’m not using the thing again unless it’s a sure-working recipe someone else tested beforehand.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: scramble.9751

scramble.9751

definate bug from todays patch, lost 100 green swords and got 15 blue items back instead of upgrades, fix please before people lose yellow items etc

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

lol, that is not working as intended, isn’t it?

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thank you for the reports! We’re aware of these issues and working to fix them.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Rodasta.3124

Rodasta.3124

I had a bug where I put in 4 greens and got nothing in return about 3 days ago

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

The rates need to improved on that forge, Right now it is a joke. The chance of getting anything out of there worth putting the items you have are ridiculous. I tried to go for the precursor. Stopped that after talking to some friends who reported after 77 tries they didn’t get the precursor. Watch some youtube videos and you will quickly see that it is a rip off

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Actually had both mystic forge bugs happen back to back. First it downgraded level 80 rares to a 76 green. Then it ate 4 level 80 greens and didn’t give me anything.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

We definitely want to fix any issues with the Mystic Forge, and we’re sorry to hear that some of you haven’t been getting items from certain recipes. From what I understand, part of what makes fixing these issues difficult is finding the recipes that are broken, as there are a very large number of possible combinations.

To help us identify the problematic recipes, please try to be as specific as possible when reporting recipes that don’t work. Example: saying that you put in four masterwork items and didn’t get anything back isn’t as helpful as saying that you put in four masterwork greatswords and didn’t get anything back, as the latter helps us focus in on a particular item type/recipe.

Thank you for your support in tracking these problems down!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Kai.6837

Kai.6837

On three separate occasions this past weekend, I put 4 level 80 masterwork jewels which I had crafted (4 rings, 4 earrings, and 4 necklaces) into the forge. The forge accepted the items, removed them from my inventory, and did not provide a message or any item in return. This was in LA, on the Fergusen’s Crossing server. Appreciate any help in resolving the issue!

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I haven’t gotten an upgrade from the forge in a week. It used to be 1 in 5 is an upgrade (approximately). Now I’m not even sure it will upgrade anymore.

Have the upgrade rates been changed since launch?

Posted by: varonecl.4265

varonecl.4265

More than one occasion put in Four Exotic/Rare Great swords and received Masterwork. This can not be helpful for the drop rate of receiving dusk or dawn from the forge

Posted by: Archylius.2495

Archylius.2495

…and we were supposed to trust this ’’thing’’ to give us currently 500g worth dusk. Awesome!

Posted by: Turneye.5347

Turneye.5347

Stupid forge… this just happened to me..

Detailed Info as requested…

I put in 4 x Beserkers Sword of Agony, Lvl 80, Masterwork and received 1 x Clerics Sword, Lvl 80, Fine

So I tried again and once again put in 4 x Beserkers Sword of Agony, Lvl 80, Masterwork and received 1 x Beserkers Sword, Lvl 80, Fine

…gave up after that – selling the rest on trading post. This is the first piece of equipment I’ve had this issue with – generally things come back green or (on the very odd occasion) rare.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Several tries with masterwork trinkets. Apparently it doesn’t matter if the trinkets are from drops, karma merchants or crafted. 4 amulets, 4 accessories(probably 4 rings too, haven’t tested) if they are masterwork they will be removed an no result from mystic forge.

Posted by: Tharca.5176

Tharca.5176

Put 4 masterwork lvl 65 earrings into the mystic forge. Forge accepted it but gave nothing in return. No message either.

Posted by: Cidine.3985

Cidine.3985

Out of the 10 times I did the mystic forge today with lvl 80 masterwork swords, I received only 2 lvl 80 masterwork swords and 8 lvl 80 fine swords.

It was my understanding that the Mystic Forge will either yield 1 item of the same tier or 1 item of a tier higher(blue to green, green to yellow, yellow to orange). It is discouraging to say the least to see downgraded returns.

Until today, I haven’t really done the Mystic Forge in bulk since November. Back then, I did it well over 100 times (lvl80 masterwork greatswords) and would always get either a masterwork in return or, if I was fortunate, a Rare. Never did I experience a downgraded tier before today.

Please fix this bug ASAP. I have heard some talk from others that they are experiencing similar issues. New players are beginning to think this is normal which might explain why you haven’t gotten more complaints thus far.

Posted by: Phuriocity.9218

Phuriocity.9218

Out of the 10 times I did the mystic forge today with lvl 80 masterwork swords, I received only 2 lvl 80 masterwork swords and 8 lvl 80 fine swords.

It was my understanding that the Mystic Forge will either yield 1 item of the same tier or 1 item of a tier higher(blue to green, green to yellow, yellow to orange). It is discouraging to say the least to see downgraded returns.

Until today, I haven’t really done the Mystic Forge in bulk since November. Back then, I did it well over 100 times (lvl80 masterwork greatswords) and would always get either a masterwork in return or, if I was fortunate, a Rare. Never did I experience a downgraded tier before today.

Please fix this bug ASAP. I have heard some talk from others that they are experiencing similar issues. New players are beginning to think this is normal which might explain why you haven’t gotten more complaints thus far.

Judging by your percentage (Exactly 1/5) it seems as if they knocked the entire mystic Forge system down a tier. At the moment, it looks like instead of 80% same level / 20% upgrade, it’s 80% downgrade / 20% same level.

Posted by: Cidine.3985

Cidine.3985

Judging by your percentage (Exactly 1/5) it seems as if they knocked the entire mystic Forge system down a tier. At the moment, it looks like instead of 80% same level / 20% upgrade, it’s 80% downgrade / 20% same level.

And if this is true, then what’s the point in doing mystic forge? I’m sure tons of players will be lining up for diminishing returns…

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Try 100g worth of L80 exotic longbows, I got 2 named bows back from all that, the rest came back as the same item I was putting in. I highly doubt that exotics give a better chance than rares no matter what anyone says, forge really just screws players beyond belief

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”