Mystic Forge - Not sure if this is a bug or just a greedy genie

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

I put 4 rares into the mystic forge and received nothing in return. My understanding was that you always receive something, just not necessarily something better. Is this a bug or is there always a chance of getting nothing?

I wanted to see what you all thought before potentially posting a non bug in the bug forums.

Thanks!

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

I’m unsure on this one as well… It hasn’t yet happened to me with golds, but it’s happened a couple times when I put greens into the forge… I assumed it was part of the “gamble”, but then I remember someone posting it in the bug forums and a Dev replied to it and it sounded like it could very well be a bug (Though the Dev wasn’t very clear on the matter)

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

Everything I’ve read about it says you should get something back from it. Not always something improved, but you always get something back.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

You should get at least an item of the same quality or one above of the four you placed in the MF.

It is a bug.

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

At least I know that the devs read this thread. This thread was originally in the players helping players forum because I didn’t know if it was a bug. Once I found out then I made a new thread in the bug forums. Instead of responding they moved my first thread to the bug forums then sent me a message about not making duplicate threads and not using demanding language.

I didn’t used demanding language. I said “could a rep please respond”. No offense but but this is not a very friendly way to respond to a player who is politely pointing out getting screwed by a bug…

Posted by: Nightreaver.3167

Nightreaver.3167

Just had the same thing happen.
Put 4 Level 80 Green items into the forge and got nothing out.
3 were items that I bought from a karma vendor.
So may be an issue with either karma items or when using a combination of karma and normal items in the forge.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

OP, what were the four items, do you remember? The more information, the better.

Posted by: Lesyra.2439

Lesyra.2439

I got the same Problem today. I throw in like 20 earrings and got exactly nothing. This realy needs a fix!

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

I posted this in the crafting section as well but thought I’d add it here.

I’ve been putting in green lvl 80 swords lately, but I’ve had at least 4 instances now where I get a lvl 80 blue back. Is that supposed to happen? I thought the worst you got was the worst item you put in so in my case another green lvl 80 sword. Swords were all from Orr and various dragon DE’s none were karma items.