Mystic Salvage kit says 25% rare yield, actual yield seems much lower

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chocula.9341

Chocula.9341

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Mystic-salvage-kit-less-than-25-rare-salvage/first#post81409

After a few hundred salvages by several people the mystic salvage kit appears to be bugged – it claims 25% rare salvage in the text but yields much less. The other 25% salvage kit, the master’s salvage kit, appears to give rare materials at the correct rate. It’s impossible to be certain since we’re just testing against a probability but I think this merits attention

Posted by: Gahro.4095

Gahro.4095

I also seem to get rare materials much less often with the Mystic Kit. Figured it had to be the wrong values…

Posted by: aeonZgamer.5307

aeonZgamer.5307

Well 25% is fairly high that’s 1 in 4

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I don’t get it..How orichalcum and gossamer are “rare” materials..?
They are white, yes orichalcum is more rare to find than mithril, and gossamer is harder to get than silk, but they are still all white.
Doesn’t “rare” stand for anything beyold white in this specific situation?

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Posted by: doctorfaust.9361

doctorfaust.9361

My theory is that when salvage kits refer to ‘rare’ materials they mean one tier higher than normal. So salvaging a 70-79(80?) item normally gives you mithril/silk, but if the salvage kit procs the ‘rare’ material then you get orichalcum/gossamer instead.

Chocula.9341

My theory is that when salvage kits refer to ‘rare’ materials they mean one tier higher than normal. So salvaging a 70-79(80?) item normally gives you mithril/silk, but if the salvage kit procs the ‘rare’ material then you get orichalcum/gossamer instead.

Yeah, pretty much; I’m not sure if there are “rare” materials from lower level equipment, it doesn’t really become super important until 70+ when the “rare” mats can sell for 10-20x what the normal mats are worth

It has nothing to do with the color of the item

Posted by: MattVid.7905

MattVid.7905

From what I have seen on my way up to 80, and at 80, is there really never felt like there was a point to using anything above the crude kits. Unless you were trying to recover upgrades.

Now, I am using the Master kits to get the highest chance to get Ectoplasms from 70+ rare/exotic gear, so I can make my exotic 80 set from crafting. You might get a tier up material or something, but overall, they are basically all the same except for the 80 stuff.

I would think the Mystic kits and the especially the Black Lion kits need to be boosted up some. The Black Lion only gives 10% to get rare materials? Is that bugged, or is the tool tip wrong or something? I would think that the cash shop items would be the best in game /shrug Especially since they cost the most resources to make/get.

Vidrak Ironwill – Norn Guardian
Omniscient of Jade Quarry

Chocula.9341

I’ve read that black lion kits actually have much higher than their listed10% rare yield but I haven’t tested it personally