Mystic forge took my items but didn't give me a reward

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aesir.7519

Aesir.7519

After the last update, I was able to place 4 gold items on the mystic forge… but after clicking forge the items just went away and I didn’t get anything (the usual Zomoros gives you whatever message didn’t even come up)

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Same here. 4 rare lost, got nothing. Happened to guy from guild, too. Don’t know is it intended or just game bug…

Posted by: zetasai.1802

zetasai.1802

The same thing happened to me yesterday, 4 rares placed into the forge and nothing happened. Just the items being sucked up into the whirl animation. I haven’t been able to find anything about the Mystic Forge having a fail chance.

Posted by: graehl.3052

graehl.3052

Just happened to me as well. 4 rares, gone. 4 various longbows that I outleveled.

Posted by: levelfiftynerd.7514

levelfiftynerd.7514

Same thing here. Lost four level 80 earrings. Thought maybe I was lagging and just didn’t see the item in my inventory so I logged out and back in. Still didn’t have the item. Then I thought maybe since I logged out I missed out on the item so tossed another four earrings in and the same thing happened again.

Posted by: gavrious.3956

gavrious.3956

That just happened to me!!!
What is this??
We can loose items just like that?
Is this a bug?

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

This! I actually figured I’d throw some green master stuff in here just to see how things worked before I threw anything else in, and I got nothing, no message, no item, nada. Now I’m scared of it.

Aesir.7519

I got this response after placing a support request:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team! We would like to apologize for the time it has taken to get to your issue.

While we would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items or characters in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Needless to say, I’m not too thrilled with the response I got… I replied back saying that they should at least give me 4 random items similar to the ones I lost… we’ll see if they reply.

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

Just ate 8 of my items.

- I used all crafted earrings both times.
- all earrings green quality and same level

can confirm the Forge does read “found a match!” but produces nothing, items just vanish

Posted by: TheAngryLuddite.1834

TheAngryLuddite.1834

Argh… same here.

I guess I won’t be using the mystic forge again for a while…

Posted by: Fugitivelama.3065

Fugitivelama.3065

This happened to me before the patch , about 2 or 3 days ago with 4 green level 80 JC items.

Posted by: Hess.1602

Hess.1602

I had made another post about this happening to me. For some reason I didn’t think of looking for a post. Dumb on my part. Anyway tho, I see this as being a big problem. The TP being down I can deal with and party issues I can deal with, but when a game mechanic is taking your items through a bug and Arena Net is saying they are not able to refund them to you, that is a big problem.

Yes, you could just stop using the forge all together, but I’m sure a lot of people don’t know about the bug, and are just getting screwed over. I had been using the forge to recycle all of my items since the release, and this just now happened to me last night. Also I feel really bad now because I had told a guildy how amazing the forge was, before I knew about the bug. He went to it and put his items in and lost them all.

Imo, this is something that needs fixed right away and items should be refunded. Or, at the least, should be announced by Arena Net that it is broken and is taking items and not giving anything back. A lot of people are just going to get screwed over with their items when it comes to this. The quicker it gets fixed the less amount of tickets will come in asking for their items refunded.

Aesir.7519

After hearing from other guildies that it is working fine I give it another go… 4 level 80 jewels… silly me… I SHOULD have known better… they were gone just like that

At the very least, I want an acknowledgement that the Mystic Forge IS BUGGED!!!!

Posted by: Jappa.8597

Jappa.8597

Just said ‘bye bye’ to 4 yellow items after the PvP forge ate them.

Posted by: Signet of Forums.4397

Signet of Forums.4397

There’s a reason they chose a name that has “MF” as its initials .

Therefore we proceed to write a sig.

Aesir.7519

I’ve lost 8 items… I might as well lose 4 more and make a youtube video of this… just to prove this IS a bug that needs fixing… stay tuned

Aesir.7519

After testing a theory I can confirm this is a server issue (Jade Quarry)… moved to Kaineng and the Mystic Forge works fine. Of course this doesnt fix the items I lost, but at least it made me move to a server that works (bugged skill points, pvp issues… Jade Quarry is SEVERELY messed up)

Edit: 4 Green jewels gone in Kaineng… no reward… this Mystic Forge thing is broken

(edited by Aesir.7519)

Posted by: gamerluna.8907

gamerluna.8907

Is there a way we can get an update on this because I lost 8 rare items this morning and don’t want to attempt to make a mystic or other items if this is going to continue to happen.

Posted by: LurkN.1834

LurkN.1834

just lost 8 items as well, please fix or at least let us know if theres like a .05% chance to get nothing?

Posted by: VooDooU.4891

VooDooU.4891

They still havent responded to my ticket on this from 8/31.. and they CAN give items back as they did it for one of my guildies who lost his digital deluxe items. I have lost a set of greens and yellows to this bug.

Aesir.7519

Yeah… they are having a tough week… I am patient, but this is a bug that worries me (Anet, just imagine the reaction of a player not losing a few masterwork, rare or even exotic items… but the components for a legendary weapon… it would be too much)

And as it is, the one thing I want is for Anet to agree that the bug exists and it will be looked at. Even though I’ve lost over 12 items (masterwork and rare) I can and will wait for whatever sort of fix they can come up for them… but the one thing that ticks me off is that we haven’t even received a proper acknowledgement of the issue.

Posted by: LurkN.1834

LurkN.1834

……… I can and will wait for whatever sort of fix they can come up for them… but the one thing that ticks me off is that we haven’t even received a proper acknowledgement of the issue.

yes, i also will not be using the forge until there is a fix. and we should get a proper acknowledgement that it is happening.

Posted by: Antaris.5281

Antaris.5281

Just happened to me as well. 4 rares gone. Don’t need them that much but if I get a plenty of yellow-font nothing, I might as well salvage them.

I hope we all get our stuff back, or a way to compensate.

Aesir.7519

September 18th… still no word from Anet

Posted by: Naudlus.2873

Naudlus.2873

Just happened to me today. Lost four rares.

Posted by: BubbaMac.1630

BubbaMac.1630

I just lost 4 Rare items as well.

Posted by: iskandarex.7538

iskandarex.7538

I also lost 4 Rare items at the mystic forge 2dae

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

Unfortunatly I didn’t see this post earlier… Same happened to me just now. 4 rare items gone :/
I really do hope all people who experienced this bug can have something back. Even if it is just 1 item that could’ve come out of it… This pretty much sucks x’D

Vabbi server here btw.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

(edited by Curae.1837)

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

just happened to me too. I wonder if it’s because 2 of them were soulbound items i had someone craft for me.

On Crystal Desert by the way, so not only Jade Quarry

Posted by: MrDreadlock.4512

MrDreadlock.4512

same here. four masterwork lvl 80 amulets bought from TP.
nothing in return.

Aesir.7519

It seems to happen the most with jewels… but it has also happened with regular items… confirmed it happens on multiple servers… still no answer or acknowledgement that the issue exists

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I just put 3 salvage kits in with mystic forge stones and got a mystic salvage kit. So it worked properly. Just wanted you guys to know.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Aesir.7519

I just put 3 salvage kits in with mystic forge stones and got a mystic salvage kit. So it worked properly. Just wanted you guys to know.

Hi there! it’s a random bug… which makes it harder to resolve… still waiting on acknowledgement that the bug is being looked at

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

I just lost 4 trinkets, and although not a lot of money lost on these items, it’s very disappointing to see that support will not even look into the issue for refunding items. For the time being, I guess I’ll hold off on using the Mystic Forge…

Posted by: Kai.6837

Kai.6837

Has happened to me multiple times over last 24 hours (12 lvl 80 jewelry items tried over three different gaming sessions). Won’t be using the forage any longer until I see a fix announced. Very disappointing.

Posted by: georgessj.4198

georgessj.4198

let me welcome my self to the club so anyone got items back ??? should i try do something?

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

let me welcome my self to the club so anyone got items back ??? should i try do something?

Your stuff is gone. If you put in a support ticket to try and get it one someone’s radar you just get a patronizing response saying basically “gee, sorry, can’t help you, it’s gone”.

On some other issues there have been suggestions to effectively flood support by putting in a ticket every time it happens, but that’s more to try and collect data for problems they actually want to fix and given that this issue has existed for months now and is completely reproducible under multiple circumstances, whether you think it’s worth your time or not is really just a matter of how optimistic you are.

Other than that, the only thing I could suggest is never throwing in crafted jewelery. That has a 100%, completely reproducible failure rate for me so far.

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

Also happened to me too today. 4 Masterwork accessories(all level 80). Nothing in return.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I put in 4 masterwork book accessories from fotm and similarly got nothing.