NEVERMORE IV: Friend of the owl spirt

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Twiggy.2138

Twiggy.2138

This collection requires you to complete the event ‘Defeat the Svanir Hunters before they kill all the owls’ (the tooltip is wrong and its swapped with the other friend of the owl)

The problem with this is that you need to fail TWO EVENTS to get this one event to start. This is a HIGH TRAFFIC area, lots of new people as its a low lvl zone, its also a heart area. It is VERY HARD to fail this event, and it involves a lot of asking people to stop attacking the mob that is very easy to kill.

This seems to go against everything that ANET stands for and really doesn’t feel very legendary to be telling new players to stop attacking a mob and let an event fail. Not only one event but TWO events in a row. Ofcourse the people in the map do not listen when asked to stop attacking, the mob dies and then there is another 15 min wait to repeat the cycle.

Ive been trying for hours to get this event and very very frustrating and not a pleasing experience at all. Something needs to be done to stop requiring events to fail.

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Nevermore*

And yes, same problem here.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Twiggy.2138

oh sorry, yeah i am really really tired and kittened off. thats a pretty embarrassing mistake though ha.

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Similar problem with friend of the hounds / friend of the pups. event gives hound item and NPC also sells hound item. cannot obtain pups. Also, i think shoo rabbits from shaemoor event is bugged, it just never occurs.

Aisina.4963

Just begged a guy to not kill the event leading up to this, he flat out ignored me.
It only takes 1 person wanting to troll to ruin it for people waiting

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Posted by: deltablues.1872

deltablues.1872

As I wrote on the reddit thread:

Currently these steps are bugged for me in tier IV: – Combine Raven and Spirit (No option at hero point with vision crystal and primed raven)
- Tamed Spirit (Nothing happens at Heart of Raven)
- Friend of the pup/friend of the hounds (descriptions mixed, can only buy friend of the hounds from Danador, event drops hound trophy as well)
- Friend of the rabbits (event doesn’t doesn’t start)
- Friend of the Owl/Owl Spirit – (descriptions mixed, annoying to get friend of the owl spirit in its current form because event needs to fail and never does because so many players are there at all times)
- Friend of the Drakes (event doesn’t start)
- Power over Siegemaster (event doesn’t start)

The events not starting could be a server thing… it was going smooth up until this, but this is absolutely ridiculous… spelling mistakes, mixed up collection items and straight up bugs .

Aisina.4963

Currently these steps are bugged for me in tier IV: – Combine Raven and Spirit (No option at hero point with vision crystal and primed raven)
- Tamed Spirit (Nothing happens at Heart of Raven)
- Friend of the pup/friend of the hounds (descriptions mixed, can only buy friend of the hounds from Danador, event drops hound trophy as well)
- Friend of the rabbits (event doesn’t doesn’t start)
- Friend of the Owl/Owl Spirit – (descriptions mixed, annoying to get friend of the owl spirit in its current form because event needs to fail and never does because so many players are there at all times)
- Friend of the Drakes (event doesn’t start)
- Power over Siegemaster (event doesn’t start)

Combine Raven and Spirit – You need the Tamed Spirit for this to work.
Tamed Spirit – You need all the friendship options finished for this.
Friend of the Pups – Yes, bugged.
Friend of the Rabbits – Yes, bugged.
Friend of the Owl etc – Yes, same problems with this.
Friend of the Drakes – Not bugged, just a long kitten timer on this one.
Power Over Siegemaster – Was there when I went to do it earlier, so imma say not bugged. Maybe a long timer again.

For me I can’t get the Barradin one as the vaults are always taken.
Should have brought a picnic to wait it out!

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Anet y u do dis

Aisina.4963

Update: Seems Plains of Ashford Meta events (Vaults/Siegemaster) are not resetting.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

Posted by: Delwar.4201

Delwar.4201

Just begged a guy to not kill the event leading up to this, he flat out ignored me.
It only takes 1 person wanting to troll to ruin it for people waiting

I had to pay gold to people to not kill the npcs in the event. Yet more shower up and killed it…. like a bunch of hobos…

I don’t know who designed this collection requiring events to fail to spawn a specific event, (s)he should be sacked. We should be trying to complete an event NOT fail it. What is the purpose of failing it ?? Bring RPG !!!

The name Nevermore is suiting for the legendary crafting. Never doing it again.

Commander of Sentinels of Melandru
http://smelandru.guildlaunch.com/

(edited by Delwar.4201)

Posted by: noir.6392

noir.6392

1. The meta events in Plains of Ashford seem to not reset or are on a very long timer.
2. Completed the event for “Fried of the Owl Spirit” → “Protect the owl spirits from Jormag’s minions”, but didn’t get progress towards the collection.
3. Been waiting for 2 hours for the event in Wayfarer → “Stop the grawl from stealing drake eggs” to spawn, and it still hasn’t.

Didn’t bother yet with the Friend of the Houds, Friend of the Pups or Friend of the Rabbits since people say they’re broken.

And how about that “Unknown” ascended ring that wiki lists as a component for Gift of Nevermore?

I find it hard to believe that any testing team would be able to overlook such bugs, so it makes me wonder if they’re here on purpose. Are we not supposed to get these legendaries?

In any case, here’s to hoping for quickfixes.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

1. The meta events in Plains of Ashford seem to not reset or are on a very long timer.
2. Completed the event for “Fried of the Owl Spirit” -> “Protect the owl spirits from Jormag’s minions”, but didn’t get progress towards the collection.
3. Been waiting for 2 hours for the event in Wayfarer -> “Stop the grawl from stealing drake eggs” to spawn, and it still hasn’t.

Didn’t bother yet with the Friend of the Houds, Friend of the Pups or Friend of the Rabbits since people say they’re broken.

And how about that “Unknown” ascended ring that wiki lists as a component for Gift of Nevermore?

I find it hard to believe that any testing team would be able to overlook such bugs, so it makes me wonder if they’re here on purpose. Are we not supposed to get these legendaries?

In any case, here’s to hoping for quickfixes.

1 and 3 spawn, they just have long timers in between. Try guesting to increase your chance finding them.

Twiggy.2138

Im pretty sure that this is the last step. Need to finish all the bugged stuff first :P

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

These bugged events are bad but they can be fixed, whats worse tho is this one that requires 2 events have to fail in order to complete protecting the owls… this is poor planning and design. These should all be items from heart vendors. The amount of troll on these is horrible.

noir.6392

1 and 3 spawn, they just have long timers in between. Try guesting to increase your chance finding them.

Might not be bugged, but should be looked into as well, even though not as a priority. Seems like poor design to have people wait for hours (2++) for an event to spawn.

akaCryptic.2389

Can confirm that:
NPC is giving friend of hounds, making friend of pups unobtainable.
Shoo Rabbits of Shaemoor event for friend of rabbits is NOT happening.
Got friend of owls (hint: kill svanir…) by doing the kill jormag minions event. Makes me wonder if doing kill svanir event gives the same trophy, making gift of owl spirit unobtainable? Not to mention svanir event only happens when jormag fails, which is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE because people come and do it.

noir.6392

You get friend of the Owl Spirit from the event where you have to kill the Veteran Shaman and then the Totem, so.. two preceding events have to fail for this one to happen.

We were about 20 people there yesterday and one person had to resort to deception to get the new players to stop trying to complete the events normally. This shouldn’t have to happen..

Maybe look at the spawn timers for events like “Stop the grawl from stealing drake eggs” and the Plains of Ashford metas.. Waited about 6 hours total for the Grawl event until I saw it (one session of 2h and one session of 4h).

Friend of the Pups → NPC offers Friend of the Hounds, so it’s unobtainable.

The rabbit event in Queensdale don’t seem to spawn, camped it for hours. Is it even in the game anymore?

Posted by: Mishy.8275

Mishy.8275

I met the same bugs ! Arenanet come on this is not professional at all..
You can’t offer something which is not tested before… these are not big bugs but you wait feedbacks from players to fix potential bugs.

=> For us players, this is disapointing, to be stuck like this and to have to wait you get the feedback + fixing work..

(edited by Mishy.8275)

WatcherJason.2678

I lucked in and got to do the “Defend owls”. Got nothing…

Edit: Got it!, had to wait for the whole event chain to finish which ended in destroying the totem.

(edited by WatcherJason.2678)

WatcherJason.2678

I met the same bugs ! Arenanet come on this is not professional at all..
You can’t offer something which is not tested before… these are not big bugs but you wait feedbacks from players to fix potential bugs.

This really does make me wonder about their test environment, how out of date is it? Especially with the “Friend of the Rabbits” which has been reported as bugged for over 6 months…

Posted by: coroch.8956

coroch.8956

So I just did 10:00am to now 6pm standing still waiting for event to fail, even spend 20 golds for convincing new players to no do event and still nothing fail cause some one passed by and shut it down.
Like please how could you think this wasn’t a bad idea ?!
So frustrating even guys with lvl 100 masteries pass by for only god know why and don’t care.

Posted by: Shadow Espada.9183

Shadow Espada.9183

Any luck on any of those bugged events guys??

Posted by: terasi.7049

terasi.7049

afaik:
defender of owl: its possible, you get it after you kill the shaman and destroy the totem
friend of rabbits: still not happening, no event, nowhere
friend of pups/hounds: still bugged, you can buy the item which you should get after using repellant, repellant does not give the other collectionprogress

Posted by: jaheem.1236

jaheem.1236

Can we please hear something from ANet about these problems? Are they going to be fixed, and if so, how long a wait is it going to be? Thanks

(edited by jaheem.1236)

akaCryptic.2389

New legendaries were already delayed. It has been a week since they came out and these bugs still arent fixed.

Posted by: Reema.7360

Reema.7360

The owl one makes players have contradicting goals in an environment where we are supposed to be happy about any other player. This leads to frustration and thus to toxic behaviour.

The unobtainable ones make me shake my head. I thought the rabbit event was removed during the New Player Experience a year ago. I guess the Hound/Pup one can happen but it needs to be noticed ASAP.

Posted by: Grymlocke.1067

Grymlocke.1067

Stuck on Combine Raven and Spirit

I saw the notes for needing tamed spirit but this is AFTER u have done this but i did go to the heart of the raven and nothing happened

Posted by: calcium.5942

calcium.5942

@Grymlocke , in order to do the combine raven and spirit part , you need to get friend of the rabbits & friend of the pups first , and they are bugged , which means you cant progress.
been waiting 5 days or more so far , and no fix . my whole gaming progress in gw2 stopped because i dont feel like doing anything besides finishing the collection first.

Grymlocke.1067

@Grymlocke , in order to do the combine raven and spirit part , you need to get friend of the rabbits & friend of the pups first , and they are bugged , which means you cant progress.
been waiting 5 days or more so far , and no fix . my whole gaming progress in gw2 stopped because i dont feel like doing anything besides finishing the collection first.

hmm then it means i have been stuck for 3 days

1: tool tips/hints are very unreliable
2: bugged issues in part 3/4 and now this?

nevermore would have been mine 3 days ago if not for this….

bad enough the game has more bugs than an Ants nest, but this is really kitten poor

Grymlocke.1067

/sigh

been waiting for the drake event to spawn for 3 hours. and 20 minutes …….. something must be wrong if its spawned brood-mother over 28 times and Stampede over 20 times and yet no Thief event spawned?

Grymlocke.1067

4 hours…… no thief quest yet has spawned…

Grymlocke.1067

5 hours….. kitten sake A-net please fix this kitten kitten kitten kitten poor coding

Posted by: Reverze.7180

Reverze.7180

I did it at 4am just before i went to work,so noone was in those maps.Wich is kinda dumb^^

Posted by: Devils Emisary.8526

Devils Emisary.8526

So I know Anet has a lot of other things they are probably working on, but it would be realllllly nice to see at least one post saying they understand this is an issue and will work on it as soon as they can. I’m losing hope quickly…

Posted by: robin.6891

robin.6891

So I know Anet has a lot of other things they are probably working on, but it would be realllllly nice to see at least one post saying they understand this is an issue and will work on it as soon as they can. I’m losing hope quickly…

No chance they don’t seem to care about us. I’m about to write an open letter in the name of the players towars Arenanet, regarding the lack of communication and what is happening at the moment. Something is going on…. Even if the number of players has doubled, there seems to be a lack of employees.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

- Rabbit event is not starting and thus reward is not obtainable
- Friend of the pup event/vendor have wrong rewards thus one is not obtainable
- Owl related stuff is kitten due to the frustration you have to go through to obtain it

Two items aren’t obtainable due to bugs (rabbit & pups), one is really hard to obtain due to the nature of the task (owl) and last two are not obtainable since they require all the rest to be done first.

Really hope this gonna be fixed with today’s update.

akaCryptic.2389

Waited over 2 hours. Can confirm Friend of Rabbits is still bugged.

jaheem.1236

Friend of the Pups is now fixed, you can buy it from the Karma vendor

jaheem.1236

For Friend of Rabbits, please check https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3v1h6u/attention_nevermore_crafters/

I can confirm it works

Posted by: robin.6891

robin.6891

Send a request 3 hours ago… they seemed to stop giving out the item. I didn’t get one either. -.-

Posted by: Popocatl.2649

Popocatl.2649

OMG I just can’t believe it. ArenaNet is doing this wrong, it’s impossible to get this item with a lot of ppl killing the veteran or destroying the totem. I send a ticket and ArenaNet’s answer is giving me headache!

Victoria Croy

(edited by Popocatl.2649)

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

About the Friend of the Owl Spirit collection item.

I hope ANet staff is really looking into this problem they have created (whoever is responsible for this, I don’t have nice words in my mind after 2 days and no luck, even at night). An option could be, that let’s say every xx:15, xx:45 the jormag minions event starts, and at every xx:00 and xx:30 the shaman and totem event-line.

Also, the svanir shaman should be invulnerable (similar to maw shaman), and should build that totem.

This way, players wouldn’t have to sit there for days, praying to gods, and trying to convince other (99% ignorant) players, that they need the event to fail, so another one could spawn which they need to finish (I’m sorry to say this) for a poorly designed collection. Until this point I really liked the vol.3 and vol.4 collections. But this… is making me mad. -.-

I’ve asked support about this issue, but they cannot grant the item from this event, since it is working properly, the event “just” needs to fail.
I can understand them.

I’m still hoping for a fix next tuesday on this, I would really like to finish this legendary before Xmas. But of course, probably the wintersday event will be more important.

Posted by: dirtslingerr.9157

dirtslingerr.9157

Theres an npc there named “Dena” next to Farmer Arlo. She has what you need for the achievement.

Posted by: Grandobamf.3548

Grandobamf.3548

Can anyone tell me how to get Combine Raven and Spirit and Tamed Spirit for crafting
Nevermore nothing happens when i press f at them and thats the last 2 i need before im done.

Posted by: Zher.5836

Zher.5836

I really hope ANET is looking into this,
I have been trying to tell people not to kill Jormag minions and also the shaman….

no one listen and most of them just ignore me.

it has been almost a week and still no luck at all.

Please Anet please look into it, otherwise its almost impossible to complete this task.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The issue was resolved some time ago, because you don’t need the events to fail any longer.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”