[NPC] Mist Warriors beckoning

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

As of the latest update, the Mist Warrior in the Grove (I’m not sure about the other cities) will now not stop beckoning. It happens every few seconds/minutes, probably because he is no longer culled. I am also not sure if it happens in other parts of the city, but in the path described below, it does. This is rather annoying when you’re talking to people or roleplaying.

Path:
- Go to the Grove
- Head over to the bottom level
- Stand in The House of Kahedins
- Observe (with emotes on)

Attachments:

Wubdor.5190

Just want to say that this is still going on and I don’t want this to get lost in the countless threads.

Wubdor.5190

I’m going to keep bumping this until I see that it’s no longer an issue. This is very annoying and it happens in more than one place, like I said in the OP. They reach you all the way on the other side of the Grove with their emotes.

Wubdor.5190

Still going on. I’d like you to take a look at this, mods. It’s really annoying.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’ve noticed this excessive beckoning as well. This annoyance led to my disabling emotes while in The Grove as this Mist Warrior floods my chat with their incessant calls.

I do not craft, but I selected a profession to learn just to keep the Crafting Crier from running up and shouting in my face every 3 seconds and then proceeding to chase me around all the while yelling at me. Is there any way to get the Mist Warrior to no longer insist I listen to what they have to say, just as choosing a profession finally led the Crafting Crier to leave me in peace?

• UPDATE -September 25th-
    Just as an update to show that it seems to have gotten worse. It is also sometimes worse than this composite screenshot shows and actually beckons 4-8 times per minute for a short while.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Wubdor.5190

The problem is that I can’t turn off emotes, since I’m mostly a roleplayer, so I need those emotes to show up. But yeah, this needs to be addressed.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the report.

I’ll get this added to the tracker.

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stop-Beckoning-At-Me-You-Spammer/first#post2842713"

This thread I just posted also mentions that the issue is happening in the Black Citadel too.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

Wubdor.5190

After this September 17 update, still not fixed. Not sure why.

Edit: I do notice a decrease in the beckoning at this time of writing (now that I took some distance). When I was closer to him (really close to him) and went afk, I came back to some messages from him right after each other, but now that I’m at the asura gate, he’s not been bugging me for 10 minutes and counting.

(edited by Wubdor.5190)

Posted by: Nico Cunen.2589

Nico Cunen.2589

This is still happening to me, at least in Black Citadel.

Posted by: MartyrPanda.5176

MartyrPanda.5176

Rise from your grave! So, necroing this because it started happening to me tonight. Hasn’t happened until now, but yeah. I’m being beckoned every few minutes.

Attachments:

Posted by: mightytrazz.6715

mightytrazz.6715

gonna bump this since it’s apparently still existing in black citadel

Attachments: